Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mustang for Breakfast, SuperBee for Lunch and Evo for Supper :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Mustang for Breakfast, SuperBee for Lunch and Evo for Supper :)

Man.. what a DAY. The T76 turbo Jose sold me is making my smile wider and wider every day!
Mustang:
Left the house at around 6:07am and got on FM2920 heading towards I-45. As I get close to the last stoplight before the freeway, I hear a really healthy sounding Mustang up ahead of me banging thru the gears. He's in that middle turn lane, accelerating up to traffic speed so he can merge in. It sounds badass and has custom exhaust, really wide tires, nice rims. At the very least, I suspect it's a Heads/Cam/Headers car. With the stoplight red, His lane has more cars in it than mine, so I pull up beside him and comment that his car sounds really good. He smiles and nods. I go ahead and pull up behind the car in my lane and await the green light. The light changes and I move over to the turn lane. With a smile, I notice he's pulled in behind me. As I turn onto the feeder lane, I keep my tranny in 2nd and as I start to accelerate, sure enough, he hits the gas. My foot goes down and as the boost start getting serious, I pull away strongly and shift to third. His front end was up like he was trying but he kept falling back. I let off and went back to 45mph. As we pulled onto I-45, I was going the speed limit of 65mph and as he pulled slowly past me in the traffic, I looked over for a thumbs up or acknowledgement, but none was given. He almost looked sullen

Super Bee
A beautiful Yellow Super Bee and I happened to be side by side, first cars at the light. He kept his windows rolled up but I could see the silhouette of his head looking over through his tint. I wasn't sure if he was going to jump or not until the protected turn green arrow came on and he bumped the clutch in anticipation. He quickly braked and waited till the real green came on. I left just soft enough to stay beside him to make him think he was gonna take me thru 1st, then I wailed on into second and the front of the car lifted to it's full height on the shocks and I flew away from him, quickly shutting down since he was probably back there stammering. Lol...

Evo
I've been reading and reading about these cars and they sound impressive. I've seen several Youtube videos where they've been shaming 4th Gens and 'vettes (all normally aspirated, I'm sure). Well, I'd just left Starbucks about 30 minutes ago and was waiting for traffic to pass by in front of me so I could pull out onto 2920. Suddenly, I hear a blatty exhaust (some kind of Honda), a menacing sounding exhaust(Evo) and a throaty V8 (a custom painted C5). The Evo takes both the honda(no surprise, prolly just a fart can) and the C5(hmmm... interesting) as they go zooming by. Hot Damn!!! I jump out behind them since they've all slowed down to the speed limit of 55. I kept praying for the Evo to get on the freeway feeder of I45. Prayer is answered! He's right ahead of me just probably reveling in the glory of beating that C5. I decide to tweak his nose. Now mind you, my car is a sleeper. It looks soooo stock. Brake dust all over my salad shooter wheels, road film from 2 solid days of rain, blah looking 3" straight tips coming out back off my quiet dynomax muffler. This guy had to be thinking stock turd LT1. So I pass him real quick but slow down real quick to the speed limit. Hahaha.. he takes the bait. As we get where nobody is in front of us, he gently navigates beside me as if studying his prey. The I hear him start to beep 3 times. On the second beep, I downshift to 3rd and wait for the 3rd beep. We both hit it. For a part of a second in time, I drop back a foot. Then 12 psi hits and I leap ahead like Michael Phelps off the starting blocks ahead of him. I shift to fourth but he's already quit and is pulling over 2 lanes and back to the speed limit. Bwaaahhahahha... He's probably thinking, "Farking cheater...I'M SUPPOSED TO BE THE WINNER, not your damn domestic!"

Old 08-22-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

normally aspirated eh? hehe

Good races.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like an awesome car. You gotta love putting these cars in their place. I had an exciting day once upon a time like that....but that was when my car ran. Good kills.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HaHaHa never get tired of stories like that. I just need my new turbo to come in and this stupid hurricane to move the hell out so I can do the same.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i miss my car now. i want some kills to talk about. stupied ehad gaskets
Old 08-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Banned

nice kill
Old 08-23-2008, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

Mustang for breakfast huh.

I enjoy light breakfasts too. You get over stuffed and it just ruins the whole day.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

sound like fun. good kills. but FYI, Super Bees don't have clutches. they are all autos.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Ah.. .didn't know that. They sure are good looking cars. I'd love to have one. I'd buy one in a heartbeat but my credit is pretty tattered after all the medical bills from a Brain tumor I had removed a couple of years ago.
Is that your car in your Avatar?

Originally Posted by ****** srt8
sound like fun. good kills. but FYI, Super Bees don't have clutches. they are all autos.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good kills.

In addition to the superbee having an auto, mustangs can sound mean with just an exhaust. Especiallly the modular ones and those have at least two cams if not four.

Nice to hear you kept her a sleeper. Those are always the best. Nice freaking numbers too.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks man. As far as the Mustangs sound, that's one thing I really love about the SBF, that racey sounding exhaust note. I wish there were some mod I could do to my Chevy to make it sound like that (short of an engine transplant, and don't think I hadn't considered it awhile back )
Old 08-25-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
Thanks man. As far as the Mustangs sound, that's one thing I really love about the SBF, that racey sounding exhaust note. I wish there were some mod I could do to my Chevy to make it sound like that (short of an engine transplant, and don't think I hadn't considered it awhile back )
- that would have been interesting....a 4th gen with a 03/04 cobra motor with Turbo.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Deadly kills. Nice set-up, glad you're healthy now.