Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Murdered a cocky STR8 charger!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 05:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reocamaro
I get pissed off just hearing about "cocky SRT" owners. I own an SRT and love the way the car drives. It's got enough power to make me feel like it's not going to get its *** handed to it by a minivan. I try not to race too much because I don't want to find out what this car can and cannot lose to. I know for one that I have lost to a (hopefully modded) 350z in a roll race. That being said, however, every SRT I've seen on the road, that the driver and I have made eye contact, has exchanged a friendly head nod or wave. When I owned the z28, no ls1 drivers would ever wave (unless I knew them from a forum or a hangout), they just wanted to race. It's a shame people aren't classified as ******** because they're ********. They're classified by the car they drive.
I haven't ever classified anyone for what they drive just how they act.. I don't really egg on a race with anyone unless it's some sort of really fast car like a ZO6 or a 911 turbo Porsch.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by reocamaro
I know for one that I have lost to a (hopefully modded) 350z in a roll race.
Oh wow. Either you were in the dead spot of your powerband against an '07+ or it was supercharged, at a minimum.

I would say the later. Otherwise a Z has no chance in hell.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by odarabla
He pulls up next to me and asked how fast my car was. I said it'll top out at around 135mph. He then had this little smile on his face and said dude I'll smoke your ***.
Ah yes that part reminds of good ole playground arguements about how fast a car could go, but no one could ever seem to grasp the concept of "how fast can it go in a 1/8 or 1/4."

Good kill
Old 10-10-2008, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach

First to OP nice kill. I am jealous I only get to drive mine a few times a month and never see anything that wants to run.

Thats a nice looking Mach-1. Thanks for posting some pics I have seen a few on the net but have never seen one in person. Great looking Mach-1 aswell. I still prefer GM .
Old 10-10-2008, 07:16 PM
10 Second Club

That is a very nice Mach-1 he's got and would love to line up with him for a run!! CHEERS!!
Old 10-11-2008, 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SlayerMaro
LOL I bet he's one of those people who judges how fast a car is by looking at how high the speedometer goes.

Nice kill.
lmao this girl i took out a few weeks ago had the nerve to say her moms 300c with the 5.7 hemi was faster then my car because the speedometer goes higher then mine. needless to say i punched it for her at about 60 and it scared the crap out of her . To the op nice kill, i to have ran into a few hemis that tried to race me, i guess they dont know what a cam sounds like
Old 10-30-2008, 12:13 AM
10 Second Club

Well went a new best time at the track tonight guys.. 10.99@122mph. Here's the link go in and watch the video to.. Hope you enjoy!!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/10-second-club/1010410-title-change-please-10-99-122mph.html

Quick Reply: Murdered a cocky STR8 charger!! :)