Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

front sway

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front sway

After switching my front suspension for the third time i got to thinking about the front sway bar removal. I have heard of this in the past but not sure how benefical this would be or if it will hurt anything. My set up is primarily used at an 1/8mile track but i do drive around town about 20 miles a month. any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

ive had mine off for years i daily drive it as well, and honestly you only drive 20 miles a month i wouldnt put much thought into it
Old 12-14-2008, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

also had mine off for a couple of years. no probs. removing the sway bar is beneficial because it helps transfer weight to the rear wheels during a lauch. removes like 15lbs as well
Old 12-14-2008, 02:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

......oh and may feel a lil dif on turns without a sway bar. not as solid but its not that bad at all
Old 12-14-2008, 03:02 PM
11 Second Club

just took mine off last week. under normal conditions it feels no different at all. but then again i dont go hauling *** around corners. as far as weight transfer its a big diff in how much the front lifts under WOT. doit IMO
Old 12-14-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mods Puuuulease and just let this guy search the other million post thread on the subject.............
Old 12-14-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
Mods Puuuulease and just let this guy search the other million post thread on the subject.............
Its not that hard to just give him an answer.

I took mine off of my 98 SS and didn't care for the way it took corners. It will have a lot more body roll than your use to but for the 20 miles you drive you should be fine. I say start off my disconnecting it first and take it for a drive. After that you can take it off completely. That is an easier way to find out if you can deal with it around town.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

This thread here https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-sway-bar.html is way better than that recent piece of garbage front swaybar delete thread 20 pages long where every joe shmoe with about an ounce of intelligence claims their expertise on the subject.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z28bryan
This thread here https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-sway-bar.html is way better than that recent piece of garbage front swaybar delete thread 20 pages long where every joe shmoe with about an ounce of intelligence claims their expertise on the subject.
That thread is a hacked up joke! You have a bunch of people bitchin at each other about their theory. One guy even uses Gran Turismo 4 to get his information to support his theory. Your not going to get an answer to your question, only opinions. I still say try it yourself and see what you like.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

for those who gave their 2 cents ithanks for the input. anything i can do to remove weight from the front im all for it. not to worried about cornering so im going to ditch the damn thing hell if i dont like it ill put it back on right? going to browse that link thanks z28 bryan i dont mind reading trash the more opinions the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone else?
Old 12-14-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Junkie

I never said it had proven scientific data in it by any means, but theres posts in there that are way better than that 20 pages of crap in the recent thread. Where like 97% of the people in there are the expert at this subject.

Maybe I'll be the first to admit that I really honestly don't know for sure how bad it is or not
Old 12-14-2008, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HMERacing
Its not that hard to just give him an answer.

I took mine off of my 98 SS and didn't care for the way it took corners. It will have a lot more body roll than your use to but for the 20 miles you drive you should be fine. I say start off my disconnecting it first and take it for a drive. After that you can take it off completely. That is an easier way to find out if you can deal with it around town.
x2!! launch is much harder but u will get some more body roll

Quick Reply: front sway