Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GTR R35 vs C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Village Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My biggest enemy Manalishi, chimming in again just at the right time as you see fit. A real man, or sheep I should say..... Try to be original just for once.. People, Manalishi is one of those Ford Mustang owners I was talkng about, where is your Mustang side kick pony65? You usually don't come out of the closet without him at your side, very brave of you...

Atleast they are laughing... I can see a few are enjoying themselves jumping on the Jibbby bash wagon and having fun at my expense, enjoy but be advised I may fire back!.... I can take it though so bring it!!!! Dudes, I am a Chevy owner, I have a limited high school education just like you, I live in trailer park with 6 kids and smoke meth, I drink a case of budweiser and beat on my wife daily, oh, and I must say I really enjoy my pig roasts and tractor pulls on weekends....Are we all that different?? Like Rodney King said "can't we all just get along" just before he got beat down?

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-07-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by 05CherryGXP
I'm pretty sure Jibby is some of sort of troll basically ******* with us. He shows up to act retarded in a few threads and act stupid.
I am not a troll, maybe a hobbit but not a stinky little troll beast...Not ******* with anyone, just posting and replying like everyone else... Not cool, Come on now!!

Bust out the popcorn and candy boys and girls it's on now!!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
You claimed a GTR could pull the front wheels. I want proof.

Well, I want Cindy Crawford in her prime and a toilet made out of solid gold, but it's just not in the cards... Can't find the video sorry but it does exist...Try watching the one I provided in the link before posting...The video and write up proves alot of my claims...Read and just don't look at the pictures if you can, it starts by saying the GTR goes 0-60mph in 3.3 seconds, etc, etc..... You know - fundemantal reading like See spot run, see spot bark, see spot get hit by car while running across the street....
Old 10-07-2008, 12:36 PM

Damn, this thread got real funny! Jibby, honestly, you're making yourself look like a moron. Some friendly advice, just stop (unless you're a troll ******* with us, in that case keep it up, good job!).
Old 10-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Village Idiot

See you found this thread funny that's good, atleast I am creating humor if I can't get my points across with the GTR...Dude relax on the troll comments, atleast call me an Ogre or something else.. I can live with being Shrek but a troll come on....

Really, Not ******* with anyone just responding to the all garbage replies and trying to save face if that's even possible which I think at this point it is not.... You kids are ruthless little bastards but I am still battling and in the fight..

Hey, If I look like a moron so be it, I've been called worse..... My girlfriend calls me that all the time and I call her a fat pig but we still love each other.. Go figure?

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-07-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
My biggest enemy Manalishi, chimming in again just at the right time as you see fit. A real man, or sheep I should say..... Try to be original just for once.. People, Manalishi is one of those Ford Mustang owners I was talkng about, where is your Mustang side kick pony65? You usually don't come out of the closet without him at your side, very brave of you...

Atleast they are laughing... I can see a few are enjoying themselves jumping on the Jibbby bash wagon and having fun at my expense, enjoy but I may fire back!.... I can take it though so bring it!!!! Dudes, I am a Chevy owner, I have a limited high school education just like you, I live in trailer park with 6 kids and smoke meth, I drink a case of budweiser and beat on my wife daily, oh, and I must say I really enjoy my pig roasts and tractor pulls on weekends....Are we all that different?? Like Rodney King said "can't we all just get along" just before he got beat down?
Sorry to bust your bubble but I don't have a Mustang in fact I've only owned one Ford in my life, a F250. I have owned and modded several F-Bodies though as well as Vette's, Chevelle's, BMW's and a couple of 60's Volkswagons. Edit: A couple of Dodges too. The rest of your post sounds like you may have some issues to work through. Good luck with that.

Last edited by The Manalishi; 10-07-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by k-mart
He'd have to be lacking feet to screw up a launch in those cars......
Just uploaded this...happened a few weeks ago at a pretty good track.

i luled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Lxi7_bWjs
Old 10-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Launching!

im pretty sure the gtr is no were near the c6z06....as well it's ugly and heavy...what was the point nissan????that engine in a real 3400 pound spors car would have been killer..what were you competing against???sti's..evo??????? No one is gonna go buy a gtr over a z06 or viper...or porshe TT for that matter....I just really dont see who nissan was marketing this car to a ugly 4000 pound car with a back seat that trapps around 116 mph...Oh wait. i got it..they were trying to compete with the GT500
Old 10-07-2008, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

The video and write up proves alot of my claims...Read and just don't look at the pictures if you can, it starts by saying the GTR goes 0-60mph in 3.3 seconds, etc, etc..... You know - fundemantal reading like See spot run, see spot bark, see spot get hit by car while running across the street....
I don't even know what the Z06 or viper do 0-60.. it doesn't mean a whole lot to me anyway. I watched the first minute of the video without the sound and all I saw was a GTR by itself. I didn't see a Z06. If I gave a **** about the GTR I'd read further. I'm at LS1tech for a reason, because I have an LS1. You're claiming the GTR performs better than an LSX vehicle and all you have is some stupid video of a GTR driving around cones. I'm not gonna waste my time researching the GTR that thoroughly. The burden of proof is on you.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

For those who aren't familiar with the GTR, it is far from a slouch. Nissan did one hell of a job with this car and could very easily take business away from the American and German "Supercars." You have to realize some may be more interested in the driveability and comfort of the GTR along with amazing perforance, which rivals that of the C6Z, Viper, and 911 Turbo. Grant it, the GTR numbers don't add up, but the magazine comparisons are giving it quite a bit of credit. Me? I'll be sticking to the Z06, but to each their own.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Way to represent man, even in less than optimum conditions, you def. have my props for that. I can't wait to run into one of these on the street and line it out...def one of the most over-rated/priced 'supercars' of the decade. About as super as the Dodge Challenger
Old 10-07-2008, 03:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Sorry to bust your bubble but I don't have a Mustang in fact I've only owned one Ford in my life, a F250. I have owned and modded several F-Bodies though as well as Vette's, Chevelle's, BMW's and a couple of 60's Volkswagons. Edit: A couple of Dodges too. The rest of your post sounds like you may have some issues to work through. Good luck with that.

