Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need suspension advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^thanks for the help, I was wondering why dipshit was bitching at me about not having konis or bilsteins when I said I wantd to go straight. I will look in to the TA more then, I am going to check with midwest chassis and see what they can do for me.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem

~Jim~
Old 10-26-2009, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by johnLs1camaro
^thanks for the help, I was wondering why dipshit was bitching at me about not having konis or bilsteins when I said I wantd to go straight. I will look in to the TA more then, I am going to check with midwest chassis and see what they can do for me.
Who's the dipshit? The guy offering advice learned from first hand experience or the guy who put lowering springs with stock shocks yet says he only cares about going straight?
No need to be an ***, you're the one who asked for advice...I was making a point based on my hard learned lesson and sharing it with you.

Fact is, Bilsteins are a stock replacement shock - they just happen to do EVERYTHING better than the POS de Crapons. They will also last MUCH longer than the QA1s, which are not good quality pieces. The fact also is, you can have your cake and eat it too if you play your cards right. If you want to drop coin, go with the Afcos, which are quality like the Konis, but more for drag applications. Finally, there are numerous folks with Konis and Bilsteins cutting 1.6 short times, and better.

I don't care what you want to do with the car, shocks should be first, they are the worst part of the car.

Last edited by jmilz28; 10-26-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ I want a 1.40 sixty which a drag shock can get me there. no offense, was being an ***, I was just saying in the last post. I was looking for something that makes my car handle better, just something that helps me get that 60ft better.

Just seem like your were being an before that, my bad if i took it wrong.

Quick Reply: Need suspension advice