Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Pullied Cobra vs. Sprayed TA.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008 | 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by chavez885
A forged block and t-56?

I got nothing but love for the mach 1, most don't respect them, i do. You suck.
I was comparing Cory's mach to his current Cobra. ALso, unless you've owned both cars....your opinion doesn't hold much experienced weight, like mine does. The T56 and clutch is alot harder to deal with than a machs. Not to mention the mach has better 1-2-3 gears and the solid rear. The cobra simply has a better shortblock. Tis all.
I may suck, but it pays the bills.

Originally Posted by corysmach1
I weigh 220......anyways we just ried a 30 roll and his spray didnt work and my ******* gas pedal broke off!!!! Hahahhahaahaha built ford junk.......but this is the 3rd time we have tried this race and his spray hasnt worked.....i guess were just not meant 2 race eachother.
SOrry to hear it man. Get it all fixed, and go at it again. I'd love to hear about a 'real' race.
Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Safety, airbags, techno-gizmos and comfort = weight.

I cant believe the Camaro will weigh 3900lbs.

Get real guys, everyone is welcome here as long as they contribute and act right. Smokey, you dont even own an LSX. I am a Cobra/Mustang/C6/IROC/SRT8 lover and know enough about each to help contribute. We have the best site IMHO and everyone is welcome until they act up.
Come on Jay...you know ole smokey better than that.
Old 09-28-2008 | 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I was comparing Cory's mach to his current Cobra. ALso, unless you've owned both cars....your opinion doesn't hold much experienced weight, like mine does. The T56 and clutch is alot harder to deal with than a machs. Not to mention the mach has better 1-2-3 gears and the solid rear. The cobra simply has a better shortblock. Tis all.
I may suck, but it pays the bills.

SOrry to hear it man. Get it all fixed, and go at it again. I'd love to hear about a 'real' race.

Come on Jay...you know ole smokey better than that.
hogwash. the t-56 is a much stronger transmission than the tr3650. the IRS is in fact stronger than a stock mach 1 8.8.
a mach 1 is a gt with 4v heads and an aluminum block with a forged crank.
Old 09-28-2008 | 05:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
hogwash. the t-56 is a much stronger transmission than the tr3650. the IRS is in fact stronger than a stock mach 1 8.8.
a mach 1 is a gt with 4v heads and an aluminum block with a forged crank.
I'm not going over this again. Where did I say the 3650 was stronger? I simply said it had better 1-2-3 gear ratios and harder to deal with (IE: heavier clutch which is WORSE for DD WHEN COMPARED to a mach as a DD). Point out otherwise. Where did I say the IRS wasn't stronger being 31 spline over a 28? I said it had a solid rear. The CARRIER is stronger that's all. The 28 splines on a mach won't snap from wheel hop, whereas the half shalfs of the cobras will. Street tires or not. Machs axles snap once you give too much traction. It's funny how many cobra owners have seen wanting to swap rears with Machs over the years. But, Hey que sera sera.

For the millionth time, stop saying it is a gt with cobra heads alum block a forged crank. It is ALOT more than that, and I have proved that to you in the past. It shares more in common with the cobra than it does the GT.

Lastly, I'm tired of people that have never owned a certain car act like they know all about it. DT, I respect you and your knowledge, but you are speaking of something you have less knowledge than I. I have owned two machs AND a Cobra. I think you forget that.
Old 09-28-2008 | 06:29 PM
Launching!

pony pony pony, i get a headache everytime i read a post of yours....
Old 09-28-2008 | 07:35 PM
On The Tree

I'm not going over this again. Where did I say the 3650 was stronger? I simply said it had better 1-2-3 gear ratios and harder to deal with (IE: heavier clutch which is WORSE for DD WHEN COMPARED to a mach as a DD). Point out otherwise. Where did I say the IRS wasn't stronger being 31 spline over a 28? I said it had a solid rear. The CARRIER is stronger that's all. The 28 splines on a mach won't snap from wheel hop, whereas the half shalfs of the cobras will. Street tires or not. Machs axles snap once you give too much traction. It's funny how many cobra owners have seen wanting to swap rears with Machs over the years. But, Hey que sera sera.

For the millionth time, stop saying it is a gt with cobra heads alum block a forged crank. It is ALOT more than that, and I have proved that to you in the past. It shares more in common with the cobra than it does the GT.

Lastly, I'm tired of people that have never owned a certain car act like they know all about it. DT, I respect you and your knowledge, but you are speaking of something you have less knowledge than I. I have owned two machs AND a Cobra. I think you forget that.
think what you would like. the cobra is a better platform for going fast. end of story.
Old 09-29-2008 | 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LT1PwrdZ
pony pony pony, i get a headache everytime i read a post of yours....
Sorry. All the PMs I've received say not everyone feels that way. I state facts of stuff I know about. If I'm not 100% sure I'll state that. I dont' preach about stuff I don't about and if I do, I'll tell you I'm 'fairly sure' or "IIRC".