Wow... jibby. Another troll? Do i smell 25psi? HAHAH what a clutz
Old 10-07-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RUTH'LESSDET
Your z06 if im correct is lighter and has more horsepower (505hp) RWD to the GTR's 480hp AWD...I would think your car should be a little faster than it while rolling. than the GTR so he shouldn't be able to to pull away from you BUT!!!! if he turns up boost your a RAP!!!!!!!!! from the dig, rolling, upstair anywhere....

I would love to see this race on video hint hint next time you guys meet up.... From the dig, rolling , and 60mph or 3rd gear highway run.....
I hate people that say this like this... OK... sure turn up the boost. Then lets cam the z06, or maybe even port the heads/intake... or even better maybe get some tires. THATS A RAP FOR YOUR GTR
Old 10-07-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewayz28

Wow... jibby. Another troll? Do i smell 25psi? HAHAH what a clutz
Nah Jibby isn't 25 psi. But on a side note 25psi is back with his original screen name.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Junkie

LOL grreeeaaat
Old 10-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Village Idiot

I post links so you guys can read them, and the last link I posted defined the GTR to a tee..... You post with questions and remarks when all the info. is right there...

The GTR Facts - The new GTR is faster then the new ZO6, Viper and 911 turbo Porsche 0-60mph and stock for stock the Z06 will lose the race unfortunately.....The GTR does 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds even though the stats say 3.3 seconds.. It is AWD and has launch control features where you have to hold the brake and release to get a perfect grippy launch... It is ugly as hell, it is a import Nissan that sells for around 100 grand and it hauls *** over all our favorite domestic fast rides... Nissan made a monster simply said, end of story... Love it or hate it but the facts remain it is fast as hell...

Sidewayz - you suck *** and what rock did you crawl out from under because I've never seen you before. Jumping on the bash wagon I see and looking for attention?.... Good for you squidly....What the hell is 25psi anyway? I run Nitrous and not boost.....

Miniweenie, it looks like you found another sidekick in Sidewayz congrats - So you say you don't own a Ford, Damn!!! Well you should own a bright red shinny Ford Mustang GT 90's model because it suits you just right, but since you own a Chevy now I really dislike you...

Is that the best you two fruit cups can do? Pathetic and weak I'm out.....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-07-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

Who gives a **** about 0-60?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Not only launch control but AWD too... They grip and haul, infact I have seen one where the front end was almost lifting off the ground when excellerating at about 50mph when shifting gears.. You could just tell they pull really hard...
I'm not trying to start trouble with you, but like everyone else is saying this was not a stock GTR.
Ignoring the physics of power to weight and focusing on the suspension alone, the GTR shouldn't have hardly any body lift, or movement when accelerating. This car was designed for handling first, and if its "pulling the front wheels", its not going to turn.
Take a look at this video, watch how controlled the body movement is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDoJdQXmwu8
With taut suspension like this, even a modded GTR isn't going to be experiencing much lift, as it shouldn't be because its designed not to.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I post links so you guys can read them, and the last link I posted defined the GTR to a tee..... You post with questions and remarks when all the info. is right there...

The GTR Facts - The new GTR is faster then the new ZO6, Viper and 911 turbo Porsche 0-60mph and stock for stock the Z06 will lose the race unfortunately.....The GTR does 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds even though the stats say 3.3 seconds.. It is AWD and has launch control features where you have to hold the brake and release to get a perfect grippy launch... It is ugly as hell, it is a import Nissan that sells for around 100 grand and it hauls *** over all our favorite domestic fast rides... Nissan made a monster simply said, end of story... Love it or hate it but the facts remain it is fast as hell...
Your facts seem quite off.
First, while the GTR may be able to take the said cars from a 0-60, it wont in the 1/4 mile, if thats what you are saying.
A bone stock C6 Z06 has run high 10s in the 1/4 mile, search for "Ranger" and "Z06" on google. Something a stock GTR is not capable of.
Next, the car costs roughly $77,000, not $100,000.
And as far as it "hauling *** over all our favorite domestic rides", have you forgotten both the Saleen S7, Mosler MT900s are domestics? (also the Z06 as stated above is quicker)
Old 10-07-2008, 07:15 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Jibby, you take things too serriously on the internet. Fighting on the internet trying to " win " is like taking pee out of the pool, endless.

Just find your groove here and try to get along with everyone (its HARD). State your post as accuratly as possible (these guys will call everybody out on incorrect info, myself included) and move on. No biggie.

FWIW, 25psi is a member here, usually, when he isnt banned.

Quick Reply: GTR R35 vs C6 Z06