Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Reybestos Quiet stops/Brute Stops/Wagner

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Reybestos Quiet stops/Brute Stops/Wagner

Ok, getting near time for front pads. I have heard good things about the Reybestos QS pads. Seem to be equal to OE as far as stopping and little to no dusting.
Anyone used the Brute stops or the Wagner Thermo Quiet? how do they stop, dust compared to OE ?
Thanks
Old 12-16-2003, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had the quiet stops for a few months & hate them as they dust more than the factory pads...

I'm not hard on them either...

Dave
Old 12-16-2003, 05:49 PM

I've had the Raybestos Brute Stop pads on all the way around on my 1LE since 4/6/02. I love them they are good stopping pad for the street. They don't make noise, never did. The brake dust is manageable. I consider the dust mild if not minor. They are much better at slowing a street car in high performance use. They are not a race pad, and they say that on the box. I highly recommend them. They do not eat up a set of OEM rotors either. My rotors still look good. They hold up in the Texas heat very well. I installed them along with Goodridge G-Stop teflon brake lines at the same time, and it did make a world of difference. I also flush my system every 12 months also. I believe the pad part numbers are #BD749M. There was a misunderstanding from the parts guy when I bought them as he tried to sell me regular Raybestos pads, which isn't what I wanted. "Happy Haulin' "
Old 12-16-2003, 06:00 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000Firehawk
I've had the quiet stops for a few months & hate them as they dust more than the factory pads...

I'm not hard on them either...

Dave
Dave, something's not right. I have ran the QS's on my cars for years and LOVED them. The closest thing to a GM pad IMO. Are you sure you have the Quietstops, or maybe the Brutestops?

FWIW, I have ran QS on my car since I have owned it and love them. Ran them on my LT1 and loved them too...

josh
Old 12-16-2003, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've got a set of Raybestos Quiet Stops on mine, and they are a great stand in for the factory pads, for a little ($10 to 20) less money.

Low dust just like factory, and quiet just like factory.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:11 AM
On The Tree

I had the Quite Stops, and they are adequate if you're not too aggressive of a driver.

I had the Brute Stops, and they stopped great, but they squealed a lot, and they wore out in no time at all. They wore out so fast, and made so much noise, that I wore the fronts down to the backing plates.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:00 AM
On The Tree

Thanks all! So, no one done the Wagner pads?
Old 12-17-2003, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Just replaced front brakes on my Firehawk last week.
One rotor turn too many from the dealer for my taste.
Delco OEM rotors $67 each.
Set of Delco Premium Pads $83 the pair.
Install $35 per side.
Nope, they don't look as perty as them crossdrilled or slotted rotors, but they are factory warranty parts and will last as long as the car, I'm sure.
For a lotttt less money.

Quick Reply: Reybestos Quiet stops/Brute Stops/Wagner