CTS-V Brake Install w/ Pics - Page 5 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion



Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

     
Old 05-13-2016, 02:45 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
 
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevoret Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Brake Guides

--

See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Brake Guides
Print Wikipost

CTS-V Brake Install w/ Pics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #81
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 582
Default

I actually have one question for you. Where did you get the studs and what length? I assume mine will have to be a bit shorter due to my offset being less than yours.
UAZ28SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #82
TECH Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
KurtRardin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 2,153
Default

Nice write-up and sweet car! Too bad they won't fit 17's

I guess I'll have to find some 18's I like...
KurtRardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #83
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Wesmanw02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAZ28SS View Post
I actually have one question for you. Where did you get the studs and what length? I assume mine will have to be a bit shorter due to my offset being less than yours.
The studs I got came with the wheel spacers in the Eibach Pro-Spacer kit, so I'm not sure on the exact length, I didn't measure them. They only make the Camaro/Firebird kit in 15mm, so even though you need 3mm less, thats all you can really get unfortunately.
Wesmanw02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #84
TECH Fanatic
 
Engine_HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Middle East.
Posts: 1,747
Default

what about a side shot zoomed in to the brake, wheels and tyres ONLY for fronts and rear


btw nice write-up
Engine_HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #85
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Wesmanw02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_HP View Post
what about a side shot zoomed in to the brake, wheels and tyres ONLY for fronts and rear


btw nice write-up
Well heres the front at least

Wesmanw02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #86
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 582
Default

Just ordered my setup! Thanks for all the info, Wes!
UAZ28SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #87
TECH Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
No Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Minnesota Corn Fields
Posts: 2,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesmanw02 View Post
The studs I got came with the wheel spacers in the Eibach Pro-Spacer kit, so I'm not sure on the exact length, I didn't measure them. They only make the Camaro/Firebird kit in 15mm, so even though you need 3mm less, thats all you can really get unfortunately.
So the spacer kit comes with new studs?

Do you know if the spacer kit is a hubcentric kit or does it use the studs to center the wheels?
No Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #88
Insurance Expert
iTrader: (53)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 7,732
Default

Very nice write up. I will make it a sticky here in a second, for sure a great resource with all the part numbers and pictures.

FYI..I can get those rotors ALOT cheaper through my local dealer connection for my business. If anyone sends me their CTS-V calipers to be powder coated for this conversion project, I will extend the majority of that discount to you and order the rotors, saving you money. Not going to do this unless I'm working on your calipers, would be something I'd do for customers only.
SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #89
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Juice View Post
So the spacer kit comes with new studs?

Do you know if the spacer kit is a hubcentric kit or does it use the studs to center the wheels?
The kit DOES come with the studs, and it IS hub centric. Need to order mine now... lol
UAZ28SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #90
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Wesmanw02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAZ28SS View Post
The kit DOES come with the studs, and it IS hub centric. Need to order mine now... lol
Exactly, you answered the question.

Studs included, and it is hub centric - which is critical when using wheel spacers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
Very nice write up. I will make it a sticky here in a second, for sure a great resource with all the part numbers and pictures.

FYI..I can get those rotors ALOT cheaper through my local dealer connection for my business. If anyone sends me their CTS-V calipers to be powder coated for this conversion project, I will extend the majority of that discount to you and order the rotors, saving you money. Not going to do this unless I'm working on your calipers, would be something I'd do for customers only.
Sounds good, thanks!!
Wesmanw02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #91
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 582
Default

One more question for you, Wes. I searched Advance Auto for the spacer kit using the part number, but the search came back with nothing. Is there any other number on the box that I could use to ID them on Summit? Summit has a TON of these kits... lol
UAZ28SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:28 PM   #92
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Wesmanw02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAZ28SS View Post
One more question for you, Wes. I searched Advance Auto for the spacer kit using the part number, but the search came back with nothing. Is there any other number on the box that I could use to ID them on Summit? Summit has a TON of these kits... lol
You would probably have to go to the store itself, I don't think the numbers will work on the website because they are a factory direct order.

I checked Eibach's website, Eibach's part number is 90.6.15.033.1, and thats the number that was stamped on the box.
Wesmanw02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:46 AM   #93
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesmanw02 View Post
You would probably have to go to the store itself, I don't think the numbers will work on the website because they are a factory direct order.

I checked Eibach's website, Eibach's part number is 90.6.15.033.1, and thats the number that was stamped on the box.
Perfect! Thanks!!
UAZ28SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:03 AM   #94
200+ MPH Club Member
iTrader: (18)
 
KILLER-LS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAZ28SS View Post
One more question for you, Wes. I searched Advance Auto for the spacer kit using the part number, but the search came back with nothing. Is there any other number on the box that I could use to ID them on Summit? Summit has a TON of these kits... lol
hey call Speed Warehouse, they are a local speed shop that with some really great guys to deal with, they will give you a good deal on them.

their number is 714-832-2419 just give them that eibach part number
KILLER-LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:46 AM   #95
TECH Fanatic
 
Engine_HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Middle East.
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesmanw02 View Post
Well heres the front at least

looks good, too bad it dosnt fit a 17" wheels.


thanks bro
Engine_HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #96
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1 View Post
hey call Speed Warehouse, they are a local speed shop that with some really great guys to deal with, they will give you a good deal on them.

their number is 714-832-2419 just give them that eibach part number
Found them for $129 shipped. Did a bunch of shopping around and that seemed to be the best price. Thanks for the info, though! I'll keep them in mind for next time!
UAZ28SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #97
Launching!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesmanw02 View Post
Well heres the front at least

What size and offset is that wheel?
some_punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #98
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Wesmanw02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_punk View Post
What size and offset is that wheel?
18" wheel, 56mm offset (stock F-body offset), 15mm wheel spacer.

So the total offset, with the spacer, comes out to 41mm.
Wesmanw02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #99
200+ MPH Club Member
iTrader: (18)
 
KILLER-LS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,462
Default

hey how long did it take you to get your brake lines? Ive called flynbye twice with no returned call
KILLER-LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:07 AM   #100
Launching!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesmanw02 View Post
18" wheel, 56mm offset (stock F-body offset), 15mm wheel spacer.

So the total offset, with the spacer, comes out to 41mm.
18x9.5?
some_punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CTS-V Calipers and 2010 Camaro SS Rotors TURBO6.0L Suspension & Brakes 131 11-27-2016 12:53 AM
Super Cheap Big Brake Kit - Info JasonWW Suspension & Brakes 458 07-17-2016 03:16 PM
Deer Park Car Meet Pix 02beastly-byrd Texas Members 48 04-06-2012 01:32 PM
LS3 Z-VETTE Build thread ness89 Conversions & Hybrids 9 02-14-2010 11:07 PM


Tags
2004, brake, brakes, c5, camaro, clearance, corvette, cts, ctsv, install, installation, pad, washers, wheels, z06

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: