Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Pullied Cobra vs. Sprayed TA.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah sorry guys. I am so sick of this spray. we tried racing a few weeks ago and the spray didn't work. I have sprayed it about five times since then, including on thurs. now we meet up and it dosen't work.

however I think I figured it out. I have been letting the pressure build to 1100. my spray started working at 1070 on the way home after the race. so i think it dosen't like the pressure.

sorry about the hype, but we will get it done.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:00 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by rocksws6
I love how everbody thinks the Cobra's are these "big fat pigs" They weigh a whopping 150 lbs more. Wow!!! That's just a huge difference isn't it? I agree that the T/A is probably going to win I wouldn't dispute that but don't kid yourselfs, Cobra's are not pigs. Hell throw your girlfriend in the passenger seat and your weight advantage is gone.
Most guys know this, few still think they are heavyweights. Just wait until the 3900lb Camaro comes out weighing 300lbs more than an 03/04 Cobra.

When are you going to throw a live axle in yours? Im sure you know it will save 112-120lbs.

Lets actually see this race soon. I think it will be very close with edge going to T/A with the N20 due to the tq and this is if the Cobra driver can row ofcourse. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Hahhaha mine blew up to!!!!!!
does that mean u are giving me 9 grand.j/k keep trying and whoop his ***
Old 09-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Most guys know this, few still think they are heavyweights. Just wait until the 3900lb Camaro comes out weighing 300lbs more than an 03/04 Cobra.

When are you going to throw a live axle in yours? Im sure you know it will save 112-120lbs.

Lets actually see this race soon. I think it will be very close with edge going to T/A with the N20 due to the tq and this is if the Cobra driver can row ofcourse. Good luck.
I make 485 tq he makes 471.....yes I can drive. As for the live axle that will be my last priority the IRS hooks on the street. I agree I will lose from a roll....but not from a dig. he trapped 117 and I trapped 118 in hot air and now its in the 50's at night and we all now how well the heatons like cold air so we will see.......I dont think my driving wil make up the wight diff. as he is a great driver also.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2

You know I keep going back and forth on it. Everybody says that a live axle is only better at drag racing so if its driven primarily on the street then just keep the IRS. Well its a street car that may see the strip once a month. But sometimes it seems that the IRS is more trouble then its worth and then they're still weak. I don't know what to do.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Teching In

You know I keep going back and forth on it. Everybody says that a live axle is only better at drag racing so if its driven primarily on the street then just keep the IRS. Well its a street car that may see the strip once a month. But sometimes it seems that the IRS is more trouble then its worth and then they're still weak. I don't know what to do.
keep the IRS....I pulled a 1.70 60' at the track and I think i could get mid 1.60's....not bad for a lowered car on DR's
Old 09-27-2008, 02:53 PM

Ditch it and save 100+ lbs and be able to launch at 4K without the slightest worry of getting hit for a $1,500 Level 5. You will only regret not doing it sooner. I did it right after my ported eaton and it was amazing, should have done it first. My KB @ 21lbs would have snapped the IRS, no question.

keep the IRS....I pulled a 1.70 60' at the track and I think i could get mid 1.60's....not bad for a lowered car on DR's
They both hook fine but saving 100+ lbs and having a much tighter rear (no clunk between shifts) with NO worries of failure is worh its weight in gold. Its only a matter of time before the IRS breaks at the track.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Teching In

I know its better...and i know it saves weight....so if I had extra money which i dont i would do it but for the street the IRS hooks better than IRS unless you have a serious tire I have MT's. My springs are cut so it doesnt really wheel hop which is good.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

the irs is only weak if it hops. one of the guys outa Dez racing just went 10.20 @ 138 with a 1.50 60ft on a completely stock irs (not even a brace). the car is also 100% full weight. the car has well over 200+ passes on the stock irs. soft sidewall tires save the irs a ton. that cobra was on 16" hoosier qt pros.
this video alone makes me question going to an sra. i havnt made up my mind yet. (this is not the car i was talking about but very impressive)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7LTtfqlTzE
Old 09-27-2008, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
the irs is only weak if it hops. one of the guys outa Dez racing just went 10.20 @ 138 with a 1.50 60ft on a completely stock irs (not even a brace). the car is also 100% full weight. the car has well over 200+ passes on the stock irs. soft sidewall tires save the irs a ton. that cobra was on 16" hoosier qt pros.
this video alone makes me question going to an sra. i havnt made up my mind yet. (this is not the car i was talking about but very impressive)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7LTtfqlTzE
We have totally jacked this thread.

