Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GTR R35 vs C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please, do not state that you "know all about the GTR," as you do not. You have not driven one; you have read magazine/internet articles about them. Sure, you have seen one in action at the track, as did I this past Friday (10/3). The said GTR ran a 12.44 @ 117 (I stated a different time in another post in the Lounge and I have since got the time from my friend). This was on a "scared as if he had a 10 bolt" launch; smart, considering he must had read the owner's manual about the warranty (see thread in Lounge). Simply put, 125>117. This incident involved wet conditions, a passenger, and non-gears. Please inform me how (assuming a good driver) the Z06 would lose with less weight, dry roads, and WOT passes. Further, (and frankly put) who the **** cares about 0-60 times. Also, please feel free to post ANY kind of 4-wheel drive vehicle pulling the front wheels even 6" off of the ground, under normal circumstances (at a track preferably).

I do not see why you stooped to the intellect of a child, as no one, in my opinion, was acting so. This in turn makes you to look like a damned fool. If you would like to discuss, not argue, anything with me, feel free to; as long as it is in an adult and academic standard.

PS-if you do not EVER lie, as you have said so fervently, you must be the ******* second coming of Christ, in which case... But you aren't my savior, so until thenGod wouldn't drive a Lexus, he'd drive a ZR1.

Last edited by WSsick; 10-07-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:43 PM
12 Second Club

Oh, and AngryJ, whether you like it or not, I am stealing this quote for my sig.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Village Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jay, thanks again for the good advise, well recieved and noted.....I think I already have painted a target on my back on this section of the forum, because I just don't like to take crap from people and don't like Fords!!!! Pride I guess......Oh well that's life what can you do???... I am trying to state the facts by posting up reputable GTR links but it still doesn't sink in.....

I am not defending the Nissan GTR and I would much rather own and drive a ZO6 all day long.. I love the Z06's and want them to be faster then the GTR's but they just aren't in stock form......0-60mph... Some one said who cares about 0-60mph and I will say street races are over at 60-80mph most of the time so it's very important to some.....

Last time I checked this is a street race section of the forum.. I am going to try and find that u-tube video to show I am not full of ****... Front end rises I kid you not but please note the front wheels do not lift off the ground as I never said that.....I do remembered the front end rising greatly and this is because it was so visable to see in the vid.... Yes AWD and the front end still lifts... Stay tuned..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-07-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by WSsick
I do not see why you stooped to the intellect of a child, as no one, in my opinion, was acting so. This in turn makes you to look like a damned fool. If you would like to discuss, not argue, anything with me, feel free to; as long as it is in an adult and academic standard.

PS-if you do not EVER lie, as you have said so fervently, you must be the ******* second coming of Christ, in which case... But you aren't my savior, so until thenGod wouldn't drive a Lexus, he'd drive a ZR1.
God might drive a Bugatti and not a ZR1 too...

You want to say you act mature but your second paragraph is that of a child... Who looks like the damn fool now? I am wrong at times but I am not a lier...Why the hell would I lie to misinform people who read my posts? Why would anyone want to do that? Please.... The only savior I am aware of is Jesus Christ so relax on the blasphemy... Oh and if you don't believe in god and ghosts, just watch Ghost hunters, Paranormal state, and "a haunting" shows as they are all based on true story's... Mind blowing stuff.....You will begin to believe as they capture crazy **** on video then try and back it with proof.. Just thought I would throw that out there for you non believers.....

Again, it appears there is another band wagon jumper looking for internet attention...Don't blame you for chiming in as it's a good way to feel a part of crowd.. However, The word insecure comes to mind though..

I too would drive a ZO6 over my lexus all day long, drrrrr, that's a no brainer..... I can't afford one... Got a bunch of shooters on this section of the forum...Funny, that's what that is, as Jack would say......

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-07-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Check out this skyline video, straight outta Japan.. These cars really are no joke, if you have the ponies to pull on a Skyline then you are sitting on a rocket of a car.. I must bow down.....They simply can move...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utaaPbiyi2w

There you go, oh and maybe someone can translate for us... I guess they do look like kinda fun rides... Still the Zo6 is the call!!!
Thats a fully built car, not stock in any way, period. The car has 276HP in stock form, not impressive by any standards. Only a true riceboy would talk about the Skyline like its God's gift to man, its nothing special at all. It does nothing that any other car hasn't already done better. Please save the skyline nut swinging for a place where people might actually care.

As for the new GTR, its nothing more than an overweight pig. Its ugly, sounds like crap, and its not a sports car by any definition of the word. Automatic trans, 4,000lbs, drives like a boat, and has more electronic nannies than the pentagon. Its nothing more than a glorified GT car, not a true drivers car, the car practically drives itself.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, you spent alot of time trying to down my posts.. Dude, don't you have anything better to do with your time you frigg'n loser... I was wrong about the weight issue but everything else I can back up with facts... Try again you frigg'n moron!!!! I am not going to spend the time to battle you on every thing you claim...I've got better things to do...

