Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I hate it when your not sure if they raced you or not.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 06:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate it when your not sure if they raced you or not.

This morning on my way to work. I stop at a light and what pulls up behind me..You guessed it shitstang. So im a little nervous casue my car has been running like ****. But i filled her with 100 octane last night to see if it would help with the issues im having. Any ways the light turns green and i take of very slowly to see if this guy will be stupid enogh to try and pass me. Well he dont pass me but he rides my ***. So i jab the peddel for a second to see how he will react. He stays righ on my ***. So i Slow back down to give us some running room and this time i nail it. The next thing i know is hes about a good 10-15 cars lenghts behind me. So i slow back down and he gets on my *** again but i turned off the road to pull into my work. So im sitting in the parking lot think wow i just destroyed that **** box. Then i thought . Did he even race me. And suddely my joy was gone. I fucken hate races like that. I rather have them close.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:06 AM
Teching In

Default Re: I hate it when your not sure if they raced you or not.

Shitstang? Dude mustangs are NOT ****. Its just the ideots that think a v6 stang has a flux capaciter in it that are ****. Dont hate the car just cuz 85% of the drivers are gay. Me and the upper 15% arent like that. You could have at least told us model of mustang? GT? Or were you just being an *** and messing with a v6?
Old 09-12-2003, 07:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

J/K 96 SCTA but mustangs are!
Old 09-12-2003, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

All i could tell about the mustange is that it had the bullitt rims on it. Im not sure if it was a real one or not. It said gt on the side but i could not see what it said on the back of the car.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

I it happened to me too. I thought I was racing a Mustant GT on my then 01 Sierra.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Shitstang? Dude mustangs are NOT ****. Its just the ideots that think a v6 stang has a flux capaciter in it that are ****. Dont hate the car just cuz 85% of the drivers are gay. Me and the upper 15% arent like that. You could have at least told us model of mustang? GT? Or were you just being an *** and messing with a v6?
I drove an '03 GT a couple months ago and it was a TOTAL DOG!!! I laughed and told the salesman so.

Ford has done a few things right w/the Mustang though. I've owned 4 of the '60s models, and I could get an '03 Cobra on the 'A' plan (26k) and turned it down for a used fbody instead.

I think EVERY Mustang owner needs to read about the potential death traps those things are... ie. rear impact (leaking fuel), jammed doors (not gettin out) = potential firey death. I won't put my family in a modern one because of that. This is well proven too. FORD apparently pays off the families so it doesn't go to court. I don't recall the URL that gives all the detail on this, or I'd post it. Over 50 have died for over this combination of defects.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like our friend Mr. Maxwell either has owned a Mustang in the past, or currently owns one. I am not a big fan of any current Mustang, except the 03 Cobra. Ford hasn't done anything right (excluding the Cobra) in a good 30 years. I mean, come on, a turbo 4banger in an American icon? The 03 Cobra I definitely respect, but it's badly in need of a redesign. Me, I'm looking at the next gen Stang.

Ford looks like it's been getting it's act together, so let's hope they put out a quality product for us to compete with
Old 09-12-2003, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

dude don't you drive a v-6 mustang...... about the special olympic comment...... Your retarded
Old 09-12-2003, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lmao, v6 stang? Get off this board... you've got no right to argue with any of us . All we wanna hear out of v6 stang/f-body drivers is "Good kill" and the "cheers" emoticon.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

96SCTA- Races occur when people are lined up NEXT to each other. All you did was get pissed and drive recklessly. You didn't race.

Old 09-13-2003, 01:48 AM
TECH Resident

well said unit
Old 09-13-2003, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

well when you can not line up next to each other your kinda forced to go at it like so. You are correct though the best races are when you lined up side bye side. But that does not always happen.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Good post 96SCTA. I thought you were going to come back in a negative way. Kudos to you for not doing so.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fords are gay. They are just not appealing at all. Mario brings up a good point about the turbo 4 banger in a mustang. Cheap cars, break down all the time. A 4.6L engine is not a muscle car engine. Doesn't matter if it has a blower on it. Dont get me wrong, the car is quick, and you have to respect it's speed, but it is like comparing apples to oranges. A charged car vs an NA car. I went to route 66 a few days ago and the fastest new cobra was running a 13.02 and it was modded.

Now, I saw the new design for the mustang at the auto show, and I have to admit, that looked awesome. All it needs is a real engine.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dont get me wrong, the car is quick, and you have to respect it's speed, but it is like comparing apples to oranges. A charged car vs an NA car. I went to route 66 a few days ago and the fastest new cobra was running a 13.02 and it was modded.
See, that's where I disagree. "Run what you brung" is a phrase I believe in. I'll run anybody for fun. I don't care if it's a Civic or a Ferrari. Talking about "That's not fair, you've got a blower!" reminds me of the whole "That's not fair, you've got 4 extra cylinders!" argument...
Old 09-15-2003, 12:33 AM
Administrator

Fords are gay. They are just not appealing at all. Mario brings up a good point about the turbo 4 banger in a mustang. Cheap cars, break down all the time. A 4.6L engine is not a muscle car engine. Doesn't matter if it has a blower on it. Dont get me wrong, the car is quick, and you have to respect it's speed, but it is like comparing apples to oranges. A charged car vs an NA car. I went to route 66 a few days ago and the fastest new cobra was running a 13.02 and it was modded.

Now, I saw the new design for the mustang at the auto show, and I have to admit, that looked awesome. All it needs is a real engine.
I shouldn't even waste my time responding to ignorance like this, but here goes...

How can you say that 4.6L motors aren't muslce car engines? My '03 Cobra comes factory equipped with stock internals along with ARP rod bolts unlike the LS1 that has POS rod bolts. It can handle over 20psi of boost with zero problems. My Cobra made 374ft-lbs of torque at 3,500rpms bone stock. That's not American Muscle? As much as you hate it, the Mustang is as much a part of American Muscle history as the Corvette and the Camaro. The way I see it, you should thank Ford for inventing the assembly line and cars as we know it or you'd be walking your *** around town.

As for a modded '03 Cobra running 13.0, I suggest you check out svtperformance.com.

I'm not even a Mustang fan really. Your words show your lack of knowledge.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:37 AM
Administrator

Let me educate you a bit. Here's a slightly modified '03 Cobra:

11.38 @ 118.9mph w/ a 1.51 60'
Old 09-15-2003, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

UNIT213,

You're not even a Mustang fan, but you own one?
I personally would never buy a car that I am not a fan of.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Yep, it's weird how everything transpired. I initially wanted an '02 WS6, then a Z06. It didn't work out unfortunately. I ended up with an '03 Cobra since GM doesn't make an '03 fbody.
I really like the '03 Cobras though. As for Mustangs as a whole...
Old 09-15-2003, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Let me educate you a bit. Here's a slightly modified '03 Cobra:

11.38 @ 118.9mph w/ a 1.51 60'

Damn, dude, I still have a hard time believing that guy did a 1.5x on Drag Radials.....that is insane. He is definitely driving that thing. Damn impressive.