Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Springs: "the next batch"

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nsstech
Seriously? If you're having a bad day drink a beer, hell, it's 4/20 smoke a few joints- but please don't embarrass yourself in front of everyone by disrespecting me, a paying customer who has bought nearly 1,500 dollars worth of parts from your store . There is no reason for you to react like that to a customer; you just made a fool of yourself.

Originally Posted by Ponch95
I have simply just been sitting back and reading this stuff that is going on, but now I'm curious you have said you have spent over $1500 with Sam and despite Sam's numerous attemps to get your name you still refuse to tell him (or us) your name. If what you say is true then it should not be a problem in giving up your name so that your story can be verified and add credence to your story.
How did I "still refuse?" I just now got back to my computer- sorry I didn't check back fast enough? As soon as I read Sam's post I PM'd him with my name and the items I have purchased.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

I've asked more than once, in fact at least 3 times, dating back to your original post in the "love them or hate them thread".
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 04-21-2009, 10:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Well, shockers of shockers... "someone" got the thread pulled in which I explained how and why I felt BMR copied my work.

Just so you all know, I did not want the thread locked, let alone pulled. Someone else had that done..... Hmmm, I wonder who?

So here's the bottom line. Others can copy rates, heights and even windings, but they can't copy the material. And they CANNOT back their parts up with the results I have, or explain why certain things work as they do. There is only one person here who has proven he can turn corners and win, and that's something other cannot claim.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sam, I support your position and I would like to have a set of your springs, but is there any way I can run them without such a big drop, like some sort of spacer I can use to maybe only give me 3/4" drop or something? I want a nice handling car, but I can't take a notable drop. I have a very hard time not scraping my front end at work, and the bank I use, and the closest gas station, and the closest Autozone, and many other places. Wish the front end wouldn't stick out so damn far...

'course I still have to save up money for the Konis, especially if I do springs, but...
Old 04-22-2009, 11:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

dragonrage--

Your situation is one where I'd recommend the Koni's and stock springs. You can use the lower perch/isolator mods to lower the car about they distance you want. And handling wise, while springs help the shocks are the big enchilada and will transform the car. If we decide later to lower it with springs you'd have the shocks in place to control them.

We might consider other options too, like maybe a set of Hotchkis 1" springs. Yes, I think mine are better, but doesn't mean that there isn't something else that could be useful... and if mine are too low, and sometimes that's true of lowering springs with such longer front overhangs, we have options. I just gave you two.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Resident

talk about a monopoly moving in on the little guy. their springs are down to $200 bucks.

sam, did you get the new shipment of koni's and springs for the remainder of the sale?
Old 04-22-2009, 04:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

And how much money do you think they are making on a set to be able to afford to instantly drop what, $50 of the price??????

I was talking to Hellwig about this the other day. They stopped by Hellwig's booth @ SEMA, and as it was put to me, it was all about price, price, price. If the price wasn't cheap enough, it was no go.

I'm willing to pay for good stuff. And even at that, my springs @ $275 shipped are far from unfair (and in the end cheaper than say a set of Hotchkis that are $259 plus shipping).

New shipment of Koni's arriving on the 30th (updated from 5/5). Springs are out, I won't have more until right around when the Koni sale ends.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

Well im jumping on that Koni sale. I can just keep them till I get the Springs
Old 04-22-2009, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS DNA
Well im jumping on that Koni sale. I can just keep them till I get the Springs
Thats what I did. I bought the Koni 4/4's since they were on sale and they sat in my room for almost two months. I just got my springs yesterday from Sam and will be installing everything next week when I move into my new house, finally a garage! No more working in a small dirty parking lot with gravel and oil all over it!

BTW, Sam, when I got my springs the box they came in was all beat up and torn. Looked like someone took a bat to the box! The springs looked ok except that one has a chip in it where you can see the metal under the white. Guess I'll just touch it up to prevent rust? Anyways, thanks for the koni's and your springs.

