Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brakes shot, lil street upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 02:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brakes shot, lil street upgrade?

My brakes are shot from high speed shut downs. My stopping power is bad and I feel that I need to do something new. I bled the system last year with some synthetic brake fluid so i think that should be good.

I don't want to spend too much. I want a setup lil better than stock as cheap as possible. Also, dont want brake dust. Rotors are a little shot too lil warpage (are the stock ones good enough to just have em turned?)

What should I do? Maybe just get the rotors turned and some hawk hps pads?
Old 06-02-2009, 06:22 AM
TECH Addict

any kind of better pads will make dust. you cant have one without the other. HPS are great street pads, but they dust. they go hand in hand. either turn the rotors or just buy new ones. theyre not expensive. even autozone cheapies will be fine for street use. if you want to upgrade that, tirerack sells brembo blanks for $73. (oddly enough, C5 blanks are only $54)

i have the C5 conv. i got a seat of satisfied OEM pads when they were on sale, $22 each for C5 pads. got them as a set of spares, just in case. after overheating my HPS on track, i threw on the OEMs, and they stop just fine. little dust because theyre ceramic.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here's another thread dealing with a similar problem. Good info: https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...de-needed.html