Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Thoughts on Mov It brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got any pics of the rear kit on the car? Also does it keep the E brake?
Old 12-21-2003, 10:09 PM
roy
TECH Resident

Just so happens i do have a pict. this maybe different than some as this is the gt2 kit . I also uses a different park brake, it Is from the lambo
Old 12-21-2003, 10:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Looks pretty sweet to me.

So then what calipers are those? Are those the rear calipers from a GT2 Porsche? Do you have any pics of the install....as to how they mount on the axle end?
Old 12-22-2003, 01:39 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Those are the 993 gt2 also known as the big reds. If u go to the movit sight u will se a couple of install pictures of the bracketry . Its basically a new plate that that is cnc machined to accept the caliper and park brake assembly. Very professional and very accurate fit.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Would that change the friction properties and thus reduce stopping power?
I have done some looking into this. It seems there are alot of mixed opinions on the subject. A well respected source within the community believes cryogenic processing should not be performed on anything requiring friction in order to operate. He cited brake rotors and pads specifically as being two of the things that should not be treated.
That being said many people do in fact do this to their brake rotors and perceive no ill effects. This may be something that comes down to personal preference.
In light of the information I have found I believe the friction coefficient of any ferrous metal treated would have to be changed somewhat. Since we are talking specifically about brake rotors.It seems this loss of braking capability (if in fact there is a loss) could easily be offset with the use of a more aggressive pad material .
Depending on the increase in life you see as a result of the cryogenic processing from the rotor with the more aggressive pad material it may or may not be worth it to you. More testing is neccessary in my opinion.

I have decided I would like to know more about this and I will be treating the next set of rotors I install to see what will happen.

thanks

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Mov It brakes