Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

jegster torque arm?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jegster torque arm?

is the non adjustable version a good product or is it a joke? i havent really heard much about it.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Never actually saw that one. I keep trying to find a major problem with it, but I don't see anything outstanding.

The one thing that I might be a LITTLE wary of is to make sure that the tunnel-mount is thick enough.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram
Never actually saw that one. I keep trying to find a major problem with it, but I don't see anything outstanding.

The one thing that I might be a LITTLE wary of is to make sure that the tunnel-mount is thick enough.

ya, i was kind of wondering about taht too. i was also thinking about making some metal strips to bolt too on the inside but if it wasnt nescisary i wasnt going to waist my time with it
Old 07-23-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, I've got an Unbalanced Engineering Decouple Torque Arm, the race version. Basically, a torque arm very similar to that one attaches to a bracket that's bolted with 3 bolts to one side of my tunnel. Now, on the other side is another bracket that is welded to my roll cage. But, the fact is that only 3 bolts hold one to the other. And it stands up to some pretty bad abuse (I'm not kind to my racecar).

If mine holds up, I'd think that would, too. It looks like it uses a dozen or more bolts. One thing you "may" want to do is grab a scrap of 1/8" plate, mimic the bolt pattern, and use it on the inside of the tunnel. I'd think just one plate on one side of the tunnel and one on the other. No need to attempt to curve it up and over.

That may be overkill, but it'll cost $15 for scraps like that at Lowes or Home Depot (cheaper if you can find a metal shop).
Old 07-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram
Well, I've got an Unbalanced Engineering Decouple Torque Arm, the race version. Basically, a torque arm very similar to that one attaches to a bracket that's bolted with 3 bolts to one side of my tunnel. Now, on the other side is another bracket that is welded to my roll cage. But, the fact is that only 3 bolts hold one to the other. And it stands up to some pretty bad abuse (I'm not kind to my racecar).

If mine holds up, I'd think that would, too. It looks like it uses a dozen or more bolts. One thing you "may" want to do is grab a scrap of 1/8" plate, mimic the bolt pattern, and use it on the inside of the tunnel. I'd think just one plate on one side of the tunnel and one on the other. No need to attempt to curve it up and over.

That may be overkill, but it'll cost $15 for scraps like that at Lowes or Home Depot (cheaper if you can find a metal shop).
i think there is 14 bolts holding it up, ive got some left over plate steel from when we put a new blade on our dozer that i can use. so i might do that just for good measures
Old 07-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Teching In

I have one on my car, and it is an ok piece. I used the big fender washers on the inside of the interior rather than using a plate(was too lazy to go back to the store). Yes the metal is thin there and a plate would prolly be a good idea and make sure you use lock washers. Mine hasnt shifted at all yet so it does hold up well.
If i had to install it all over again I would eye ball your pinion angle when you toss it in before drilling any holes. Get the front plate to as close to the pinion angle that you want, then measure/drill the holes. I just rammed it against the tunnel and installed it which was around +1angle. Good luck.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got one on my car, got the angle set at -2 and the car 60s 1.5s all day suppasix is rite you need to watch ur install, make sure u got that slider about a inch out when you drill your hole or you will be drilling another set!!! good luck
Old 07-28-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of my friends had one on his 9sec lt1 car it held up great with some hard launches and big wheelstands!
Old 07-28-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 204 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I had one on my 96 lt1, nice and smooth on the street, plants HARD when you throttle it! I dropped .3 tenths in the 1/4 switching to it(back when it was bolt-on only).