Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Update: Strano Performance Parts Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Final update from me in this thread:

Nobody responded to my last post, which left me with two sets of springs left to sell as of this morning.

Those two sets are now gone. Total sets sold on this run 111. Gone in just over 2 weeks. As of 1pm today (1-22-09) I'm out of Strano Lowering Springs until the next order arrives in approximately 12-14 weeks.

More are on order, and I can take backorders. As before I will not charge your credit card until the springs arrive. And all backorders take priority. I cannot accept a hold order without either a Credit card or pre-payment. This keeps the tire kickers away--those that reserve a set them flake out when they arrive.

Thank you to everyone who not only bought my springs this time, but to those that have had them for a while and posted such nice things about their results. Your word of mouth combined with my diligence on the design has made for a very successful product that makes most everyone very happy! I can't ask for better results than happy customers who tell others. That's not propaganda--those are real results.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 01-22-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Final update from me in this thread:

Nobody responded to my last post, which left me with two sets of springs left to sell as of this morning.

Those two sets are now gone. Total sets sold on this run 111. Gone in just over 2 weeks. As of 1pm today (1-22-09) I'm out of Strano Lowering Springs until the next order arrives in approximately 12-14 weeks.

More are on order, and I can take backorders. As before I will not charge your credit card until the springs arrive. And all backorders take priority. I cannot accept a hold order without either a Credit card or pre-payment. This keeps the tire kickers away--those that reserve a set them flake out when they arrive.

Thank you to everyone who not only bought my springs this time, but to those that have had them for a while and posted such nice things about their results. Your word of mouth combined with my diligence on the design has made for a very successful product that makes most everyone very happy! I can't ask for better results than happy customers who tell others. That's not propaganda--those are real results.
well damn! I guess this gives me more time to save up so i can get the konis also! Thats impressive that all of those sold so quickly. Look forward to doing business again in the near future.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn... I left my phone at home and wasn't able to order. I really wanted a set!
Old 01-22-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Resident

Wow those went quick, glad I decided to order mine, even though they are under the bed
Old 01-23-2009, 01:41 AM
Launching!

And why is that?
just want to be thanking UMI for clearing things up and you for sending the tracking number pretty quickly
Old 01-23-2009, 01:46 AM
12 Second Club

Wow, 111 sets sold that quickly! There you go, demand speaks highly of Sam's product. I'm glad I ordered when I did! I can't wait to get the Strano springs and the Konis installed. Thanks Sam!

Last edited by azredbird; 01-23-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:39 AM
Teching In

Well, looks like I'll have to wait. I was hoping to order end of February or beginning of March but didn't realize these were selling that fast (haven't been checking this thread enough). Oh well. As soon as the new ones are in, I'm snatching up a set.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:40 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Sam,

I think you should order a big quantity of springs, that way even after you fill all your back orders, you will still have plenty for others and that way we dont have to wait 3-4 months to get springs

I dont think you should be worried about not selling them at all
Old 01-23-2009, 11:43 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by SS DNA
Sam,

I think you should order a big quantity of springs, that way even after you fill all your back orders, you will still have plenty for others and that way we dont have to wait 3-4 months to get springs

I dont think you should be worried about not selling them at all
While I've considered that, there are a few issues that make it not quite so simple....

I have to pay for the springs which is a big cash outlay. I'm not keen on charging folks for what I don't have--and not being rich I have to watch what I order so I can pay for it. I don't want to be a deadbeat.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 01-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I certainly got mine...now to give you a call once I get back from this trip to take care of my braking issues (cracked Baer rotor) and get some new shocks. Glad I ordered this when I did...
Old 01-24-2009, 01:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

While I've considered that, there are a few issues that make it not quite so simple....

I have to pay for the springs which is a big cash outlay. I'm not keen on charging folks for what I don't have--and not being rich I have to watch what I order so I can pay for it. I don't want to be a deadbeat.
Well, you could always put a whole bunch on credit, then if for some reason you don't sell them all, you can always go to the Gov't for a bailout.

Just kidding of course, very smart business sense Sam, that and your fantastic customer service are just part of the reason people recommend you so much. I can already attest to both of those and can't wait to install my springs tomorrow and add my name to the list of satisfied Strano spring owners. I'll definitely post up my impressions once I get it all setup...thanks again for walking me through initial setup today...don't know too many companies willing to put that much time and effort into helping their customers.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:41 AM
TECH Addict

Sam: Just wondering; I have the Hotchkiss springs on there now, would there be an advantage or noticeable difference in going with your springs? I know it's somewhat of a loaded question but I am interested in the difference between their progressive versus your springs.

I am curretnly running the stock DeCarbon shocks because I was trying to keep the ride quality from getting more firm than it already is with the lowering springs.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2009, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

I just got my set on friday and cant wait to install them, Thanks again sam, will be in contact for setup.

Gabe
Old 01-24-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DaddySS
Sam: Just wondering; I have the Hotchkiss springs on there now, would there be an advantage or noticeable difference in going with your springs? I know it's somewhat of a loaded question but I am interested in the difference between their progressive versus your springs.

I am curretnly running the stock DeCarbon shocks because I was trying to keep the ride quality from getting more firm than it already is with the lowering springs.

Thanks
If your going for the ride and not the lowered look, get the Koni's......great suspension with a 3/4 lower ride (way better then the Decarbons). Give Sam a call..he'll stare you in the right direction
Old 01-24-2009, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Not sure what you mean. how do the Konis affct the look, what do you mean by 3/4 lowered and how would Konis affect the ride?
Old 01-25-2009, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaddySS
how would Konis affect the ride?
If you are JUST now asking this question then you have some learning and reading to do man. Ive only got them on the rear of my car (time constraints) and my god. The difference good shocks make in a live axle rear car is unreal. You seriously dont even think its the same car.

Search and read up on what Sam posts about shocks and suspension and you will learn a lot.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bballr4567
If you are JUST now asking this question then you have some learning and reading to do man. Ive only got them on the rear of my car (time constraints) and my god. The difference good shocks make in a live axle rear car is unreal. You seriously dont even think its the same car.

Search and read up on what Sam posts about shocks and suspension and you will learn a lot.
It's kind of difficult in posts to get the message across - my knowledge of Konis (so far anyway) is that the ride will be more firm, which is not what I want. So what I was asking is do these Konis have an effect on wheel control but maintain ride quality?
Old 01-25-2009, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Konis are not firmer in my opinion if you get them set up right. The response is more crisp and controlled than stock shocks. Some people might interpret this as harsher but to me it is more comfortable because it handles bumps with a much smoother and precise feel. My car is on stock springs and Konis. I would have no other shock.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

DaddySS.... The Koni shocks have an adjustment on them that can lower the car by 3/4 of an inch or stay stock height. The best description i can give you on the way the ride feels on Koni's, is like a well set up BMW feel? Call Sam...he'll give you all the right info
Old 01-25-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Konis dont make the car harsh. They are FAR more responsive than the crappy Toyikos that I had on the car. You feel everything but its a good feel. Instead of bouncing and jarred over every bump you literally feel the suspension travel and grip the road.

BTW Konis on full soft is great. Even with them on full firm they are still VERY responsive and let you know what is going on with your car and road.

Quick Reply: Update: Strano Performance Parts Lowering Springs