Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

just finished installing eibach sportline kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default just finished installing eibach sportline kit

i just finished installing my eibach lowering springs.. and just wanted to say its def worth the money and time its a great mod.. my car sits perfect now and nothing scrubs and handles a bit better and rides a lot smoother.. but installing them is def time consuming
Old 08-22-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get ready for a bunch of people to give you crap. As long as you like it.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by uLs1a
Get ready for a bunch of people to give you crap. As long as you like it.
+1. everyone will flame you. i have them on my car and they definetely sit low as hell, but look good. i'll be swapping my fronts out soon b/c now that i have LT's i have no clearance at all.

got any pics of your car after the sportlines?
Old 08-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

yeah ill upload some later this afternoon... why people give crap?? just dont like it or what
Old 08-23-2009, 10:50 AM
11 Second Club

I'm goin to Sportlines here shortly...I love the stance they give!!
Old 08-23-2009, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 828ls1formula
yeah ill upload some later this afternoon... why people give crap?? just dont like it or what
Because they are basically an appearance mod.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

way too soft for how low they are. not good for handling. are you still on stock shocks?
Old 08-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

yeah shocks are still stock didnt have enough money to upgrade those to
Old 08-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Last edited by 828ls1formula; 08-29-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

Fixed.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

looks good. now i don't wanna come off as a jerk when i say this but it kinda seems like you didn't do your homework before purchasing. it's hard for me to believe that someone with an ms3 and 4.10's doesn't care about performance. just so you know those springs will not help anything in any way other than looks. going that low will throw off the rear suspension geometry making launching less than ideal. also, besides just being too soft for how low they are they'll also cause the stock shocks to wear out even quicker. stock shocks are pretty crappy to begin with so when they go it's even worse. also your rear is now probably quite a bit off center unless you have an adjustable phb. i'd definitely recommend new shocks, lca relocation brackets, and an adjustable phb sometime in the future. those will help some but overall they're just not the best thought out spring.

i'm not calling anyone who buys sportlines stupid, just letting you know why they are so unpopular here
Old 08-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

idk why ur hatin so much.. each person has different opinions.. in my opinion it looks good and rides alot better, and your obviously not a fan of them. But i still dont understand why you have to be so negative when i posted i didnt ask for opinions i was just stating i was happy with a new mod.. i dindnt buy them for performance i bought them cause they give the car a bad *** stance and next mod will be either heads or intake so btw "some one with an ms3 and 4.10's" does care about performance and i did do my home before purchasing
Old 08-23-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

idk why ur hatin so much.. each person has different opinions.. in my opinion it looks good and rides alot better, and your obviously not a fan of them.
it's not just an opinion, it's the design of the product. I guess i'm just biased because i like cornering. I now know you just bought them for looks, that’s fine it’s your car not mine. I'm glad you're happy with them.

i still dont understand why you have to be so negative when i posted i didnt ask for opinions i was just stating i was happy with a new mod
You did ask…

why people give crap?? just dont like it or what
I clearly stated…

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
li'm not calling anyone who buys sportlines stupid, just letting you know why they are so unpopular here
Now finally…

i dindnt buy them for performance i bought them cause they give the car a bad *** stance and next mod will be either heads or intake so btw "some one with an ms3 and 4.10's" does care about performance and i did do my home before purchasing
not trying to start anything here....but why instead of buying the rest of the parts to necessary to make your suspension capable of properly handling the power your car already has, would you go ahead and spend that money on more power? There’s more to “performance” than dyno numbers. That’s what I was getting at from the beginning.

I am NOT flaming you. I’m not trying to knock you down. I know you posted this thread to show people what you did to your car and that you’re excited about it. I’m not trying to make you feel bad about it or regret it. those springs really do look very good. I was answering your question honestly and fully so you would know the downfalls and what to expect. Let’s all be friends i'm not trying to bash you.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

deal i just misunderstood i guess.. its no biggie to me.. and yes engine mods would be better.. but for the price of the kit what would u buy for performance??
Old 08-24-2009, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

haha sorry i didn't mean to come off as a jerk.

i'm not fully understanding that post though^^^
Old 08-25-2009, 11:53 AM
12 Second Club

Looks good bro, but they suck at the track. I could never hook up when I had them.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
haha sorry i didn't mean to come off as a jerk.

i'm not fully understanding that post though^^^
i was saying for the price i paid to lower my car what performance mod would you chose?
Old 08-26-2009, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

ooo okay that's what i thought. it's hard to say as i don't know what you do with your car(drag, daily drive, autox, etc.) or if you have any traction issues or anything.

these cars do sit wayyyy too high though so i understand why you wanted to lower it haha. i'd really just recommend picking up some relocation brackets to help correct the angle. after i lowered my car i had insaneeee traction problems until i got them haha.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Eibach sportline are not very good.The drop they give looks cool but thats all.It's your car and if you like them that's all that counts.A lot of people get sick of them after a while.
You have to make yourself happy not anybody else.That is what it's all about.If they work
for you than that's cool.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

"People tend believe what they want to believe, and the truth is usually a close kept secret."

Ever hear that?

I think it looks good, and if you are happy then who cares.

It becomes amusing seeing members take rumors or opinions and interpret them as facts.

I can only say this...perform the research, assess the results and make your own decisions.

Quick Reply: just finished installing eibach sportline kit