Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Okay to use stock motor mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Okay to use stock motor mounts?

Im in the process of putting my motor back in my TA and im wondering if i should upgrade the motor mounts or if i will be safe in staying with stock ones. When i say staying with stock i mean buy stock style from autopart store or upgrade to Polyurethane. How much will the stock mounts hold up too? I hope on making close to 400ish hp and 400ish torque.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by }Anti_Ricer_X{
Im in the process of putting my motor back in my TA and im wondering if i should upgrade the motor mounts or if i will be safe in staying with stock ones. When i say staying with stock i mean buy stock style from autopart store or upgrade to Polyurethane. How much will the stock mounts hold up too? I hope on making close to 400ish hp and 400ish torque.
Change them. Poly.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

Well the thing is im kind of crunched on time and money, so was wanting to know also would the stock mounts hold up i plan on babying it for a while till i get anothet mode of transportation
Old 01-16-2009, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Of course, but the only reason I said to change them, was because you were in there and it would be much more easier. Kinda the "knock out 2 birds with 1 stone" idea.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Consider that they're somewhat of a "PITA" to do with the engine in the car, and since you engine isn't in yet, it would be SO EASY to do them.....

Wait until "next year", when the budget is a little better, and you'll be kicking yourself SO HARD, thinking, "I was in here last year, and it would have only taken another 20 minutes, and now I'm struggling, and spending 3 freakin' hours".....and suddenly the extra $35-40 dollars today won't look like that big a deal.

Trust me, I've changed them with the engine in the car!
Old 01-16-2009, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Poly great investment. Dont be foolish spend the extra $50
Old 01-16-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Consider that they're somewhat of a "PITA" to do with the engine in the car, and since you engine isn't in yet, it would be SO EASY to do them.....

Wait until "next year", when the budget is a little better, and you'll be kicking yourself SO HARD, thinking, "I was in here last year, and it would have only taken another 20 minutes, and now I'm struggling, and spending 3 freakin' hours".....and suddenly the extra $35-40 dollars today won't look like that big a deal.

Trust me, I've changed them with the engine in the car!
Yes, do trust what leadfoot4 is saying. Too many other members of this forum can account for the trouble he describes, I myself included.

Getting impulsive and stingy with a decision like this is a bad idea, IMHO.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

changed them your in there already.

Quick Reply: Okay to use stock motor mounts?