Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Lowering Springs, What shock

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 07:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Please learn how to quote...
Originally Posted by ItsGone97
Bilstein makes and sells shocks for lowered cars.... they sell them with lowering spring kits also. Im sure they would sell something they wouldnt advise putting on your car???????? Do some research outside of ls1tech.
Bilstein sure does make shocks for lowered cars, just not ours. Apparently in their catelog they used to state "not intended for lowering springs" for their HD shocks. And they removed that but didn't change anything about the shocks.

YESSSS!!! How did I know that if I ever dared come out and say anything about KONI's, everyone and their dog who spent 800 dollars on their shocks would come out and bash me... its ok... I have wide shoulders.
Honestly who is bashing?
Sam, of course everyone has nothing but good things to say about KONI's... would you say anything bad about something you paid twice as much as market price for? I have been sitting back and watching everyone jump on the bandwagon and shout everyone down for awhile now... KONIs are not the only option, and you can set up a car without KONIs to handle better than one with KONIs.... its been done, its a fact, deal with it.
I'm sure its possible with custom valved shocks, but do you have any examples of this?
Their is more than one way to skin a cat, and you dont need to spend 800 dollars on f-ing shocks to have a sleek, smooth ride. Its just like a lot of other products on LS1.... everyone jumps on the bandwagon and then, thats it, thats the only thing you can buy for your car.
You again don't seem to be getting it. Its not just about the absolute handling, its about the combination of build quality, warranty, and adjust ability of the shock.

SAM and JD: my argument about the better driver does hold water. It simply points out the fact that shocks are not the be all and end all, and that there are many factors going into how your car handles.
Of course there are many factors but shocks are one of the main ones.
JD- by saying that nobody but KONIs makes good shocks for f-bodies... you are bashing Bilsteins.. because they are ONE other brand that makes shocks for our LOWERED cars.
Where did I say that?
I think you guys are all a bunch of cheap asses anyways... why dont you go buy a real shock and get some Penske's. I mean, its better, and you wouldnt want to cut any corners would you?????
I would love to get some Penskes, but to my knowledge unfortunately they are not a "bolt right in" shock and you have to do some customizing. You may also have to have them custom valved, and I'm pretty sure there is no warranty with them, so if there is something wrong you get to buy a whole new shock.
While your at it, get coil overs.... wait... gut your car, light cars handle better right? If you people cant see that everyone has to decide how much money/time they want to spend on their cars, I am wasting my time.
That would be totally awesome but I don't know of any coil overs made for handling. Then you also have to choose your own rate and height and figure out what works best. As much as I would love to do this, at the time being I would rather just listen to a guy who has already done this and won multiple SCCA events with his own setup.

If you guys cared so much about handling, you wouldnt even own an f-body. If you want to go around a track fast, go buy a Y-body and stop wasting your time.
Whats wrong with making the car we own the way it should have come? Either way a Y-body is most likely going to be my next car...
THIS whole thing is a GodDamn joke anyways... I mean.. come on. Their are people on this website who cut their f-ing springs because they dont want to "waste" money on lowering springs. That is how much they care about spending money on their handling. Many others have stock shocks on the front and qa1's on the back because all they care about is going straight. To act like everyone should have KONI's and say things like "KONI is the only company that makes shocks for our cars" or "I wouldnt even own another F-Body without KONI's" give me a damn break... go make out with your rip-off shocks and leave the rest of us to not be sheep and find our own ways to be fast.
Yeah you're right, everyone that has tried other setups are wrong, and you with no experience of the matter are correct about setting a car up. Konis are such a rip off, I should have gotten KYBs with no warrenty, bad build quality and an adjustment **** that adjust both compression and rebound at the same time. Or maybe some Bilstien HD's and have a ride that is more loose and harder to control...

Sam- Never once did I say anything bad about your products or KONIs for that matter.
Um... You need to reread what you have wrote.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperNC24
bilstein says themselves not to use their shocks on lowering springs....no one said they aren't a quality shock, they are great for comfortable riding stock ride height applications.

