Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SLP Bilstein $409.99 shipped

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Yeah, I'm shady. Meanwhile you are always looking for a deal--remember your swaybars and the deal I made you there? I guess you aren't happy unless you get your way.

And for your information the pricing structure does change, depending on what I have on order, and the fact I held the price on a full set with shipping included despite a pricing change on my end somehow makes me a shady? Ok, then I'm shady. Sheeh.
What the hell are you talking about, I paid the price that you have listed on your website like everyone else. The only difference is I asked if you had a military discount. You said NO and I purchased anyhow! At this point I guess I wish I wouldn't have.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pjb
Sam - I sometimes wonder how you put up with some of the morons on here and the abuse they hand out.

Thanks for my most recent purchase, the UMI adjustable torque arm! Finally got my rear back together and will be able to test it out over the next few days, along with my Strano springs/Koni setup I got from you.
As for you **** head you can go **** yourself. I don't need some nut hugger calling me a moron. I was stating the facts in the post if you would like to take the time and read the post, there are different prices offered from what I was given is all I was stating. I'm not going to pay more money for the same product that another member got $50 cheaper not including the outragious shipping quote that was given this time around. Come on, it doesn't cost $25 to ship 2 ******* shocks when I just got them shipped for $7.50 from the ws6 store. I could care less at this point. You all can go **** your self's if you dont want to read in between the lines. I dont need your business!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:28 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 94BlueZ28
As for you **** head you can go **** yourself. I don't need some nut hugger calling me a moron. I was stating the facts in the post if you would like to take the time and read the post, there are different prices offered from what I was given is all I was stating. I'm not going to pay more money for the same product that another member got $50 cheaper not including the outragious shipping quote that was given this time around. Come on, it doesn't cost $25 to ship 2 ******* shocks when I just got them shipped for $7.50 from the ws6 store. I could care less at this point. You all can go **** your self's if you dont want to read in between the lines. I dont need your business!
I just think its cowardly to take cheap shots at somebody on a public forum. I read your posts. Sam explained the prices do change depending on inventory and other issues. Sam is not Walmart or some other mega franchise, he's the little guy that is here to help and serve the community, and needs to make enough money to stay in business. His service to us all, and especially when you become a customer, is unequalled. Hopefully attitudes like yours won't have everyone cheaping out and making Sam close his doors. I like deals and saving money as much as the next guy, and Sam has made some deals for me. Have you ever shipped anything? $25 to ship shocks is not unreasonable, $7.50 would be below actual cost. Some people (Sam included sometimes) offer free shipping, but that doesn't make somebody charging shipping charges a thief or "shaddy".

I support Sam when I can, and hope others do to, so he can stay in business and provide the service and expertise he is widely known for. If that makes me a "nut hugger" in your mind then you need to get your head out of your ***. Go back to school (or finish school) and get a better job so you can afford the couple of extra bucks it might cost to get the best products and service/support.

Dismissed.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pjb
I just think its cowardly to take cheap shots at somebody on a public forum. I read your posts. Sam explained the prices do change depending on inventory and other issues. Sam is not Walmart or some other mega franchise, he's the little guy that is here to help and serve the community, and needs to make enough money to stay in business. His service to us all, and especially when you become a customer, is unequalled. Hopefully attitudes like yours won't have everyone cheaping out and making Sam close his doors. I like deals and saving money as much as the next guy, and Sam has made some deals for me. Have you ever shipped anything? $25 to ship shocks is not unreasonable, $7.50 would be below actual cost. Some people (Sam included sometimes) offer free shipping, but that doesn't make somebody charging shipping charges a thief or "shaddy".

I support Sam when I can, and hope others do to, so he can stay in business and provide the service and expertise he is widely known for. If that makes me a "nut hugger" in your mind then you need to get your head out of your ***. Go back to school (or finish school) and get a better job so you can afford the couple of extra bucks it might cost to get the best products and service/support.

Dismissed.
Whatever, I'm glad to see I serve the country for folks like you! People like you should be put on the front line in my opinion that bash us and make it out to be like we dont do enough! We are under paid for the sacrafices we make all though since 1% of the country is military most wouldn't get it. I'm over it. Not trying to be a cheap skate but I found a better deal else where. Good luck with future sales I wont be a part of it though! Thanks for the sway bars I do appreciate that!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 92 Posts

I guess you don't remember I split shipping cost with you? Or that the price of the bars themselves had previously dropped?

Nevermind. It's not worth it.

