Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SC Viper Vs. Supra Vs. TT GTO Vs. Turbo Integra

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsrhunter
Didn't I make a rule earlier that only people whose cars are faster than mine with me pushing it can talk crap to me? My engine bay is empty and I can spank you. J/K man. Seriously, what the hell are you talking about?
i swear you were the one who said you pulled a car that traps 148mph. Maybe i am wrong.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Okay fare enough. Show me one time where I have bashed your car? Nothing like clouding the issues. I made a statement of fact that some dude was playing Tarzan of your *********. You then felt the need to go after me. Personal attacks. Your statements are full of them.
That was the problem. I expect my car to get bashed. Not me!!! I don't really feel like going back and reading all the posts, but if you never made personal attacks against me, then I'm the *** and I sincerily apologize to you. If I remember correctly all I did was stated a case as to why he wasn't a nutswinger. If you did make personal attacks, then everything I've said stands as stated. LOL
Old 09-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 180ls1
i swear you were the one who said you pulled a car that traps 148mph. Maybe i am wrong.
Yeah that probably was me. I have to go look at his timeslip. I know it was in the 140's. We never raced though. He has a teg too. With the exact same set up.... done by the same people.... at the same boost. His car made 656whp, but he won't do high speed rolls. My car was only street tuned because I refuse to pay for dyno time when my friend basically gives it to me. His shop was backed up at the time though. Bottom line is I'm sure my car was making somewhere close to that. I have dual fuel pumps, he only had a single so his tune was a little more aggressive than mine, because he was out of fuel. Which is another reason he didn't do high speed rolls.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 180ls1
I've only found a 141.11, but I know he's gone faster than that.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:00 AM
TECH Addict

LOL This thread fails? So you have a car that could come close to hanging with any of the cars in this vid? You Idiots crack me up. Talk crap about stuff you know will never happen!!! Why in the hell would I go to Texas...... and where in Texas? The state is fricken huge. Now there's a reason to come where I live. Its Vegas baby. So bring your shitbox and I'll drag your *** down the 215!!!!! LMAO
Yes, this thread fails. Why would you come to Texas? Don't know, don't care. San Antonio, Texas. I never told you to bring it here all I said was if you're ever here I'd drive to Dallas Houston El Paso whatever.
if you really think your car will really "drag my ***" then okay I'll let you just think that
Old 09-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Yes, this thread fails. Why would you come to Texas? Don't know, don't care. San Antonio, Texas. I never told you to bring it here all I said was if you're ever here I'd drive to Dallas Houston El Paso whatever.
if you really think your car will really "drag my ***" then okay I'll let you just think that
Wow.... a thread where all the cars I'm racing have nearly 700RWHP, and I somehow failed. You have high standards dude. Go watch vids of John Force. Maybe then you'll be impressed. My parts are being taken to another shop today. My car will be up soon. If it makes anywhere near what it made before, you will need about 650RWHP to even keep up. If not, then yes I will drag your ***!!! I hope you are bringing a friends car or something, because the power in both of your cars put together, wouldn't be enough!!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

LOL Ummmmm.........yes it would.^^^^^^^^^^^^ He isn't just talking ****. He would probably give me a run.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Teching In

LOL Ummmmm.........yes it would.^^^^^^^^^^^^ He isn't just talking ****. He would probably give me a run.
Wow sweet. He has an impressive lineup of cars. A cobra, a M3, and a secret anihilator that he keeps hidden in the garage. I guess I'll just have to wait till I win the lottery and send a C6 Z06 to lingenfelter to play with him. I still don't see how this is a fail, but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Wow sweet. He has an impressive lineup of cars. A cobra, a M3, and a secret anihilator that he keeps hidden in the garage. I guess I'll just have to wait till I win the lottery and send a C6 Z06 to lingenfelter to play with him. I still don't see how this is a fail, but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.
The Cobra will have plenty more than 650rwhp blower only by the time your 4 banger will be back up
edit- now that I think about it, my blower has more displacement than your engine

Last edited by Sarge_13; 09-11-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Well...I am talkin ****.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Well...I am talkin ****.
Talking **** is cool and all, but doesn't it suck to know that my car will make more power than yours with 4 less cylinders and no displacement as you say. Oh no it only makes 450 ft #'s of torque..... well when your car only weighs 2600 pounds who needs torque. I bet in a high speed roll I'd give you a run for your money. I can make enough power to beat you, I just couldn't get it to the ground. The price I pay for building on a bad platform.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