I will try and find the video that illustrates the front end lift on the GTR on the track during full power up and that should shut your hole up temporarily...This would be to satisfy the other poster and readers and not you.. Stay tuned...

These haters are starting to **** me off...Oh, and yes I have seen the GTR in full effect on a track, and on the upcoming vid on U-tube..Seen on at a car show, seen two on the streets of Los Angeles and Malibu.. The GTR doesn't have a clutch you say well that is news to me also...

I may be wrong once in a while but I do not lie... I have not owned one but I have seen them around and am aware of their capabilities and power stats.. That is what I ment when I say I know about them..
Its not his fault that you don't know your *** from a hole in the ground.

You're trying to talk up a vehicle to people who know more about the damn car than you do. Its a 4,000lb pig with 480HP. It an automatic (no, it doesn't have a clutch pedal, genius) Its not God's gift to man, far from it. Its not as fast as a Z06, or any other real supercar. Its an overweight, overstyled, over-computerized pile of jap crap and its not worthy of competing with anything resembling a real sports car.

Think of the GTR as an ugly ***, cheapo version of a Bentley Continental GT, not a supercar killer.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Jibby, you take things too serriously on the internet. Fighting on the internet trying to " win " is like taking pee out of the pool, endless.

Just find your groove here and try to get along with everyone (its HARD). State your post as accuratly as possible (these guys will call everybody out on incorrect info, myself included) and move on. No biggie.

FWIW, 25psi is a member here, usually, when he isnt banned.
how did I get in this?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Village Idiot

Weaselman, I don't even know why I am responding to your idiotic post... I dislike the GTR too, how many times do I have to say that in my posts.... Not defending it just stating facts....Again, in stock form the new Nissan GTR is faster then a Zo6, Porsche 911 turbo and a new Viper 0-60mph.

Can you read? Again, fundemental reading, see spot run, see spot maul, see spot pit fight for Michael Vick...

25psi - you got banned? Wow, I was beginning to think the moderators don't band anyone? 25psi what is your problem? What do you do that gets you banned on this very forgiving forum? Now that's more impressive then the GTR.......

Here is a couple of animal pics to sum up the moods on this thread..
Attached Thumbnails GTR R35 vs C6 Z06-angry-dog.jpg   GTR R35 vs C6 Z06-post-94175-1201867261639226140.jpg   GTR R35 vs C6 Z06-angrykitten.jpg  

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-07-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Who's everyone? A couple of Ford guys praising their so claimed "fast Mustangs" and 3 people on this thread, Oh ****!!!!! I'm ruined what ever will I do? It's been a month too and not two weeks so get your facts straight... . If I have pissed off a few Ford Mustang owners on this LS1tech forum, I think I can live with that one..

I would bet you I've made more people laugh on this forum then get really pissed off at me too.... So take it easy when you talk too me, Sosa.. You little monkey..
Well you have managed to make me laugh a few times.. But it's all in good fun!!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

I am not defending the Nissan GTR and I would much rather own and drive a ZO6 all day long.. I love the Z06's and want them to be faster then the GTR's but they just aren't in stock form......0-60mph... Some one said who cares about 0-60mph and I will say street races are over at 60-80mph most of the time so it's very important to some.....
Most street races are from a roll.. and I doubt that most of them end by 80.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Weaselman, I don't even know why I am responding to your idiotic post... I dislike the GTR too, how many times do I have to say that in my posts.... Not defending it just stating facts....Again, in stock form the new Nissan GTR is faster then a Zo6, Porsche 911 turbo and a new Viper 0-60mph.

Can you read? Again, fundemental reading, see spot run, see spot maul, see spot pit fight for Michael Vick...

25psi - you got banned? Wow, I was beginning to think the moderators don't band anyone? 25psi what is your problem? What do you do that gets you banned on this very forgiving forum? Now that's more impressive then the GTR.......

Here is a couple of animal pics to sum up the moods on this thread..
I was banned for almost two years. To make a long story short, I became a domestic hater lol. Im reformed now
Old 10-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
Most street races are from a roll.. and I doubt that most of them end by 80.
I so disagree, I've had 50 street races or more in the past 6 years and they have all been from a dead stop and mostly from a red light stop...Street races that go over 80mph can become very dangerous too in the city.... Anyway, the classic dead stop race and how they usually start - You know Rev the engine first, look over and get the thumbs up or the finger pointed straight ahead then it's on... Atleast, where I live that's how it usually goes down.. Although, I did have a Viper just yesterday messing with me from a role but I wouldn't call it a race.....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-07-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by 25psi
I was banned for almost two years. To make a long story short, I became a domestic hater lol. Im reformed now

Oh my, a complete domestic hater on this forum are you crazy? I am on the edge with just Ford..... Well, that explains it..... Glad to see you are reformed and back after two long years...WOW!!! Sounds like you've been casterated or something..
Old 10-07-2008, 10:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 25psi
how did I get in this?