That said: I sincerely thank you for your service to the United States.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 04-02-2010, 02:01 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

I also take my hat off to you for your military service, I didn't know about that. Hopefully the work I do on this end benefits you guys on that end.

but really, don't call Sam shady on a public forum, he's a stand up guy.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Whatever, I'm glad to see I serve the country for folks like you! People like you should be put on the front line in my opinion that bash us and make it out to be like we dont do enough! We are under paid for the sacrafices we make all though since 1% of the country is military most wouldn't get it. I'm over it. Not trying to be a cheap skate but I found a better deal else where. Good luck with future sales I wont be a part of it though! Thanks for the sway bars I do appreciate that!
Not trying to be a dick, but, No one owes you a thing. YOU made the choice to join the military, no one forced you to go. We all choose our path's, you knew what your's would entail when you signed your life away to The United States.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pjb

Dismissed.
I agree 100%......
Old 05-11-2010, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Sam, i have a 97ws6 formula. I'm very interested in the SLP spec set, would it work with my stock springs? Stock springs do have some mileage on them, but aren't rusty and ride quite well still. What springs do the 97 ws6's have stock? Thanks.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by oldNslow89TA
Sam, i have a 97ws6 formula. I'm very interested in the SLP spec set, would it work with my stock springs? Stock springs do have some mileage on them, but aren't rusty and ride quite well still. What springs do the 97 ws6's have stock? Thanks.

They will work with stock springs... And is sounds like your springs are fine, if they were not the first issue you'd see is them sagging.

Stock WS6 springs circa 1997 I believe would be 1LE springs. But GM always monkeyed around.... sometimes you'd get a car that didn't have what a lot of others had. Seems they tended to use what was in stock. Really no way to know for sure without a part number or comparing them to a known set of 1LE's side by side.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:45 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Oh yeah... they shocks are still on sale for $409.99/set shipped. I have 10 sets in transit to my shop right now.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

just sent my order through, thanks. Any idea when those will ship out?
Old 05-11-2010, 02:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

They should be in my shop in the next few days, will ship just as soon as I can get them labeled and back out the door. I'm pretty sure they'll be out of here by week's end.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for not answering my PM sambo, i guess i wont be ordering stuff from you now
Old 06-29-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Enough of the foul language in your previous posts already, keep to the facts and keep it professional. You have free will to choose the vendors you want to purchase from.

You choose by free will your career path, nobody forces you to make that choice. Nobody who goes into public service is supposed to get rich from it.

I won't even start about the value of "serving" in all these undeclared offensive imperialistic wars and how we waste money on millitary bases and operations in 140 countries with over 761 bases just to make the bankers & military industrial complex rich. The only Constitutional war is declared by Congress and for defense. Oops, I started.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Just buy the konis. The bilstein aren't worth it. Their not an option, bilstein flunked. Had takeoff decarbons which were better.

Had installed Monroe sensatrack, under $300. Had to return them, complete crap. Will sell car later but even then weren't acceptable.
Installed the bilstein HD from summit in a hurry for $470, ouch. Sam was not in stock. Bilstein don't work either. My stock 2000 SS bounces everywhere. Sam said to buy KYB for their adjustability but latter claimed the bilstein rode better. I can't verify if KYB firmly set would have been stiffer.

Also bought and had to return Pep boys prostop ceramics. Would not stop car. Bought again Hawk HPS. very good.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:50 AM
TECH Addict

According to SLP's website, their warranty is only 90 days on suspension parts:
http://www.slponline.com/warranty_information.asp

The link you posted is for the HDs (see B6 warranty section)

Originally Posted by trippinholyman
Old 06-30-2010, 01:03 AM
TECH Addict

Sam, which Koni's do you have on your car, and why?

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I have Koni's on my car, there is a reason for that. Bilstein's are a good next choice, but they are not the absolute best shocks for control, or controlling a lowering springs of any serious performance potential.

Bilstein's are not designed for springs like mine, or most others. They were built with SLP Eibach's in mine which are softer and taller, and the shocks were meant to ride well first, handle well second with those springs. Are Koni's better? Yes, they are also $350+ a set more.

I won't jerk you chains, that's not my bag. If you can afford Koni's, get Koni's that's my opinion.

And here's a tidbit that folks seem to ignore. The car has no clue where/how it's being driven. Shocks damp mass and spring rate, they have to do that on the street as much as on a race track. Do racers want better control and tend to use better shocks? Yes, but that doesn't preclude you from wanting good performance either, does it? I mean if you don't drag race, don't you still want more power? Folks want better brakes even if they don't road-race, right? I'm not sure why that stops when talking about suspension? BMW M3's for instance, handle really well stock, most folks who buy them don't race either.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:39 AM
TECH Addict

LOL, so they're the "Beano Shocks"?

Originally Posted by wannafbody
IIRC the QA1's are degassed shocks(can you spell "cavitation")-definitely on the craptastic side of the handling spectrum.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:10 AM
TECH Addict

I added both and have no regrets -- I noticed the handling/tracking/solidifying improvements with each. What was Sam's reason for not recommending them?

Originally Posted by Silver99Z28
Some boys here recommended subframe-connectors... Sam disagreed!
I bought them and was disappointed (but they are great for lifting the car).

Some boys here recommended a strut tower brace... Sam disagreed!
I bought it and was disappointed (but it is a great handle for cleaning the engine bay).

Quick Reply: SLP Bilstein $409.99 shipped