Some people respect my posts, some don't. It's life. I try to help, but arrogance/ignorance drives me insane somtimes.
Old 09-29-2008 | 01:44 PM
Teching In

They are both sweet cars.....love both of them. The Cobra has great Potential with a forged motor and T-56. I like the IRS some dont. If you are just planing on doing simple things My full bolt on Mach with 4:10's and 150 shot would walk my Cobra....it would walk my Cobra with a port also.....but The Mach also blew up on that setup. lol.....and the Cobra could take a KB with spray thats the difference.
Old 09-29-2008 | 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

They are both sweet cars.....love both of them. The Cobra has great Potential with a forged motor and T-56. I like the IRS some dont. If you are just planing on doing simple things My full bolt on Mach with 4:10's and 150 shot would walk my Cobra....it would walk my Cobra with a port also.....but The Mach also blew up on that setup. lol.....and the Cobra could take a KB with spray thats the difference.
Exactly. Some people just don't understand the potential of the mach, because of the Cobra. The Cobra is God and everything else is crap to some people. It's ok for hte most part. It allows more to under estimate it and get caught off guard.

To each their own. I just get annoyed with ignorant know it alls. I just need to use the rollseyes smiley more often and keep my mouth shut I guess.
Old 09-29-2008 | 02:22 PM
Teching In

I know what you are talking about I loved to race pullied and even ported Cobras in the Mach from there strongest point and destroy them!!! Some of them needed the driver mod but now that I have one they are slower but I love the car and the GO FAST PLATFORM is already setuo and reasy to go. I went through 3 factory trannys and 2 built trannys in 50k miles in the Mach.
Old 09-29-2008 | 03:12 PM
TECH Regular

ok wheres the damn video
Old 09-29-2008 | 03:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know what you are talking about I loved to race pullied and even ported Cobras in the Mach from there strongest point and destroy them!!! Some of them needed the driver mod but now that I have one they are slower but I love the car and the GO FAST PLATFORM is already setuo and reasy to go. I went through 3 factory trannys and 2 built trannys in 50k miles in the Mach.
Yeah, but I know how you drive. I agree that the Cobra having a better 'go fast' platform which is why I mentioned the better short block. Outside of that, it all comes down to personal opinion rather than facts. Even then I think the CR is too low. I'd prefer a built teksid at ~9-9.25:1 CR for a PD setup.
Old 09-29-2008 | 08:09 PM
Village Idiot

To each their own. I just get annoyed with ignorant know it alls.
Well then you must get annoyed with yourself because you are one of them.
Old 09-29-2008 | 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Well then you must get annoyed with yourself because you are one of them.
Says the guy who thought Shelby was a chick and there weren't any new Mach's.

Pony, shut up you noob. You know you don't know anything, especially about Mustangs.
Old 09-29-2008 | 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

TA will win for sure when the N2O starts working
Old 09-29-2008 | 10:27 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Says the guy who thought Shelby was a chick and there weren't any new Mach's.

Pony, shut up you noob. You know you don't know anything, especially about Mustangs.
Sarge, the dudes name is Carol Shelby and I am sure I am not the only one that mistakened that name for a chick.. Secondly, I am a Chevy man by nature and not a Ford man... I don't claim to know everything about Fords like our friend Pony... I also tend not to pay too much attention to all the newer stock Ford cars that I can beat down on a regular basis..Mach's, GT's, and most Cobra's, etc.. Piece of cake 0-60mph... Saleens and GT500's a different story...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-29-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-29-2008 | 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sarge, the dudes name is Carol Shelby and I am sure I am not the only one that mistakened that name for a chick.. Secondly, I am a Chevy man by nature and not a Ford man... I don't claim to know everything about Fords like our friend Pony... I also tend not to pay too much attention to all the newer stock Ford cars that I can beat down on a regular basis..Mach's, GT's, and most Cobra's, etc.. Piece of cake 0-60mph... Saleens and GT500's a different story...
Just thought you should know that "most Cobra's" are faster than "GT500's and Saleens".
And just for clarrification what are you beating these cars down with?
Edit: Just seen your sig. Are those #'s with the spray or without?
Old 09-30-2008 | 10:08 AM
TECH Addict

you don't have to be a "Ford man" to have heard of him and know he's a guy. he's a legend going back for several decades and you'd have to have lived under a rock and never even seen or heard of/read about a Cobra to not know about him.

oh, and btw....his name's not "Carol Shelby", it's "Carroll Shelby"....huge difference for anyone that knows how to read, even at an elementary level. i knew "Carol" Shelby was a guy back in the late 80's when i was around 13 years old and started really developing an interest in cars, before i could even legally drive for crying out loud.....

and this is coming from someone who has never even owned a mustang, and i don't plan on doing so unless i come into a lot of money and can start building up a collection of cars, or i get one for a really good price. or who knows, i may just get one to use as a daily driver one day, so i can go mod-crazy on my camaro without having to worry about rushing the job so i can use it to get to/from work.....
Old 09-30-2008 | 10:16 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, but I know how you drive. I agree that the Cobra having a better 'go fast' platform which is why I mentioned the better short block. Outside of that, it all comes down to personal opinion rather than facts. Even then I think the CR is too low. I'd prefer a built teksid at ~9-9.25:1 CR for a PD setup.
why is the c/r too low. for a p/d blower you dont need compression because it makes instant boost. if it were a centri blower id agree with you.
Old 09-30-2008 | 10:43 AM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by rocksws6
Just thought you should know that "most Cobra's" are faster than "GT500's and Saleens".
And just for clarrification what are you beating these cars down with?
Edit: Just seen your sig. Are those #'s with the spray or without?
That is why I said some Cobra's and not all.... I win races with spray...No spray I lose unless I am racing an automatic mid nineties model stock GT Ford Mustang.. I also raced a GT40 Mustang last year and got spanked.

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-30-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-30-2008 | 10:45 AM
On The Tree

4 pages and no race yet. No bueno. Edit the title (if you can) when you get the video so I know when to come back.