Sorry op. The IRS is fine if you eliminate the wheel hop (though not as strong as the live axle) but the main reason to ditch it is to save over 100+ lbs and not to mention the tighter feel from the live axle. I wish I could just remove a 100+ lbs from my C6. I should slap a live axle into the C6
Old 09-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Oh I know my car is a pig and every single pound matters....if I had the money I might change it....but for now it works fine and hooks and doesnt wheel hop. I didnt even buy this car cuz it was fast it is just clean as hell and looks damn good!!! It just happens to run decent.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

Wait a minute how is 3600lbs not a piggy? Just because the new cars coming out are fat asses doesn't mean 3600lbs is now considered "light".

3300lbs is workable. Its like a 400 crank horse car comes out and it "only" weighs 4500lbs 2 years from now and people will be like oh its not heavy its just normal car weight.

Cars have been getting heavier for years, just because the majority is getting heavier doesn't mean its still not heavy...
Old 09-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Exzactly my car is a tank!!!! If I was all about speed I would have got a Notch and put an 03 Cobra Motor in with a KB and spray....2900-3000 pounds wit 750rwhp would be fun.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Banned

I agree that I am gonna lose but arent u the moron that was always cracking on my Mach as I walked all of the full bolt on H/C LS-1's??? I showed u vid after vid and people posted left and right giving me credit. BTW- The 3 races I showed u of my Mach beating my bros TA from a 40 roll and u said u didnt believe he trapped 110 well he went 12.80 at 111mph......o well i know my car is a tank but it looks damn good and has great potential u win some and you lose some.
Umm I dont remember that, I dont even post here anymore because there are nothing but Mustang nuthuggers here. I dont hate mustangs, I just think its stupid how loved they are here...
Old 09-27-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by InEEdSPEED
Wait a minute how is 3600lbs not a piggy? Just because the new cars coming out are fat asses doesn't mean 3600lbs is now considered "light".

3300lbs is workable. Its like a 400 crank horse car comes out and it "only" weighs 4500lbs 2 years from now and people will be like oh its not heavy its just normal car weight.

Cars have been getting heavier for years, just because the majority is getting heavier doesn't mean its still not heavy...
I didn't say 3600 lbs is light but its not that much more than the F-body was my point. But just for the record I don't consider 3600 lbs a heavy car. That's just me.
Originally Posted by capn smokey
Umm I dont remember that, I dont even post here anymore because there are nothing but Mustang nuthuggers here. I dont hate mustangs, I just think its stupid how loved they are here...
It has nothing to do with nut hugging. Its got to do with the fact that it is a nice car and is very comparable to the f-body's. Most of the guys with mustangs on this sight (including me) have owned a GM car at one point as well. Its a forum where people can talk to each other about cars. Who cares what cars they prefer.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Banned

It has nothing to do with nut hugging. Its got to do with the fact that it is a nice car and is very comparable to the f-body's. Most of the guys with mustangs on this sight (including me) have owned a GM car at one point as well. Its a forum where people can talk to each other about cars. Who cares what cars they prefer.
I understand your argument, but its getting ridiculous and this section was different before the stang drivers invaded. I dont want to start this argument because its apparent I will lose because everyone here is a mustang owner. BTW I have also owned Ford products and I had a mustang too, I just would like to be able to come here and see unbiased opinions.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Svtperformance is loaded with F-Body owners but I like it. It gives people something to talk about I love both cars I drive both cars every day (read my sig)....I just love nice cars and my favorite happen to be F-Bodys and Mustangs....and yes both cars are just very comparable in performance.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

Why is it that cars are getting heavier? Can't the manufacturers make cars "light" and still do the same stuff? Everything's getting more power but what does that matter when everything gets heavier at the same time???
Old 09-28-2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by RyderTA
Why is it that cars are getting heavier? Can't the manufacturers make cars "light" and still do the same stuff? Everything's getting more power but what does that matter when everything gets heavier at the same time???
Safety, airbags, techno-gizmos and comfort = weight.

I cant believe the Camaro will weigh 3900lbs.

Get real guys, everyone is welcome here as long as they contribute and act right. Smokey, you dont even own an LSX. I am a Cobra/Mustang/C6/IROC/SRT8 lover and know enough about each to help contribute. We have the best site IMHO and everyone is welcome until they act up.

Last edited by JayplaySS; 09-28-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Teching In

I agree I love this site....I like SVT also but over there the Cobra is unbeatable and I know someithimes over here you will get that with LSX cars but thats going to be on any site.