Next up from stranoparts.com...

-watts link
-lower control arms
-sway bar set
-torque arm
-3 point sub frame connecters
-strut tower brace

Last edited by TheBlueKnight; 04-22-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight

-watts link
-lower control arms
-sway bar set
-torque arm
-strut tower brace
How about in this order:

1. sway bar set
2. watts link
3. torque arm
4. rear lower control arms
tie for 5th and 6th: 3 point SFC's and STB

I know it's kind of weird that I typed this (plus hijack this thread), but if you talk with Sam about those choices, you'll notice that if you go in that order, you'll see that the items in the lower order make little to no difference with most applications.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:34 PM
12 Second Club

Got the springs in on saturday! The car feels awesome with the springs and Koni's!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:45 AM
TECH Addict

Forget the STB completely.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Thats what I did. I bought the Koni 4/4's since they were on sale and they sat in my room for almost two months. I just got my springs yesterday from Sam and will be installing everything next week when I move into my new house, finally a garage! No more working in a small dirty parking lot with gravel and oil all over it!

BTW, Sam, when I got my springs the box they came in was all beat up and torn. Looked like someone took a bat to the box! The springs looked ok except that one has a chip in it where you can see the metal under the white. Guess I'll just touch it up to prevent rust? Anyways, thanks for the koni's and your springs.

-watts link
-lower control arms
-sway bar set
-torque arm
-strut tower brace

I used to work in a shipping depot--it's amazing how boxes get treated... I'd definitely use a little paint and touch up the chip (appliance epoxy paint works great and is tough stuff).

I'd move the swaybars to the top of the list. If the car has wheelhop we can look into LCA's, but if not they'd not be high on the list. SFC's and STB are personal--you won't break the car without them, but some folks swear by them, others notice not much difference when good shocks are on the car. So that's a 'maybe' to the top of the list.

Watts link is an actually suspension part, and if you are thinking of that we would want to use the adjustable rear bar instead of the hollow rear so you can better tune the car in. So if you are leaning this way we want to consider that when buying the bars.

The TA. Same kind of thing as the LCA's. If the car has no big traction issues and no hop, then we'll probably pass on it early on.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by MOE_TAWS6
Got the springs in on saturday! The car feels awesome with the springs and Koni's!
Glad to hear it... Don't forget to play with your shock settings after a while to see if you can find a setting you might like better--that's the point of having adjustable dampers.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I used to work in a shipping depot--it's amazing how boxes get treated... I'd definitely use a little paint and touch up the chip (appliance epoxy paint works great and is tough stuff).

I'd move the swaybars to the top of the list. If the car has wheelhop we can look into LCA's, but if not they'd not be high on the list. SFC's and STB are personal--you won't break the car without them, but some folks swear by them, others notice not much difference when good shocks are on the car. So that's a 'maybe' to the top of the list.

Watts link is an actually suspension part, and if you are thinking of that we would want to use the adjustable rear bar instead of the hollow rear so you can better tune the car in. So if you are leaning this way we want to consider that when buying the bars.

The TA. Same kind of thing as the LCA's. If the car has no big traction issues and no hop, then we'll probably pass on it early on.
Thanks Sam. That sounds good, I will have the watts link and sway bars(adjustable rear) on my next up list. I have Zero wheel hop issues. It'll be a bit cause my wife is dragging me to London for her sister's second wedding! There goes $2,000 down the drain She did let me get Koni 4/4's and your springs though
Old 04-23-2009, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Glad to hear it... Don't forget to play with your shock settings after a while to see if you can find a setting you might like better--that's the point of having adjustable dampers.

Yea, I will. I have the Front Rebound on 4 from full stiff, Compression on 6 (In the middle), and the rear rebound is on full soft right now. It feels great, minus this little feeling i get from the back of the car, as if it is a little light, so i might stiffen the rear a notch or 2.

Quick Reply: Strano Springs: "the next batch"