Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stalled LS1 Camaro vs LS6 WS6 M6 TA

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 12:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalled LS1 Camaro vs LS6 WS6 M6 TA

Well my buddy just got his car tuned last weekend and I just picked up a new car, so we decided to test them out tonight.

My car-
2000 Z28 A4
Performabuilt lvl 2 w/ Yank PT 4000
3.73s
LS6 intake with ported TB
MTI lid
Blowmaster catback
275 street tires
NO TUNE! except for gearing change

His car-
02 WS6 M6
Crate LS6
Fast90/NW90
Hooker longtubes/ory/B&B catback
moser 9/ 3.90s
lid/z06 maf
asp UD pullies
315 street tires
dyno tuned 405rwhp/383rwtq after a rainstorm on a high 80s day

Mine-

His-

First race- 20-110
I couldn't hear the horn over his open cutout (even though the camera guy in the pass seat picked it up, lol. So, he jumped about a half car on me before I hit it as well. It's actually not WS6R6 driving, it's a friend, since he lost his license. He had driven the car for the last 2 months or so, so he's fairly used to it, but not near perfect. I had about a half on him and we let off

Second race- 20-125
I am manually shifting my car since it's not tuned for the stall, it gets up to speed/rpm so quick it shifts early. I wasn't paying attention and hit the limiter from 2nd to 3rd and that's where he gains all at once. The driver of his car was doing much better this run also, and he had a simultaneous launch. I let off at the end and he had about a car or a little more on me.

It would have been a little worse for me if he was actually driving the car since he's more experienced with it. Overall I thought they were great races. His car def has more hp than mine (obviously) and if we would have kept going he would have pulled some more.

It was my first good race with the car. I have convinced SEVERAL people it's a v6 with a catback and a couple have believed it so far.. but no takers on races. I'm in to subtle, sleeper like cars and he's in to loud and mean looking, lol.

I have a lot of parts on order so I'm hoping soon my car will be far from the stockish condition it's in. Nittos and linelock should be here tomorrow so I can actually get some use out of the stall instead of going from rolls against m6 cars. Also ordered a billet grille, some vintage z28 emblems im going to use, and some misc interior/appearance mods. It should look nice pretty soon.

And next week I will probably order lts/ory/tune to get the car going a little better. Then as soon as I sell my 2000 Sonoma ZQ8 or my 06 GSXR 600 I will be doing a cam swap. I have them listed on here if anyone is interested

I've been out of a performance car for the last couple months, and just picked this up Saturday. Can't wait to do some more tinkering on it . We're going to the track next weekend (5th) so we'll see what happens. His car definitly looks good and runs great and will for sure out-mph mine, but I hope we have similar times when I can launch off of the stall on nittos.

Well sorry for the long post, hope you enjoy the vids! I can honestly say I was expecting him to walk me good. With him driving, he should have ran a bit better.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:47 AM
Launching!

Nice races. The guy needs to work a bit on his shifting, but it made for a close race. Now mod yours and rematch!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:53 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah it's true, the first race he was really bad. He did pretty good the second race except for one gear.

If the owner of the car were driving he would have pulled a bit more for sure, but without a license (too many tickets) he didn't want to chance it.

He gets his license back in a month though

The stall makes a huge difference I'd like to add. I can foot brake it up to 3500+ on street tires, so with radials I can't wait to see how this thing hooks up. It has some suspension, but I will def need some more.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good runs but that friend def needs the driver mod lol but all in all good runs
Old 08-28-2008, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

Put the radials on today.. wow what a difference. Foot braking it up to 2500 it spins through most of first and gets a nice chirp in to second. I have them at about 24psi.. if I still can't hook on the track I may lower them a little more.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Correction* I don't have a license because of a wheelie on the ol' bike!! lol. But I will be getting an adj. torque arm for the pinion angle for the 9'' because it is all kinds of messed up and also will be getting some radials on the old wheels!! Flash and I will definitely have a rematch posted when I get the license in 2 weeks and he gets the headers!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

to the owner of the black ws6..do not let your buddy race your car again lol. He should have raped the camaro with no tune with the mods you have..
Old 09-11-2008, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

he done alright...prolly didn't won't to hurt the owner's car...I hope
Old 09-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Banned

how was the race so close? i no the driver of the ws6 couldnt shift, and he was spinning but still should he have put a few cars on him? a stall helps that much?
Old 09-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jiggaboo
how was the race so close? i no the driver of the ws6 couldnt shift, and he was spinning but still should he have put a few cars on him? a stall helps that much?
stall doubter.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No the driver is just aweful..........sorry.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Banned

not a doubter just didnt no it could make a bolt camaro beat an ls6 ws6