Bilstein makes and sells shocks for lowered cars.... they sell them with lowering spring kits also. Im sure they would sell something they wouldnt advise putting on your car???????? Do some research outside of ls1tech.
go read what they say in their warnings for the shocks on OUR cars......its not that hard. I am not making a blanket statement about all bilstein shocks, just the application for our cars. WHERE THEY SAY THEY SHOULD NOT BE USED IN LOWERED APPLICATIONS! or at least they did in the past. Bottom line they don't have the valving to control lowering springs of the rates we use. Also, I think the SLP bilsteins are valved differently than regular bilstein shocks, so they are a totally different shock altogether. Making a blanket statement is retarded because I am sure that bilstein makes a lot of shocks valved for lowered cars in OTHER applications. Since ware talking about fbodies though, that is the ONLY application I was referencing.

Not everyone should have koni, but if you have the money, and you want the best confidence inspiring control and handling, then yes - You should. They totally transformed the entire feel of the car for me and made it SOOOO much easier to drive close to (and at) the limit. Not to mention they raised that limit quite a bit too....

And for the Penske mention, of course those are wonderful but that is a whole different ballpark, they are like what, $2500....koni will work for most street cars. The scale seems to be exponential, yes they are better, but the performance increase over the huge price gap is not the same as the performance increase from agx to koni over a much smaller price gap. And really, a lot of people do spend well over $1000 on a full exhaust because they want something nice....koni's are less than that, and IMO a better improvement.

and you continually misread and misinterpret. Koni is not the only option, it is just what the majority feel is the best option (they have made me look like a much better driver than I am). Sam has said again and again that he sells other options and has sold them for quite some time.........

Last edited by ThumperNC24; 05-07-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Please learn how to quote...

Bilstein sure does make shocks for lowered cars, just not ours. Apparently in their catelog they used to state "not intended for lowering springs" for their HD shocks. And they removed that but didn't change anything about the shocks.

Honestly who is bashing?

I'm sure its possible with custom valved shocks, but do you have any examples of this?

You again don't seem to be getting it. Its not just about the absolute handling, its about the combination of build quality, warranty, and adjust ability of the shock.

Of course there are many factors but shocks are one of the main ones.

Where did I say that?

I would love to get some Penskes, but to my knowledge unfortunately they are not a "bolt right in" shock and you have to do some customizing. You may also have to have them custom valved, and I'm pretty sure there is no warranty with them, so if there is something wrong you get to buy a whole new shock.

That would be totally awesome but I don't know of any coil overs made for handling. Then you also have to choose your own rate and height and figure out what works best. As much as I would love to do this, at the time being I would rather just listen to a guy who has already done this and won multiple SCCA events with his own setup.

Whats wrong with making the car we own the way it should have come? Either way a Y-body is most likely going to be my next car...

Yeah you're right, everyone that has tried other setups are wrong, and you with no experience of the matter are correct about setting a car up. Konis are such a rip off, I should have gotten KYBs with no warrenty, bad build quality and an adjustment **** that adjust both compression and rebound at the same time. Or maybe some Bilstien HD's and have a ride that is more loose and harder to control...

Um... You need to reread what you have wrote.

JD- No, I don't need to reread what I have written. I have only been making the point that KONI's are not the be all and end all. I have repeatedly said that the are a good product; and I never said anything about SAM, his lowering springs, or his shocks. Listen man, I could spend years arguing about this with you, and I know I would never get anywhere with you. I know that you are bought and paid for when it comes to KONI shocks and Sam Strano for that matter. You have been swinging off his ******* for years now.... I know you are a homer and you always will be. I guess if I spent that much money and time purchasing and defending a product, it would be hard for me to say anthing bad about it too.

In reference to your latest post.... 3/4 of it is just you agreeing with me or backpedling about what you said. As far as the last paragraph about "my experience". You have no idea my friend. Its not wise to spew about things you dont know anything about........ although you seem to be practiced at it.

I'll say it again, if you were so fanatical about your cars performance, you would buy better shocks than KONI. They are NOT the best ones out there.

I understand you got a woody when you put KONIs on your car.... but you could have gotten the same or better results with other shocks or a combination of other mods.

One final time; NOT EVERYONE NEEDS/WANTS TO SPEND 800 DOLLARS ON THEIR SHOCKS; YOU CAN MAKE A CAR WITHOUT KONIS HANDLE BETTER THAN A CAR WITH KONIS; AND KONI IS MOST CERTAINLY NOT THE ONLY COMPANY THAT MAKES QUALITY AFTERMARKET SHOCKS FOR LOWERED CARS.

You keep saying that you dont disagree that there are other companies out there.... and then you write 2 pages saying why there, practically speaking, are NO other options. If you belived that there were other options, you wouldnt even have started this in the first place, because thats the only point I have been trying to make.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ThumperNC24
go read what they say in their warnings for the shocks on OUR cars......its not that hard. I am not making a blanket statement about all bilstein shocks, just the application for our cars. WHERE THEY SAY THEY SHOULD NOT BE USED IN LOWERED APPLICATIONS! or at least they did in the past. Bottom line they don't have the valving to control lowering springs of the rates we use. Also, I think the SLP bilsteins are valved differently than regular bilstein shocks, so they are a totally different shock altogether. Making a blanket statement is retarded because I am sure that bilstein makes a lot of shocks valved for lowered cars in OTHER applications. Since ware talking about fbodies though, that is the ONLY application I was referencing.

Not everyone should have koni, but if you have the money, and you want the best confidence inspiring control and handling, then yes - You should. They totally transformed the entire feel of the car for me and made it SOOOO much easier to drive close to (and at) the limit. Not to mention they raised that limit quite a bit too....

And for the Penske mention, of course those are wonderful but that is a whole different ballpark, they are like what, $2500....koni will work for most street cars. The scale seems to be exponential, yes they are better, but the performance increase over the huge price gap is not the same as the performance increase from agx to koni over a much smaller price gap. And really, a lot of people do spend well over $1000 on a full exhaust because they want something nice....koni's are less than that, and IMO a better improvement.

and you continually misread and misinterpret. Koni is not the only option, it is just what the majority feel is the best option (they have made me look like a much better driver than I am). Sam has said again and again that he sells other options and has sold them for quite some time.........

Why are Penskes in another ballpark? A lot of people think KONIs (costing twice as much as other shocks) are out of their ballpark. I appreciate that you can admit that there are other options; however, usually when its said that there are other options; people are made to feel like idiots if they buy anything other that KONIs. This whole argument with JD is hilarious to me because I think KONIs are a great product and I will probably end up buying some at some point. I just hate it when people on here (and they do it often) push one product or product line just because thats what everyone else on LS1tech likes.....

By the way; when you say things about the "majority thinks KONIs are the best option", that is taking a really narrow view of the performance car world my friend. Just because a bunch of people on LS1TECH like KONIs.. that means absolutely nothing. LS1 is a tiny fraction of the aftermarket/performance car world; even for late model chevy performance cars. To many people get on here and then think this is where all the "car" guys hang out or something; like many other products that are pushed like crack-cocaine on here; KONIs are just one way amongst many of getting it done and getting it done right.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

like i said, exponential scale, and konis still cost $800...yeah, but penske cost $2500, more than 4x koni. Do you get 4x the benefit, I don't think so, and I can't afford to spend $2500 on shocks. I do however feel you get 2x the shock when you get koni over agx, yeah, i do.....that is what I believe and I will stick by it. Plus I never have to buy shocks again, even if i break em, I have a lifetime warranty.

you are missing what i said again, anything I have reference in this thread....or on this forum for that matter, is regarding the FBody platform. My friend with an E36 M3 has bilsteins on his and that car is a dream to drive....but for an fbody, I say Koni.

As far as shocks, I disagree...they are an integral part of how the car performs and how it drives in general and there are vast difference between brands. Does it matter what type of LCAs you have on? Probably not. What type of PHB you have, again, probably not? Shocks...it definitely matters.

have you ever been in a car with koni/agx/bilstein?

I agree I have a limited viewpoint as I have only been in koni and stock, but I know how big of a leap that is. And I have used the koni warranty and know that they stick behind the product no problem at all.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

JD- No, I don't need to reread what I have written.
You say you haven't bashed konis, yet you call them a "rip-off shock".

I have only been making the point that KONI's are not the be all and end all. I have repeatedly said that the are a good product; and I never said anything about SAM, his lowering springs, or his shocks. Listen man, I could spend years arguing about this with you, and I know I would never get anywhere with you.
You haven't gotten anywhere with me because you haven't shown me anything to back up the claims you make.

I know that you are bought and paid for when it comes to KONI shocks and Sam Strano for that matter. You have been swinging off his ******* for years now.... I know you are a homer and you always will be. I guess if I spent that much money and time purchasing and defending a product, it would be hard for me to say anthing bad about it too.
Internet rule #32: When backed into a corner without anything to defend yourself, resort to name calling.
Once I find something bad about the products I'll be sure to let you know, until then it was money well spent. But I guess I'm just a "homer" because I like to promote a good product and help other Fbody owners improve their cars.
In reference to your latest post.... 3/4 of it is just you agreeing with me or backpedling about what you said. As far as the last paragraph about "my experience". You have no idea my friend. Its not wise to spew about things you dont know anything about........ although you seem to be practiced at it.
Please do tell, I've been waiting for you to back your claims up.

I'll say it again, if you were so fanatical about your cars performance, you would buy better shocks than KONI. They are NOT the best ones out there.
And I'll say it again, If I find a better deal on better shock Ill be sure to buy it, but until then I really don't want to have someone custom valve shocks for me and then hack them/my car up to have them installed, and not have a warranty if they go out. If I were competitively racing my car I would love to buy multiple parts and try different setups to see how everything works and gain my own experience, but unfortunately I don't have enough money for something like that so for the time being I think I will listen to a guy who has already done this and won events doing so, do you think that's a bad idea?

I understand you got a woody when you put KONIs on your car.... but you could have gotten the same or better results with other shocks or a combination of other mods.
What other shocks? What other mods?

One final time; NOT EVERYONE NEEDS/WANTS TO SPEND 800 DOLLARS ON THEIR SHOCKS; YOU CAN MAKE A CAR WITHOUT KONIS HANDLE BETTER THAN A CAR WITH KONIS;
All else equal I don't see this happening with off the shelf shocks (this means no Penske or custom valved shocks). But if you can show me some proof Id really appreciate it.

AND KONI IS MOST CERTAINLY NOT THE ONLY COMPANY THAT MAKES QUALITY AFTERMARKET SHOCKS FOR LOWERED CARS.
Alright just to make things easy this time, please tell me who you feel makes aftermarket shocks for lowering springs for our cars.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

God this gets old.... I'm soooo damned tired of hearing from those who have no clue, and have never spoken to me, and have never taken the time to listen and learn acting like they know everything. And then they start calling others with experience with say, different shocks, nut-swingers or some stupid thing when they have the ***** to speak up.

It's attitudes like Itsgone97's that give internet forums bad names. Am I perfect? No. But I do my job well. I have knowledge that many people think is worth calling me for. I have proof I can set cars up. And many, many, many more customers who have experience with setups previous to working with me. What makes Itsgone97 such an authority? As JD_AMG stated, he's been waiting for something to back up him claims. Nobody has seen it. And if the claim is some other company saying X and Y together are fine, why does that hold more water than my claim? Oh that's right, because some folks just want to disagree with me.... It happens, but don't think for a minute you are going to get away with statements you cannot justify.

For those reading, let me make a suggestion. Ignore the huffing and puffing and pay attention the real world feelings and results of those that have tried various things, and what they have to say (and frankly how they explain things). There is no shortage of internet experts out there, and all it takes to proclaim you are one is a password and username.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 05-07-2009, 05:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Why are Penskes in another ballpark? A lot of people think KONIs (costing twice as much as other shocks) are out of their ballpark. I appreciate that you can admit that there are other options; however, usually when its said that there are other options; people are made to feel like idiots if they buy anything other that KONIs. This whole argument with JD is hilarious to me because I think KONIs are a great product and I will probably end up buying some at some point. I just hate it when people on here (and they do it often) push one product or product line just because thats what everyone else on LS1tech likes.....

By the way; when you say things about the "majority thinks KONIs are the best option", that is taking a really narrow view of the performance car world my friend. Just because a bunch of people on LS1TECH like KONIs.. that means absolutely nothing. LS1 is a tiny fraction of the aftermarket/performance car world; even for late model chevy performance cars. To many people get on here and then think this is where all the "car" guys hang out or something; like many other products that are pushed like crack-cocaine on here; KONIs are just one way amongst many of getting it done and getting it done right.

Just for the record, if you were check my website, you'd see I sell OTHER BRANDS of shocks other than Koni. In fact, I sell MORE OTHER BRANDS than most other companies do.

Are you saying that I should not explain to folks why I think Koni's are the best shock? Maybe explain nothing at all and let folks buy whatever they want and sorry if they are disappointed? I just hung up with a man I recommened Bilstein's to... not Koni's. Earlier today I told someone else for their needs if they couldn't do Koni's that AGX's would get them by. Are you surprised? Probably, because you apparently don't pay attention, or just want to think whatever you want regardless of what the truth is.

Most folks I talk to are GLAD I'm up front with them. But occassionally someone takes offense to the fact that I don't play the normal sales game of telling them what they want to hear.... Who wouldn't be happy if AGX's were equal to Koni @ half the price? I wouldn't mind, I sell those too (and I'd sell a lot more of them too if that were the case). But wanting it to be true does not make it true......
Old 05-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=Sam Strano;11560427]God this gets old.... I'm soooo damned tired of hearing from those who have no clue, and have never spoken to me, and have never taken the time to listen and learn acting like they know everything. And then they start calling others with experience with say, different shocks, nut-swingers or some stupid thing when they have the ***** to speak up.

It's attitudes like Itsgone97's that give internet forums bad names. Am I perfect? No. But I do my job well. I have knowledge that many people think is worth calling me for. I have proof I can set cars up. And many, many, many more customers who have experience with setups previous to working with me. What makes Itsgone97 such an authority? As JD_AMG stated, he's been waiting for something to back up him claims. Nobody has seen it. And if the claim is some other company saying X and Y together are fine, why does that hold more water than my claim? Oh that's right, because some folks just want to disagree with me.... It happens, but don't think for a minute you are going to get away with statements you cannot justify.

For those reading, let me make a suggestion. Ignore the huffing and puffing and pay attention the real world feelings and results of those that have tried various things, and what they have to say (and frankly how they explain things)."""

Up until now I had not said anything bad about you Sam. I mean, I dont get it man. What the hell is your problem? Why are you so sensitive? Once again, IF YOU WOULD PAY ATTENTION, the only point I have made is that KONIs (while being a good product) are not the only aftermarket shock for lowered cars. It was stated in the thread by someone that they were the ONLY one. I pointed out the fact that indeed there are numerous ones out there; and the rest of this happened.

"God this gets old.... I'm soooo damned tired of hearing from those who have no clue, and have never spoken to me, and have never taken the time to listen and learn" haha.. thats right, because you are the only one that can impart his wisdom upon others.. no one else knows **** except Sam Strano, right??

Its funny because I just emailed you a few days ago asking politely about a good time to call and talk about buying some shocks and springs from you. Your such a swell guy like everyone says... yeah... not that it means anything to a big timer like you, but you just lost a good-paying customer.

I dont think I am an expert... I think I have a mind of my own and I know how to use ... thats about it.

You guys keep asking about proof? Proof of what? I am just your average car guy who has done a little bit of everything and doesnt apprecitate being bullied and pushed towards one product or idea. That is it. What kind of proof did you want me to provide.... you guys got some kind of magical internet powder you spray on eachother so you know that everything that YOU say is true?? HAHA WOW Anything I said would not be listen to... just as it has not been.

Sam- all I did was say that KONIs are not the only option out there and that in my mind, they are not worth the extra money. Try acting like a professional. You and your cronies are the ones who turned this into a dick-measuring contest.

Nick
Old 05-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Just for the record, if you were check my website, you'd see I sell OTHER BRANDS of shocks other than Koni. In fact, I sell MORE OTHER BRANDS than most other companies do.

Are you saying that I should not explain to folks why I think Koni's are the best shock? Maybe explain nothing at all and let folks buy whatever they want and sorry if they are disappointed? I just hung up with a man I recommened Bilstein's to... not Koni's. Earlier today I told someone else for their needs if they couldn't do Koni's that AGX's would get them by. Are you surprised? Probably, because you apparently don't pay attention, or just want to think whatever you want regardless of what the truth is.

