Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Fitting C6 Zo6 Brakes on 98-02 need info...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fitting C6 Zo6 Brakes on 98-02 need info...

Alright guys, it's time that I asked this question...I want to put a complete (front and rear) C6 Zo6 brake system on my 02' SS. I know of places that sell the entire kit...caliper, drilled rotors and even lines. However, I'm not sure about everything that needs to be taking care of for the fitment.

I've read that there are brackets that need to be bought for the Zo6 calipers to fit, that you need at least 18's to make sure for enough spacing...this sound right...?

Any input on this subject would be very appreciated.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

Yes you need the corvette adapter bracket for the front calipers to bolt up. And there might be something for the rear as well. I too have the C6 Z06 set-up but have not put them on the car. Even with my 18" C6 Z06 wheels I would have still needed a thin spacer for the spokes to clear the caliper housing. So that specing is definitely something to check. I did not install my brakes yet as I was trying to avoid having to run a spacer since I DD the car in the warmer months.

Rear brakes might need a bracket, I am not positive. I have seen a few f-bodies with these brakes on them and talked to one guy who said he got a bracket for the rear so it bolted right up and the park brake still works too. But I never got far enough to verify that since I didn't put the fronts on the car.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the info. Any body know where to get the bracket for the swap? Yea...I heard that to fit the rear calipers you have to make sure your spacing will fit the calipers. However, I was not sure what spacing and such.

Does anybody else have any info on this subject? I'd rather get C6 Zo6 calipers then spend an arm and a leg for Willwood's. I will be getting TSW Indy 500 18x9.5 front and rear when I get the kit....I'm just really trying to figure out
Old 01-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Launching!

Alright i found a little info...I would need C5 Brake adapters, which I could get from (UMI). After that, I'd need the C6 Zo6 Calipers, brackets, Rotors, Pads and 18" (minimum) diameter wheels. However, I still don't the clearance with the rear spacing and...the parking brake. Help! lol
Old 01-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Found this link...with pics of a guy who did the LT1...but like him...how to make sure the rear set up works. lol

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...lled-pics.html
Old 01-29-2009, 03:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002 SS HUGG
Alright i found a little info...I would need C5 Brake adapters, which I could get from (UMI). After that, I'd need the C6 Zo6 Calipers, brackets, Rotors, Pads and 18" (minimum) diameter wheels. However, I still don't the clearance with the rear spacing and...the parking brake. Help! lol

Yes our brackets will work for the swap. Thanks for considering them

Ryan
Old 01-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002 SS HUGG
Alright guys, it's time that I asked this question...I want to put a complete (front and rear) C6 Zo6 brake system on my 02' SS. I know of places that sell the entire kit...caliper, drilled rotors and even lines. However, I'm not sure about everything that needs to be taking care of for the fitment.

I've read that there are brackets that need to be bought for the Zo6 calipers to fit, that you need at least 18's to make sure for enough spacing...this sound right...?

Any input on this subject would be very appreciated.
I too have been looking at upgrading my brakes on my 02 ws6. The Z06 kit your looking at is it for a C5, I found a kit for $1799 for frount and rear will this work for us.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Launching!

The C6 Zo6 brake kit, from my understanding, will work on a C5 and my 02'. I believe the brackets are the key piece my friend. lol Once the brackets are in place...then I believe the new calipers should bolt directly up. However, I'm not certain about the Zo6 rear calipers...I've heard that there have been problems with the swap there...at least concerning backspacing and rim size. A minimum 18' wheel is necessary for the kit. I'm trying to find out more info on this swap, so.....chime on in fellas!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Correction...the C5 and C6's have the same bracket, I believe. That's why we (F-body) members need to purchase the C5 brackets...so that we can bolt up the new calipers. And as for pricing...I've found complete C6 Zo6 setup, which includes; Front and rear calipers, drilled rotors for front and rear, high performance pads and braided steel lines for $1690 on EBAY. And also...since these upgraded calipers take more lubrication...once bled...when changing old pads, depressing the pistons will cause the stock reservoir to overflow...just a tid bid I found out.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:57 AM
Staging Lane

I have a rotora big brake kit for sale you will have to modify a bit to make it fit on a F-body. im asking 1,600obo their like new only 2000 miles here the link to pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzome/...n/photostream/
Old 01-30-2009, 06:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can use the stock F-bod rear caliper bracket and rotors and the vette calipers will bolt up. You can not use the vette rear caliper bracket because it has a diff off (approx neg 1") set on the rear. You will need the C5 front caliper bracket ( get the UMI) to mount the ZO6 calipers and use a 12.90 C5 rotor, 18" wheel and you will need to be carefull of off-set because of the wider ZO6 caliper may hit the spokes.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Launching!

SSCAMED...thanks for the offer but I think I wanna go with the C6 Zo6 package, no offense...nice looking package though.
Toad...I already new about the rear bracket not bolting up. However...you said I can use the stock rear brackets and rotors...which will allow for the rear Zo6 calipers to bolt on? Is that correct?
And as far as using a 12.90 C5 rotor for the front...I've seen Lt1's that have the full sized 14' rotors...on the front...so...don't why I'd have to use the C5's....ummmm....

Anyways, I'm going to be getting 18x9.5 Indy 500 rims from TSW...when I do this setup to fix the 18' minimum wheel requirement.

Quick Reply: Fitting C6 Zo6 Brakes on 98-02 need info...