Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Performance Hollow Bars: In stock, ready to ship

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 05:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Strano Performance Hollow Bars: In stock, ready to ship

Just had a run of Hollow bars arrive.

Not only are the Strano Performance bars the first set of 35/22mm bars for the 4th gen F-body, they are the lightest set of bars you can get. In fact a set of bars is lighter than stock GM bars because the stock rear bar is solid. A complete set (front *and* rear), boxed for shipping including all the hardware and bushings comes in @ 30 pounds.

The bars are powdercoated Gloss Black, and come with all new brackets and endlinks, including special high-durometer urethane bushings that help eliminate binding and stiction that other brands of urethane bushings cause.

Strano bars have won multiple SCCA National Championships, and been used on suspensions that have cut as much as 6.9 seconds from a 1998 Camaro's lap time from a 1:30 baseline (car also had Strano Springs and Koni shocks).

Front bar is $229. http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=126&ModelID=7

Rear bar is $199. http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=126&ModelID=7

Full set of Hollow bars (including a built in discount for purchasing the pair):
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=126&ModelID=7$415 for a pair plus shipping (location dependent please contact me for a quote if you need one). As always we charge what it costs us to ship, nothing more. No handling fees, no hidden costs, just straight freight.

In a world where Chrome-Moly option on suspension parts might save you a few pounds at the cost of $100, here you save 20 pounds for that money. Compare the weight savings for Hollow bars front and rear to solid bars front and rear, then think about lightweight front control arms. They save you LESS weight, at a much higher cost--and do nothing for roll control.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Last edited by Sam Strano; 07-14-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will you take a deposit sam?
Old 07-13-2009, 10:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

If we run out of bars, it's generally not for very long. Honestly, I wish I could take deposits and all that, but it makes for a ton of extra paperwork and reality is selling a set outright, as that's what I do here, has to take precedence.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
If we run out of bars, it's generally not for very long. Honestly, I wish I could take deposits and all that, but it makes for a ton of extra paperwork and reality is selling a set outright, as that's what I do here, has to take precedence.
right, right, I am still waiting on my DA's so there is no rush, Hopefully ( and yes I do keep telling you this) but in two weeks I should have some good cash flow, I hauled nothing but Asphalt today.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

So how much does the front bar save over stock correct me if i am wrong but the rear is solid right. if you save twenty pounds thats alot
Old 07-18-2009, 02:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snowedz06
So how much does the front bar save over stock correct me if i am wrong but the rear is solid right. if you save twenty pounds thats alot
I would like to know the weight savings compared to a stock set and your set.

GM front bars are hollow.

P.S. Do you think you'll ever have the option of different powder-coating colors for your bars down the road?
Old 07-18-2009, 01:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by snowedz06
Doesn't, both are hollow and the stock one is smaller. My bar minimizes the change from stock in front, saves weight in the rear. It's around 2-4 heavier than a stock front bar depending if you are comparing to a 30 or 32mm GM bar. About 5 pounds less than a stock rear bar, which is smaller and solid.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
I would like to know the weight savings compared to a stock set and your set.

GM front bars are hollow.

P.S. Do you think you'll ever have the option of different powder-coating colors for your bars down the road?

About 4-5 pounds depending on what bars you are comparing to.

Honestly, no. The bars are black, you are free to do what you wish with them, but it's a nightmare to do individual bars in different colors. I'm a function over form kind of guy.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

thanks
Old 07-22-2009, 12:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

About 4-5 pounds depending on what bars you are comparing to.

Honestly, no. The bars are black, you are free to do what you wish with them, but it's a nightmare to do individual bars in different colors. I'm a function over form kind of guy.
I hear ya. It's jus that some of us want something flashy or "show car-like" instead of plain black bars. I would at least consider doing them in both black and red at least.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:08 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Shiny black isn't showy?

Look, to be honest I'm a small business. The more parts I have to carry is more overhead, and more overhead means I have more costs to cover. I picked black because most folks don't want flashy. For instance, I think I sell 10 black Watts links for every red one.

I appreciate the fact that you want what you want. But it seems to often be overlooked that it takes both time and money, meanwhile folks are often thinking about the bottom line in the back of their heads. I have no in-house powdercoat program so it's not something that is really feasible for a small business.

I made the best product I could, and that's what matters most I thihk. Anyone is free to turn the bars green if they wish.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Teching In

the bars look great in the black powdercoat they did a nice job. Sam- finally got your bars, springs, the koni 4/4s, panhard and lca's on my car and all i can say is THANK YOU! my car now rides soooo much better than i remember it did when it was stock! your springs/ konis is 100% better than the eibach/ bilstein combo i put up with for the last two years. and the hollow sway bars make it one of the best cornering cars ive ever been in! it was all well worth the wait. my 12 bolt is now perfectly centered, the car launches like a beast, is actually quicker now and rides like a dream, thank you for making me appreciate this car again! I wish you sold more than just suspension as i would continue to buy ALL of my parts from you. you got another customer for life, thats for sure
Old 07-29-2009, 05:53 PM
11 Second Club

Just got mine in today! Shipped via fed ex had in 3 days from order! Cant wait to get them installed. I will post comments
Old 07-30-2009, 12:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Sam's bars are an AWESOME mod, you WILL feel the difference and there is no downside. I love mine.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Regular

what kind of difference were all of you seeing when you installed these? Is it noticable?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:02 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yes, it's noticeable which would be an understand. The bars are no less than 30% stiffer than stock SS/WS6/1LE bars, and up to 45% stiffer than a Z28/Formula front bar, and even more than that vs. V-6 bars.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Launching!

Yes, it's noticeable which would be an understand. The bars are no less than 30% stiffer than stock SS/WS6/1LE bars, and up to 45% stiffer than a Z28/Formula front bar, and even more than that vs. V-6 bars.
Just installed mine today and yes it's noticeable. Curves are fun

Thanks Sam
Old 08-07-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So tempted to get these.... but I think i should fix my stock PHB first

Quick Reply: Strano Performance Hollow Bars: In stock, ready to ship