Most folks I talk to are GLAD I'm up front with them. But occassionally someone takes offense to the fact that I don't play the normal sales game of telling them what they want to hear.... Who wouldn't be happy if AGX's were equal to Koni @ half the price? I wouldn't mind, I sell those too (and I'd sell a lot more of them too if that were the case). But wanting it to be true does not make it true......

BTW nowhere in your response do you do anything to refute my points. All you do is state things that are obvious and that I myself have already stated, and then finish with some grand flourish about me being an internet noob or something of that nature. I KNOW you sell other brands , I KNOW AGXs are not as good as KONIs... I never said they were. But they are viable shocks for people who would rather cut their springs than spend a few hundred dolllars on lowering springs. God damn it you people are so ******* narrow minded its
Old 05-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

JD - I have nothing to say to you man. You want to argue just to argue. The only thing narrow is your mind. Just one more internet tough guy who loves his shocks.. hahah.. classic. You just couldnt stand someone saying that there were other options out there.. plain and simple
Old 05-08-2009, 12:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sam, no one's listening to this troll. And, I don't run your springs or shocks or know you from Adam. But, this troll is so blatantly just out to argue that it's pathetic. People should just ignore him so these threads don't turn into long ****-slininging matches.

To ItsGone97: Do not reply in this thread again. You made your point 3,000 words ago.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

uhhhhhh......I run the AGX's with Strano Springs and I love it, I have tested the koni's before and I simply like the AGX's more. I beleive it also comes down to WHAT the individual likes as well.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:38 AM
Teching In

Ponch why do you like AGX over Koni? I'm really interested in that kind of feedback not the slinging that's going on.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well truth be told and I think everyone will agree the Koni's are very firm which for some is great and I know they are are adjustable and you can adjust the firmness. But so can the AGX's granted it only has two settings but on the firm setting to me it's perfect I still have a little bit of softness I'm looking for.

My family is a F-body family and I have rode/drove just about all the set-ups and for a DD I think the AGX's are most comfortable which to me IS important.

Last edited by Ponch95; 05-08-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Sam, no one's listening to this troll. And, I don't run your springs or shocks or know you from Adam. But, this troll is so blatantly just out to argue that it's pathetic. People should just ignore him so these threads don't turn into long ****-slininging matches.

To ItsGone97: Do not reply in this thread again. You made your point 3,000 words ago.

Sharpe

If you would actually take the time to read (you do know how dont you?). You would see that I am not the one that started the arguing bullshit.

I am glad that you can see that I made my point 3000 words ago. However, none of the people that have been responding to it seem to want to acknowledge it. Since they cant refute facts... they want to smear me and say im a "troll" or a "noob" or an "internet genius" or whatever else.

"Dont post in this forum again" HAHA... yea... or what?

Nick
Old 05-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ponch95
uhhhhhh......I run the AGX's with Strano Springs and I love it, I have tested the koni's before and I simply like the AGX's more. I beleive it also comes down to WHAT the individual likes as well.
Simply amazing... someone has a brain, a free will, and personal preference. Get ready to be bashed by Strano and all his cronies.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'm not going to blast Ponch95.... I sell AGX's!!!!!!!!!!!! And he's entitled to his opinion. It's in the minority, however if that's how he feels that's fine. And here is the point you seem to keep missing..... Ponch95 has COMPARED BOTH and so is in a position to espouse and opinion I will accept.

bobbyd is an example of a guy here who changed the other way and much prefers the Koni's.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

I have experienced KYB's and Bilsteins but not KONIs. However, I am in the process of buying some. If nothing else, I have to buy some now..... after all this debate! I must know!

Good thread by "moderate z28". Shows I am not alone in the way I feel about shocks/suspension/Konis.

Nick
Old 05-08-2009, 01:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

whatever, you made your "point" clear. You want to bash on those who have, or recommend Koni's, without having tried them yourself.....

Have a nice day, I really don't have time to waste beating my head against a wall.

Quick Reply: Strano Lowering Springs, What shock