Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

got eatin by a civic :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
I built a honda because it is soooo fun to go beat up on 650rwhp V8's and watch the looks on their faces. It is sooo fun to roll to the races, and have no one want to run me except for the truely big dogs.
I race in Vegas every so often. I'm not a big dog but would love to race your Honda when I'm in town next.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
gsr, what trans do you run? You do alot of high speed runs correct? Wouldn't the gsr trans be to shortly geared for that? And I don't even want to know how much your built engine was..lol. What is your current power level? I havn't seen your posts or videos in a long *** time.
There's a lot of factors that determine top speed. The principle reasons my car can reach 200+ with a stock gsr tranny is my 26 inch tires on the front.... and my shift point being 9500rpm. My current power level is 0 because my fully built engine is sitting in my garage along with my car. I'm going to put my car back together in the next week or so. With my small turbo on she should make between 600 and 700whp. With my 42r with custom specks..... who knows.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TT632
I race in Vegas every so often. I'm not a big dog but would love to race your Honda when I'm in town next.
I'm not trying to talk ****.... but if the hp level you have in your sig is correct, it won't be much of a race. I beat a 600+rwhp lingenfelter C6 and I know that car weighs a whole lot less than yours, and has 150 more whp. I'll run you though. We only run for fun, so there'd be no harm in running me. Hit me up when you're coming out here next. I should have my car running by then.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Well a Vette to a Civic is no argument... the Corvette is a nicer more well-balanced car; a true sports car. I'd take even an LT4 C4 Vette over my car. Supra vs. F-body though? And the "support America" thing is null and void with both cars, since neither has been made for atleast half a decade.
I've never been a fan of the Supras looks. I'd still take my car over a 700 HP supra. We both run 12's and I sound better
Old 09-05-2008, 06:10 AM
11 Second Club

This is a fine argument, but you have to remember that most of these civic owners are kids who couldn't afford a corvette in their wildest dreams. You can get a civic for 1500 bucks, then slowly put 15 grand into it and you have a 10 sec beast.
They could do the same thing with a 5.0 Mustang and have a nicer looking/sounding/hooking car.

There are very few people like me. I could have built any car that I wanted. I built a honda because it is soooo fun to go beat up on 650rwhp V8's and watch the looks on their faces. It is sooo fun to roll to the races, and have no one want to run me except for the truely big dogs. The TT vipers and big turbo supras. I am definitely not ashamed to drive my car, but if I was I'd just hop in my escalade or my bimmer.
Personally, I love drag racing on quarter mile tracks. It is soooo fun to go beat up on manual domestics and imports with more power then me. I love the look on thier faces after I cross the finish line first even though I trap less then they do (considerably less in some cases).
Old 09-05-2008, 06:20 PM
***Repost Police***

Some people don't like fox bodies. They buy a car that they like, and go from there.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Some people don't like fox bodies. They buy a car that they like, and go from there.
Absolutely. Hence all the ls1 fbodies here at ls1tech.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Staging Lane

dont get me wrong ive seen A LOT of fox bodes.... TOO MUCH ... but there has been a few of them with the wonderful 350 chevrolet in it and they would just clean the track.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:52 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by palmersz28
dont get me wrong ive seen A LOT of fox bodes.... TOO MUCH ... but there has been a few of them with the wonderful 350 chevrolet in it and they would just clean the track.
I hope youre not implying that the Ford powered Foxes are no match for the GM powered ones
Old 09-06-2008, 03:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by palmersz28

Down at our local 1/8th mile track when I lived in miami it was an ls1 foxbody that held the track record.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

im not implying anything but the fact that there are fox bodies around the savannah area that have 350's in them that will and have smoked FORD powered fox bodies im sure theres a couple out there "someones always faster" that will smoke them but the point i was tryin to make was that .....ford sucks! lol

Old 09-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ltnNlC9Hk

HERES THE VIDEO!

ok this idiot says bolt ons and nitrous ( i have stock car beside the slp cat back and i DID NOT SPRAY) i think i did pretty good considering he has more money under the hood than i bought my car for

Quick Reply: got eatin by a civic :(