Semi-annual explanation...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 05:39 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchntx
No its LS1SELL ... or LS1VENDOR

Sorry, I disagree that the predominant user here needs and can fully utililze the performance that a $1400 set of shocks provides vs what a $400 set does.

If you are competing, yes. If you are driving to work and back, sorry ... can't see a $1000 luxury. People are "talked" into it are sold a bill of goods IMHO.

It took 3 seperate posts for Sam to basically say he's right and I'm wrong.

Why don't you just call me and explain instead of posting this data on the internet?
what shocks are $1400? most people cry about the cost of Konis, but my were more like $750 then $1400.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=20&ModelID=7

Yes there are cheaper alternatives ... Even $750 vs $400 for Bilsteins makes no sense to me.

Also, notice how I continually say phrases like "... to me." or "I don't see how ..." are indicative of a single person's opinion.

I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with me. Just don't do so by attemtping to discredit me. That's childish and egotistical.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 139 Likes on 90 Posts

God I wish I could give up, but it's like watching a train-wreck and I just can't.

First Mitch you implied that Koni's are a $1000 premium. Over what? You can do Koni's for $750. Bilstein's are $400. That's a $350 premium, which while not nothing--isn't $1000 according to my rudimentary math skills.

Secondly, I'm sure there are folks that think that Monroe shocks are just as good as Bilstein's and think you're nuts for running a premium shock. Same for tires, or headers, etc., etc. The world is filled with things that for whatever reason someone deems "good enough". If that were not the case, Harbor Freight tools wouldn't exist, only Snap-on. You may or may not have Snap-on tools. But do you berate folks who prefer them? How about tires? Lots of folks thing $100 Sumitomo's are great, and maybe for what they do, they are. Maybe they don't know how much better something else is. Who knows why people think and decide what they do.

I don't hold a gun to anyone's head. They are free to make their own decisions based upon information (or not if they want to bury their heads in the sand). I find it amusing, and not in a funny way, that you--on one hand proclaim folks should make their own decisions then seemingly chastise them for they choices. pjb is a perfect example of someone who has these Koni's that you find a waste and useless, and how is very happy with them. Bobby D has bought multiple sets, as have other customers. Not because they had to, but because they've run other things and found they prefer them.

And when it comes down to it, you and I have very different opinions. You seem to think everyone is entitled to theirs--except for me, I'm just somehow wrong to you 99% of the time. Doesn't seem to matter how happy folks are with their parts, setup or results. You think that they are happy only because it's different. But when you are happy with something its because it's for sure better? Holy double standard Batman!
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 04-09-2010, 07:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 139 Likes on 90 Posts

I've said what I have to say. I'm tired of beating my head against the Mitch Warren I think I know everything, but will pretend I'm modest, but really am not, anyone who has more than Bilstein's is clearly an idiot brick wall.

To those folks who are, and to those that who might someday be customers of Strano Performance Parts. Thank you. And to those that can see through the crap (and have posted here in support), it is appreciated. To those that think I'm evil come to life. I'm sorry, and I wish you the best in your setup endeavors.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 04-09-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What you want and need is all relative. If I was in the market for shocks and springs right now, I'd seriously consider the KW variant setup. 2k isn't an uncommon price for other cars out there for suspension.

Quick Reply: Semi-annual explanation...