Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS Delete?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

01wssick, up to an 8 page direction book is included with all kits. We do not have downloadable forms. It's actually very easy to follow as most of it that needs preassembled is completed.

Mook99ta, normal daily driving is not affected...as with road race applications, it can increase performance since you now can tune your brake bias whereas when it was stock...there is no tune. Make major changes on the car...the ABS controller still thinks it’s running stock so it bases its feedback from false information. Think of it as putting an aftermarket cam in the engine. You really can't get full potential of the cam's performance if you don't tune the engine computer. The brake computer (EBCM is completely separate and not tunable).

cals400ex, if you run a variety of sized tires, the ABS system will be reading a signal which it not accurate and true. In these situations, the ABS system will activate when you don't want it to...which can decrease brake performance. Let’s say you're even running a varied tire size that is just small enough not to set the ABS lamp off...your brake system will not be working correctly and will not react properly to help you stop in a more controlled shorter distance. Now if you could tune ABS, that would be great...there is no tuning software available for the OEM units.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Teching In

HEY GUYS, I KNOW YOU ARE DISCUSSING ABS AND YOU ALL SOUND LIKE WHAT YOUR DOING SO I NEED ADVICE ON A PROBLEM I'M HAVING WITH MY BRAKES.

I posted a thread on it, I said on my 2004 Avalanche (2wd) all my wheels are locked up. It will not roll at all. It happened when I came to a normal stop at a red light. It was making horrible clicking and grinding noises and when I got home that was it, all 4 wheels are stuck. Does this sound like ABS failure? Or something else? The ABS light isnt on fyi. We disconnected the ABS module and still nothing, accept making the light come on. So confused...Please email me at mlakkios@live.com I really appreciate any information you can give me!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Very weird problem. the only thing i could think which ive never seen is that a seal rolled over in your master cylinder. therefor not letting the fluid pressure bleed off when you let off the pedal. but dont quote me im just throwing this out there. try undoing the lines at the master and see what happens.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:22 AM
Teching In

I know a mustang owner that machines aluminum ABS delete manifolds, blocks for many different makes/models...
Old 04-05-2011, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vivid
I know a mustang owner that machines aluminum ABS delete manifolds, blocks for many different makes/models...
We've got a sponsor on here that also do this

Quick Reply: ABS Delete?