The final dyno numbers are impressive, but it sure takes a long time to get up there. It is a nice sleeper car. Definitely an interesting platform. a lot of races all depend on driver. I for one am not perfect and since I have grown up and matured, street racing is out of my system. But to each his own. The track is the only place to take it to now a days. Here in Florida if you are even around when a street race that is taking place they can take your car and give you a $500 ticket just for watching. No doubt the car is fast but this is the first I have heard on it and I am not a stranger to speed.What are you expecting to get out of it when you finish the build? I have helped a few people build hatch's with hybrid T3/4 and they scoot. good luck with the build.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1FST99Z
The final dyno numbers are impressive, but it sure takes a long time to get up there. It is a nice sleeper car. Definitely an interesting platform. a lot of races all depend on driver. I for one am not perfect and since I have grown up and matured, street racing is out of my system. But to each his own. The track is the only place to take it to now a days. Here in Florida if you are even around when a street race that is taking place they can take your car and give you a $500 ticket just for watching. No doubt the car is fast but this is the first I have heard on it and I am not a stranger to speed.What are you expecting to get out of it when you finish the build? I have helped a few people build hatch's with hybrid T3/4 and they scoot. good luck with the build.
Wow.... LMAO I think I need to make some clarifications. My car was a legend here in Vegas. My car isn't beer wagon status nationwide!!! LOL As for my dyno numbers, you have to realize, our cars are nothing like yours. My car revs to 10500rpm it makes power to 9500rpm which is where I shift. My tuner is very conservative, which is why my car was the only high hp honda that held together at the high speed rolls. That was probably more like a 630whp pull, but he let off early. You can see my car is still making power when he lets off at only 8000. I'm hoping it makes the same power as it made before.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol, ricers.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Semper91-RS
lol, ricers.
LOL, Idiots!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow.... LMAO I think I need to make some clarifications. My car was a legend here in Vegas. My car isn't beer wagon status nationwide!!! LOL As for my dyno numbers, you have to realize, our cars are nothing like yours. My car revs to 10500rpm it makes power to 9500rpm which is where I shift. My tuner is very conservative, which is why my car was the only high hp honda that held together at the high speed rolls. That was probably more like a 630whp pull, but he let off early. You can see my car is still making power when he lets off at only 8000. I'm hoping it makes the same power as it made before.
I just figured they ran out of room on the screen. it is like the energizer bunny it keeps going and going. that is how I get my cars tuned as well always room for error. those are some crazy RPM's I remember I was into the RX7's for a while and you could rev those crazy high too but just dont miss a shift. haha. well good luck with the new build.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:32 AM
TECH Addict

Talking **** is cool and all, but doesn't it suck to know that my car will make more power than yours with 4 less cylinders and no displacement as you say. Oh no it only makes 450 ft #'s of torque..... well when your car only weighs 2600 pounds who needs torque. I bet in a high speed roll I'd give you a run for your money. I can make enough power to beat you, I just couldn't get it to the ground. The price I pay for building on a bad platform.
No, actually. I actually understand where you're coming from because I had a basic bolt-on GTi which comes with a turbo from the factory (although ridiculously small) so I know how hard it is to get power out of a 4 cylinder. You're right it would probably be a good run up top for both of us. These 4v motors have a badass top end.

Mad props though for the huge amount of power you've gotten out of it. Any details on the setup?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1FST99Z
I just figured they ran out of room on the screen. it is like the energizer bunny it keeps going and going. that is how I get my cars tuned as well always room for error. those are some crazy RPM's I remember I was into the RX7's for a while and you could rev those crazy high too but just dont miss a shift. haha. well good luck with the new build.
Thats why I shift at 9500. That and I'm not sure if my car is still making power after that..... but the guy who built my head swears it will take 11000. I told him to put his money where his mouth is. If I miss a shift, I need some room for error. LOL If I miss a shift that high a valve is taking out my whole motor. So I told him if he's willing to replace it. I'll try it. Of course he wasn't!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Teching In

No, actually. I actually understand where you're coming from because I had a basic bolt-on GTi which comes with a turbo from the factory (although ridiculously small) so I know how hard it is to get power out of a 4 cylinder. You're right it would probably be a good run up top for both of us. These 4v motors have a badass top end.

Mad props though for the huge amount of power you've gotten out of it. Any details on the setup?
That page has my set up on it.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Acura-Integ...lip-10796.html

A few things have changed, but for the most part, its correct. Before you tell me how much I suck, know that 11.4 @ 130 was done on low boost. Only around 500whp. I know I suck...... but not that bad!!!! Thanks for the compliment, but there are people pulling nearly 1000whp out of these. Just a much bigger turbo, and some nitrous to spool it. The power is useless on the street though. My car is at the limit of FWD street performance. Then I will have to be like them and make a full drag car, with a huge turbo. My car is already set up for a big turbo. I had my fabricator build my turbo manifold to accomodate one. All I have to do is redo my intercoller piping on the hot side.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

That page has my set up on it.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Acura-Integ...lip-10796.html

A few things have changed, but for the most part, its correct. Before you tell me how much I suck, know that 11.4 @ 130 was done on low boost. Only around 500whp. I know I suck...... but not that bad!!!! Thanks for the compliment, but there are people pulling nearly 1000whp out of these. Just a much bigger turbo, and some nitrous to spool it. The power is useless on the street though. My car is at the limit of FWD street performance. Then I will have to be like them and make a full drag car, with a huge turbo. My car is already set up for a big turbo. I had my fabricator build my turbo manifold to accomodate one. All I have to do is redo my intercoller piping on the hot side.
500whp must be a bitch to launch. What kind of 60' did you pull on what kind of tires? With 512rwhp I pulled a 11.2 at 125 letting off a little early