Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installed LCA relocation brackets, not centered

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Installed LCA relocation brackets, not centered

I installed them with the suspension loaded, and have the LCA's on the lowest holes. The measurements are as follows:

Drivers side:
-front of tire is 2 1/4"
-rear of tire is 1 1/4"

Passengers side:
-front of tire is 2 3/8"
-rear of tire is 1 1/8"

The wheels weren't centered before, but now its worse. I've got 28" tires on the way, that's going to pose a problem with the wheels not centered. How do I eliminate this problem?
Old 05-03-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ADJ. LCA's
Old 05-03-2009, 05:36 PM
TECH Addict

^^^ done and done!
Old 05-03-2009, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ybaslo1
ADJ. LCA's
That's what I was assuming, but not really sure how to go about it. Do drop both LCA's and adjust them accordingly and shove the rear forward? I couldn't get it to budge with 1 LCA hooked on either side.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Regular

you have to get adjustable lower control arms from bmr or umi and then put them on your car and adjust the wheel to the center of the wheel well.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does this generally happen? i have a set of brackets in the garage waiting for me to install but i rather not since school is keeping me from affording adjustable LCAs for now.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

your wheel is usually always off centered with non adjustable LCA's its not that big of a deal.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Launching!

so i sholdnt have a problem.. i just ordered some UMI relocation bolt on brackets and some BMR adjustable LCA's.. i can just adjust accordingly
Old 05-04-2009, 07:13 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up A suggestion for you!

Originally Posted by JoshuaCole67
so i sholdnt have a problem.. i just ordered some UMI relocation bolt on brackets and some BMR adjustable LCA's.. i can just adjust accordingly
Hello
You shouldn't have any problems with the relocation brackets. No to sure about the control arms! but when we ship out our adjustable LCA's they are pre-set to factory specs.What we recommend when installing LCA's do one side at a time. Doing so eliminates the rear end shifting problem. Just put jack stands under a good place on the frame letting the rear unload and use a floor jack to get the rear end back into position. Hope that helps
Thanks
Brad
Old 05-04-2009, 11:24 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshuaCole67
Give me a call when you get ready to do your install. I'll step you through the correct way to do it.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 05-04-2009, 03:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by cody161
you have to get adjustable lower control arms from bmr or umi and then put them on your car and adjust the wheel to the center of the wheel well.
I have adj LCA's. That's why I'm asking the advised method of adjusting them
Old 05-04-2009, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I installed them one side at a time, and my rear moved towards the rear of the car by about an inch. Is there any way other than adjustable lca's to move it back to where it was stock?
Old 05-04-2009, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

Lowering springs will do it. Do you have it in the lowest holes?
Old 05-04-2009, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

yeah lowest holes, stock springs with the hose mod.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:10 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up LCA Problem!

Hello
Did you compare the stock LCA's to the ones that you installed? If it shifted a inch you are probably rubbing the inner wheel well. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 05-05-2009, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

I still have the stock LCA's on, only thing I changed was the relocation brackets. I only have a half inch between the tire and the corner of the rear bumper cover (stock size tires on 16 inch rims) and there is about 2-3 inches between the tire and the back of the rocker panel. It wasn't 100% centered stock, but it did get worse after install.

Just trying to find out if there's anything to do to solve this before I spend money on adjustable LCA's.

edit: sorry if I jacked your thread 98.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by giiventofly
I still have the stock LCA's on, only thing I changed was the relocation brackets. I only have a half inch between the tire and the corner of the rear bumper cover (stock size tires on 16 inch rims) and there is about 2-3 inches between the tire and the back of the rocker panel. It wasn't 100% centered stock, but it did get worse after install.

Just trying to find out if there's anything to do to solve this before I spend money on adjustable LCA's.

i had this problem when i put my lower control relocation brackets on. i put my adj lca's in the bottom hole and i couldn't get my finger between the tire and rear bumber cover. i had to adjust my lca's alot to get the clearance. mine is not centered, i have more of a gap in front of the tire than the back.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I installed them one side at a time, and my rear moved towards the rear of the car by about an inch. Is there any way other than adjustable lca's to move it back to where it was stock?
I just installed mine today and now I have the same problem. The wheels are off centered in the wheel well.

We shouldn't need adj LCA's in order to use these right?

UMI, any suggestions? If the brackets are tight against the shock mount, it shouldn't matter how the rest was installed?

On mine it looks like the passenger side is worse. All I know is that the passenger side was difficult to get the bolt in while the suspension was loaded.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:32 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by No Juice
I just installed mine today and now I have the same problem. The wheels are off centered in the wheel well.

We shouldn't need adj LCA's in order to use these right?

UMI, any suggestions? If the brackets are tight against the shock mount, it shouldn't matter how the rest was installed?

On mine it looks like the passenger side is worse. All I know is that the passenger side was difficult to get the bolt in while the suspension was loaded.
Hello
When installing the Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets did you do one do one side at a time and make sure that the control arm is able to swing freely to move to the other locations. Because if you installed them by taking both lower control arms out and just mounted them in the lowest mounting hole that would offset the rear end and it might be in a bind! If you have any other questions or problems feel free to call in and talk to our tech dept. Jerry will be able to take care of you!
Thanks
Brad
Old 05-06-2009, 03:26 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Are all of you guys using the bolt-in or weld-in LCA relocation brackets???

I noticed when mocking up my weld-in ones last night there was a quite a bit of fore-aft movement. I guess with the bolt-in version this wouldn't be an issue...

Quick Reply: Installed LCA relocation brackets, not centered