Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach Sportlines

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chavez885
Not really, Sam's the ******* man and knows his ****. Not that i NEED to defend him, anyone that visits this section regularly knows but why not..
All the kid did was come in this forum and say how he liked his sportlines and look what it turned into. Any reply in this thread that didnt include "glad you like them" "great to hear" or "not my chioce but if you like them..." was out of line.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

That's what the sections that are dedicated to appearance are for. This is a suspension forum, and one that has some knowledge in it, unlike a lot of forums elsewhere on the web.

I am 100% sincere when I say it's great he's happy. I'm also not going to stand by and have folks that have no idea what's up think that Sportlines are the best springs around.

So, again... The OP is happy, I don't think I changed his mind, and wasn't trying to. I was trying to educate. So shoot me.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 11-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
That's what the sections that are dedicated to appearance are for. This is a suspension forum, and one that has some knowledge in it, unlike a lot of forums elsewhere on the web.

I am 100% sincere when I say it's great he's happy. I'm also not going to stand by and have folks that have no idea what's up think that Sportlines are the best springs around.

So, again... The OP is happy, I don't think I changed his mind, and wasn't trying to. I was trying to educate. So shoot me.
again you are right. I should have posted this in the Appearance Thread.Anyway i will finally post the after pics tonight
Old 11-13-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Otto-813
All the kid did was come in this forum and say how he liked his sportlines and look what it turned into. Any reply in this thread that didnt include "glad you like them" "great to hear" or "not my chioce but if you like them..." was out of line.
This is how I see it...

If someone posts about a particular modification, I may post my opinion of them when I feel appropriate and if I feel like I know something about it. People who are searching for info on this thing will come in and gather opinions about it. If we had dedicated threads where people were only allowed to swing on the OP's nuts or else their posts would be removed, then that would kind of defeat the purpose of the suspension technical forum.

Particularly with sportlines, expect to get flamed once in a while. You're posting about a set of springs that the majority of the community thinks are garbage. What do you expect?

Not to mention that your defending the OP who was happy he got all the critical advice, not upset or offended
Old 11-14-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well i bought my 02 ws6 with sportlines and blaaaaaaaaaah they are horrible . it turned a fine tuned sports car into feeling like a junkie honda with heated springs. im going back to stock immediatley but only for as long as it takes to work up the cash for a 1" lowering spring, or just a really good set of shocks.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Launching!

I had sportlines with KYB AGX shocks and a adjustable PHB on my 99 Z28, the car rode and drove awesome....yeah it was a little low for my taste but just about every suspension out there is gonna have its pros and cons and everybodys different prospective on them, Im about to put sportlines on my 2000 SS
Old 02-13-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious, no flaming here:

Where do you guys with big drops drive your cars? If they were great performance springs I'd guess the track, but they're not. For me I'd hate it that I had a fast street car that could only be driven on certain roads....

Then again, maybe only Wisconsin has shitty back roads
Old 02-15-2010, 11:19 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just a reminder that it's a matter of perspective. Many folks with slammed cars think they "ride well" having nothing to compare to that is of decent quality. Also, many think that stiff as a brick somehow equals a killer handling car and that's not true---but if they feel like a skateboard many seem to like that not knowing any better.

I'll be honest, if you are happy with Sportlines and AGX's, ok. But you can do sooooo much better. Frankly those are some pretty poor springs in terms of ride and handling teamed with mediocre shocks.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I must be a wuss. I installed Eibach pros (LT1) and koni SA's 4/4 and hated the ride. Im now on stock springs on the lower perch and hose mod and although a little smoother, still unhappy. I guess it's gonna be an expensive learning curve figuring out what setup i'll stay with!

To each his own.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Proof that no two people are exactly alike.... Put the isolators in and up the to the normal perch height will help your ride some more. And you have to watch your shock settings too.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Proof that no two people are exactly alike.... Put the isolators in and up the to the normal perch height will help your ride some more. And you have to watch your shock settings too.
Yeah that was my next step, just been to lazy with all this overtime. You know something that i wasn't expecting was when i went to the lower perch and hose mod with the factory springs, it dropped the rear lower than the front. I didn't really realize it until one day soon after trying that setup, i had it up to 135ish and noticed how light the steering was. I inspected the car afterwards and then noticed the negative rake. Now it's really bugging me!

I'll deal with it for a little while longer, I've got some 18"s on the way so i know i've got some more tweaking ahead...

Btw this is a DD that sees a backroad drag race about once a year.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:37 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sneaky7980
I must be a wuss. I installed Eibach pros (LT1) and koni SA's 4/4 and hated the ride. Im now on stock springs on the lower perch and hose mod and although a little smoother, still unhappy. I guess it's gonna be an expensive learning curve figuring out what setup i'll stay with!

To each his own.
what shock settings are you at? what settings have you tried? don't forget about tire pressure.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Regular

Default Well said!

Originally Posted by mylittlez06
I had sportlines with KYB AGX shocks and a adjustable PHB on my 99 Z28, the car rode and drove awesome....yeah it was a little low for my taste but just about every suspension out there is gonna have its pros and cons and everybodys different prospective on them, Im about to put sportlines on my 2000 SS
Very well said, I have this setup and like it. I have no wheel hop on hard launching, corners well and yes, have to watch those speed bumps and pot holes! I'm watching and careful even with my Trailblazer!

Quick Reply: Eibach Sportlines