Anyways, back to JIBBBY, I have two things to start with.

1.) You said my 2nd paragraph. I think you meant my 3rd.
2.) The Veyron is not the fastest car in the world. See SSC Ultimate Aero TT @257.xxMPH. As for the ZR1, I was only making a point that God would drive GM over Toyota, sir. And if he did drive a supercar, it would be the Carrera GT.

Insecure? No, sorry. If I was a bandwagon, I would have abandoned my Missouri Tigers during their almighty suck years (decades). I am not here to argue, unless its about ruining a great nameplate on a 4door car; I'll have a factual debate if you would like. In which case, please show all of us proof that the GTR is faster. 1/4 mile it has no chance unless the Z06 has the worst driver ever. Road courses are tricky things. Magazine testers would be able to drive the GTR faster because it takes more talent to get a RWD car to its max potential. Look at what Porsche did with a GTR compared to a Z06 around the 'Ring. Z06>GTR.

0-60? If you ended a race between these 2 at 60, you are a fool. Speaking of fools, I do not look like one because of my last paragraph, YOU still do. Calling your inability to lie does not make me a fool. Sure, I was OBVIOUSLY overstating and exaggerating to make a point. And please, do not call out my faith. I would not have referenced Jesus if I did not believe.

One more thing I forgot from earlier, each GTR engine is hand built, so the probability of "freaks" is higher and each engine will not dyno the same. That said, these cars are terribly underrated.

Like someone said above, all in fun. Hopefully no one gets butt hurt.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by odarabla
Well you have managed to make me laugh a few times.. But it's all in good fun!!

Now that's being a good sport... Hats off to you...
Old 10-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by WSsick

Anyways, back to JIBBBY, I have two things to start with.

1.) You said my 2nd paragraph. I think you meant my 3rd.
2.) The Veyron is not the fastest car in the world. See SSC Ultimate Aero TT @257.xxMPH. As for the ZR1, I was only making a point that God would drive GM over Toyota, sir. And if he did drive a supercar, it would be the Carrera GT.

Insecure? No, sorry. If I was a bandwagon, I would have abandoned my Missouri Tigers during their almighty suck years (decades). I am not here to argue, unless its about ruining a great nameplate on a 4door car; I'll have a factual debate if you would like. In which case, please show all of us proof that the GTR is faster. 1/4 mile it has no chance unless the Z06 has the worst driver ever. Road courses are tricky things. Magazine testers would be able to drive the GTR faster because it takes more talent to get a RWD car to its max potential. Look at what Porsche did with a GTR compared to a Z06 around the 'Ring. Z06>GTR.

0-60? If you ended a race between these 2 at 60, you are a fool. Speaking of fools, I do not look like one because of my last paragraph, YOU still do. Calling your inability to lie does not make me a fool. Sure, I was OBVIOUSLY overstating and exaggerating to make a point. And please, do not call out my faith. I would not have referenced Jesus if I did not believe.

One more thing I forgot from earlier, each GTR engine is hand built, so the probability of "freaks" is higher and each engine will not dyno the same. That said, these cars are terribly underrated.

Like someone said above, all in fun. Hopefully no one gets butt hurt.
Wow, some of you guys aren't so bad after all... I can see your kinda trying to be cool I guess, so I say no harm no foul... Yes, the GT2 and GT3 Porsche's are sick too... My neighbor has a GT3 and I won't even try and race that beast even though I bate him on at times... A rich old lawyer dude drives it whom never floored the car in his life, man, I just hate that....
Old 10-07-2008, 10:35 PM
12 Second Club

Wow, some of you guys aren't so bad after all... I can see your kinda trying to be cool I guess, so I say no harm no foul... Yes, the GT2 and GT3 Porsche's are sick too... My neighbor has a GT3 and I won't even try and race that beast even though I bate him on at times... A rich old lawyer dude drives it whom never floored the car in his life, man, I just hate that....
We're not bad, we just like to pick apart every single letter, punctuation, etc. of each others arguments so they are entirely correct.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chavez885
Just uploaded this...happened a few weeks ago at a pretty good track.

i luled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Lxi7_bWjs
Ok.......maybe just one foot will get you that far.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by k-mart
Ok.......maybe just one foot will get you that far.

See, as I said previously that your not always gauranteed to get a good launch out of these GTR's as there is a process to get the launch control just right from a dig.. You need to work the brake at launch according to the Vid link I provided in one of my previous posts.. I'm sure an experienced GTR driver would get it just right though most of the time.....
Old 10-07-2008, 11:15 PM
10 Second Club

Glad to see were all getting along now!! JIBBY, welcome to the club! LOL Just kidding about the finger!!

Quick Reply: GTR R35 vs C6 Z06