Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

sway bar bushing to frame bracket p/n?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sway bar bushing to frame bracket p/n?

I was installing my new Strano front sway bar today when i noticed that the bolts going into the bushing bracket were not going in straight and were reaching their torque setting far too early. I discovered that the actual piece thats mounted to the frame with the square bolts is somewhat bent. This is not the bracket that the sway bar bushings rest in, but the piece that the bushing bracket connects to via two 13mm bolts. Plus, both sides are also rusting pretty good. Does anyone have the part number for these?
Old 10-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

P.S. This is the bracket that is actually bolted to the frame.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

bump. anyone know?
Old 10-11-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

These? I'm not aware of another vendor which offers upgraded brackets. I tore my driver side twice before switching to these units maybe 2 years ago and no problems since then. Else my parts manual says GM part #10164101, although it may have been superceded.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:36 AM
Staging Lane

Yes thanks man your a life saver. Im definitely gonna get those upgraded ones.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I never looked or thought about this bracket till tonight. my motor is out and before I put everything back together I figured I'd clean up all my front suspension and I noticed the same brackets are bent on this car. I checked my buddy's camaro and his pass side is bent too. What the hell?! The stock "bracket" is so freak'n weak looking considering it was holding the car to a 32mm sway bar. PLUS, I'm about to put in a solid 35mm! I'm going to keep looking but, I've never noticed an aftermarket bracket to fix this with the exception of the above link. Seems like it should be a standard part to upgrade if your doing any major suspension mods, ESPECIALLY larger sway bars, no? UMI? BMR? SPOHN? STRANO? why aren't you guys making these?

I'm curious now if anyone else has never thought to pay attention to these brackets being straight or not...

Here's some photos of the ones on my car... jeesh! need to beat these back straight. Seriously need to weld in a plate like the link about to strengthen it I guess.

Last edited by hyperzone; 06-01-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, I have seen it. I installed a solid 35mm on my friends car, and after a track day he said it was clunking. I put it up on the lift and the bracket was broken. I found blaine fabrication and ordered a reinforced set for him, problem solved. The pass side gets real rusty from battery acid etc.. and the big bar is hell on 'em.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JimMueller
These? I'm not aware of another vendor which offers upgraded brackets. I tore my driver side twice before switching to these units maybe 2 years ago and no problems since then. Else my parts manual says GM part #10164101, although it may have been superceded.
Awesome! Didn't know this problem even existed. I was trying to find a set of factory's since mine were pulled and sold for weight back when we were racing it alot. Thanks for the link, gonna order some Monday!

Chris

Quick Reply: sway bar bushing to frame bracket p/n?