Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Subframe connector questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:16 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Subframe connector questions

I want some 3 point SFCs who what is the best set out there? (weld-in) also what is the big difference between tubular or boxed which is stronger?
Old 02-26-2009, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Raven97
I want some 3 point SFCs who what is the best set out there? (weld-in) also what is the big difference between tubular or boxed which is stronger?
Boxed are supposed to be stronger. I have boxed UMI, weld-in SFC's. I noticed a slight increase in stiffness and it makes it much easier to lift the car.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Banned

i would go with umi 3 point. i have them and they are great. i have had bmr spohn and hotchkis in the past. and umi is by far a better peice
Old 02-26-2009, 08:10 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

what is the big difference between tubular or boxed which is stronger?[/quote]

Hello, the boxed units are a stronger piece. The big difference between tubular and boxed connectors is that the boxed units will resist torsional twisting better than the tubular version. The one drawback is that the boxed units are heavier. The tubular version will provide you with better ground clearance. Hope that helps.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:48 AM
Launching!

Okay now another Question? is there really a major benefit for running a standard SFC versus a 3 point SCF, I would think that the 3 point would be much stiffer, am I right or does it not really matter?
Old 02-26-2009, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Okay now another Question? is there really a major benefit for running a standard SFC versus a 3 point SCF, I would think that the 3 point would be much stiffer, am I right or does it not really matter?
In theory I am sure the 3 point is stiffer but it's nothing you're going to feel.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Banned

i have a tunnel mont torque arm so i wanted the 3 point set up.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We feel we make the best 3-Point setup on the market. They are tubular and tuck up extremely well to prevent ground clearance issues. When we designed this set-up we actually took the time to bend the tubing around the floor to keep them fitting as tight as possible. This set-up ties into the rear control arm mount, front subframe and tunnel area. We have them in bolt in or weld in.

I attached a picture below and more pictures as well as installation pictures can be seen here- www.umuiperformance.com/2004

We also make a full line of 2-Point SFC's, boxed and tubular. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be glad to help.
Attached Thumbnails Subframe connector questions-2004.jpg  
Old 02-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
We feel we make the best 3-Point setup on the market. They are tubular and tuck up extremely well to prevent ground clearance issues. When we designed this set-up we actually took the time to bend the tubing around the floor to keep them fitting as tight as possible. This set-up ties into the rear control arm mount, front subframe and tunnel area. We have them in bolt in or weld in.

I attached a picture below and more pictures as well as installation pictures can be seen here- www.umuiperformance.com/2004

We also make a full line of 2-Point SFC's, boxed and tubular. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be glad to help.
I really like this one! will it fit with your torque arm tunnel mount/with DS loop?
Old 02-26-2009, 12:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like this one! will it fit with your torque arm tunnel mount/with DS loop?
Yes it sure will! That is what is was designed to do. With these SFC's the torque arm now bolts to the SFC's rather then the floor of the vehicle. With this set-up all the stress the torque arm applies to the floor is now applied into the SFC's instead. Its pretty much the ultimate set-up and we have a lot of fast cars on it

Let me know if I can help anymore. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 02-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Thanks for your help Ryan. Hopefully I will be able to give you a call after my tax return comes in.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Teching In

i was very impressed with the UMI 3 point SFC's i had. they fit the bottom of the car like a glove and were easy to install. i have never tried any other brands.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Thank you!

Originally Posted by bigredhelland
i was very impressed with the UMI 3 point SFC's i had. they fit the bottom of the car like a glove and were easy to install. i have never tried any other brands.
Hello
Thanks for the kind words! And glad that you are happy with the products.
Take it easy!
Brad
Old 03-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Teching In

yeah i know when i get my torque arm and SFC it will be the UMI 3 point bolt-ins and the tunnel mount with DSL....first need money....

damn that george bush for ruining our economy again....lol

Last edited by pontiac1998; 03-03-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: misspellings
Old 03-03-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whichever you go with, I would get the bolt-in version and weld it along with bolting it to the frame
Old 03-03-2009, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Ive been very impressed with UMI's parts. Ive got a full suspension from them and by far have the best parts. Fit and finish are perfect. Great choice.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Thank you!

Originally Posted by Bucksbadz
Ive been very impressed with UMI's parts. Ive got a full suspension from them and by far have the best parts. Fit and finish are perfect. Great choice.
Thank you! we really appreciate the comments. Glad you like the products.
Thanks Again
Brad

Quick Reply: Subframe connector questions