Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Needing some advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Needing some advice

Hey guys, I have some questions and hoping to get some answers. Here goes:

I have Spohn LCA's and a Spohn PHB on my Camaro. Both of these are non-adjustable. My car is currently getting some repair work done and I am also getting an Eibach pro-kit installed along with new Bilstein shocks on all 4 corners. My questions are:

1st-What kind of ride can I expect from the new springs and shocks. Do any of you that have this combo have any feedback on it? Do you like this set-up?

2nd-Would you guys recommend getting bigger sway bars? Maybe a new Torque Arm? Would I see a noticeable difference on the street under normal driving?

The more important question is: Will my non-adjustable LCA's and PHB work on a lowered car? Would I maybe want to think about getting an adjustable set? I already know that I will need to get relocation brackets for the LCA's

This is my DD and a purely street car with no track time intended whatsoever. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgt Drags
Hey guys, I have some questions and hoping to get some answers. Here goes:

I have Spohn LCA's and a Spohn PHB on my Camaro. Both of these are non-adjustable. My car is currently getting some repair work done and I am also getting an Eibach pro-kit installed along with new Bilstein shocks on all 4 corners. My questions are:

1st-What kind of ride can I expect from the new springs and shocks. Do any of you that have this combo have any feedback on it? Do you like this set-up?

2nd-Would you guys recommend getting bigger sway bars? Maybe a new Torque Arm? Would I see a noticeable difference on the street under normal driving?

The more important question is: Will my non-adjustable LCA's and PHB work on a lowered car? Would I maybe want to think about getting an adjustable set? I already know that I will need to get relocation brackets for the LCA's

This is my DD and a purely street car with no track time intended whatsoever. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
To answer your most important questions regarding the use of adjustable lcas and phb on a lowered car. You will need an adjustable panhard bar if your planning on lowering your vehicle, this will re center your rear.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

So..what your saying is if I would not have been so cheap in the first place and have gotten an adjustable one, I would not be in this predicament and have to buy a new one? Man life sucks....
Old 02-21-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgt Drags
So..what your saying is if I would not have been so cheap in the first place and have gotten an adjustable one, I would not be in this predicament and have to buy a new one? Man life sucks....
Lol well...Yea, you wouldnt of had this problem. Trust me, you live and you learn. And this leads to less money in the pocket
Old 02-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the info, looks like I will be on Spohn's website in the next few days to order a new one.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Not necessarily cheap, some ppl just dont need adjustable ones and feel that they can complicate things........who am I kidding, we are both cheap bastards! lol
Old 02-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by grey03mach1
Not necessarily cheap, some ppl just dont need adjustable ones and feel that they can complicate things........who am I kidding, we are both cheap bastards! lol
Exactly, when I bought the PHB I figured I was never gonna lower the car because of the SLP Long tubes on got on it. I just hope the Eibach/Bilstein combo works out good. I have not really read any truly negative posts about it. I was too cheap to go with the Strano/Koni combo.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

I just did the hose mod in the rear and upgraded to 18in wheels to help fill in wheel gap...turned out very well.

Quick Reply: Needing some advice