Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Semi-annual explanation...

Old 04-05-2010, 11:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Default Semi-annual explanation...

I really hate that I have to spend time doing this, but here goes.

In a nutshell:

I own a business. I make a living running this business. Because I personally own this place, and I like cars, and prefer to do setups that work I will sometimes get into discussions about options that maybe aren't so good. If you all want to deal with shops that don't give a **** about the result--go for it. It'll free up more time for me to deal with folks who do care about their parts package.............

I am not here to be your best buddy, or tell you want you want to hear. That pisses some folks off because they think they know everything. Frankly if you are one of those folks then I don't want to deal with it. If you know what you want, and don't want to talk to me--order via the website. *If you want to ask me questions you better be prepared for an honest answer, even one you might not like.*

There was some stupid comment about me not even driving a Camaro. I'm working on editing the video of my track day this weekend--in my Camaro. Where was I under the CMC lap record in my car on a track I've never seen before. Just a little proof that I do still own and drive my Camaro, even if it's not the car I use to run National events anymore. I've proven my work and myself in that car more than once. I guess some folks need reminded. In fact you'll see that I pointed a new GT3 by... and then almost hit him later in the lap because he broke so much sooner than I was in my lowly Camaro---the one I don't care or know anything about. And the owner/driver of the GT3 is the head instructor at the track too.

What's most ironic about all the whining and bitching is that it actually helps me. You guys want to slice and dice me for being upfront which is fine. I can take it, and I in a way don't mind because it simply gives me a chance to stand up and and tell folks where I stand--and let them make their own decisions.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you've been nothing but helpful whenever i call...its too bad that this really is a twice a year thing ...some people...
Old 04-05-2010, 03:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep I hate you for spending so much *** time R&D products for my car as I work Miine off improving where the Factory left off. I also hate that you give out Free advice on many different cars cause as a car guy you dont desciminate brands to bring more than one group driving excitement. And that you give advice to those who go and purchase else where and flame you on sales. And still offer solid advice from experiance to same A$$e$. Would say more but dont want to sound like there is an ECHO in here, Thanks-Now to go say my hate mail to Vengeance Racing for making my DD a Powerful beast.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Regular

Not quite sure what brought this on but you've always offered good parts at a fair price & that's based on me looking at a hole bunch of sites comparing prices. Passed on savings to your customers and givin me honest feedback on the parts I researched or bought prior to & steered me away from parts I didn't need, all based on your experience AT the track, I can't ask much more than that.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, you dont try and talk all of your stuff up to make a buck like some claim, you give the strengths and weaknesses of everything you sell, and even things you dont. For my needs, you explained some things that ended up talking me out of SFC's, LCA RB's, and even YOUR springs! All that right there saved me money and kept me from spending (or potentially spending) more money at your store. As a noob (hopefully a less noobish noob now, lol), you could have had a field day telling me what I needed, but you only gave me your recommendations for what would make the biggest difference and what I'd be happiest with.

As for any suspension needs in the future, you have my business
Old 04-05-2010, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

everybody knows strano knows his stuff.
i used to only hear what i wanted to hear (partly because i had JUST bought/installed stuff that i later found made for a crappy setup). and not too long after, i found myself having to re-purchase things. luckily you're still selling fbody stuff and my car now handles like surreal awesomeness. after dialing it all in, it is pretty obvious that all it needs is a slight bump to a 35mm hollow swaybar (exactly as you suggested - are they in yet????).
pay no mind to the haters and stubborn bastards.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Doesnt this belong in the sponsor feedback forum..... what technical suspension info is in this thread?

Of course I dont know how you would classify a sponsor feedback thread that is started by the sponsor... maybe a "I like to bang my own drum thread".

Didnt a thread that was going along this subject just get locked down by the mods? So..... why is it being started up again? Do the threads only get locked down when someone says something negative about a sponsor and yet they can get as many homers in there as possible and its all good? I would like to get some feedback from the mods on this so I dont end up getting banned for speaking my mind.

Sam.. we all know your the greatest, you dont need to bash everyone over the head with it all the time. Your probably the greatest driver in the history of the wheel..... which of course makes you the most knowledgable performance parts err guy ever..... because we all know that driving a car to multiple championships means you could build a car from scratch
Old 04-05-2010, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
What's most ironic about all the whining and bitching is that it actually helps me. You guys want to slice and dice me for being upfront which is fine. I can take it, and I in a way don't mind because it simply gives me a chance to stand up and and tell folks where I stand--and let them make their own decisions.
I have to add about the whining and bitching comment.... you are the undisputed KING of whining and bitching.

"x company stole my spring design... its not fair... they are just the big guy pushing me around... I dont like the way the business world works wahhah wahahhah wahhahhh"

"y customer asked my advice and then didnt buy parts from me whwhaaa whaaa wahaaa"

"people on the forums are saying negative things about me again... I better make a new thread and bitch about it like a little girl again... wahahha wahhaha wahhh"

give me a break sam
Old 04-05-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1zfast
I have to add about the whining and bitching comment.... you are the undisputed KING of whining and bitching.

"x company stole my spring design... its not fair... they are just the big guy pushing me around... I dont like the way the business world works wahhah wahahhah wahhahhh"

"y customer asked my advice and then didnt buy parts from me whwhaaa whaaa wahaaa"

"people on the forums are saying negative things about me again... I better make a new thread and bitch about it like a little girl again... wahahha wahhaha wahhh"

give me a break sam
Old 04-05-2010, 08:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

blah blah <snip>
more blah blah <snip>
Methinks this is one of the guys you were talking about, Sam?
Old 04-05-2010, 09:04 PM
12 Second Club

Only person sounding like a bitch is you nick. I have had many different setups on my car.not because I have mad money to throw at it, It cause I dont mind trying stuff out and seeing if it works. On the strret or track. So when another person asks real world questions on parts. I can give them an unbiased opinion. If you dont like Strano then stay out of his threads. If you have a better solution. Then offer advice. And as for those who did go to another place to buy. They consulted him before buying. Then bash him. He is involved with a lot of the making of a product with other companies to insure you get a quality product. There is a lot of behind the scene crap that a lot of you dont see. I wont name so called fabricators on their junk that many of you buy. In my spare time at the 1/8-1/4 and up comming Big Bend race I do push everyones product to its limit. Do alot of you need this? NO. but for those who do I can hopefully steer them to what they need. If you have delt with his shop and have ANY feed back then post it in that forum. There is alot of experts here on tech who are so ready to slam another. Be more professional if you are one. Who am I if you must know, Nobody-Just a helo mechanic/aircraft engineer that now works Well Bore intervinsion to help MAJOR Oil companies make profits and end result us fuel for our Cars. So yes I am some what of a smart ***. But I am a automobile enthusiast who joined tech like many others to learn from others mistakes and help others before they make costly ones. So as I will not quit my day job to fund my hobby, Please do the same. If there is any cons to a product someone wants to buy-let them know and they can weigh the options.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

Sam is the man. No matter how honest and upfront you are, and how stand-up a business you run, there will always be ******* people out there. Anytime I, or anyone on this forum, has called you for help you have been very helpful. I personally didn't even buy products from you because I ended up finding some stuff used. But because of the excellent customer service and honesty you gave me if I ever need to replace my koni's or end up changing my springs out to yours, I will not hesitate to go to you. You have earned my business as well as many other people's on these forums from sheer respect people have for you because of how much of an honest person you are.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tillery
Only person sounding like a bitch is you nick. I have had many different setups on my car.not because I have mad money to throw at it, It cause I dont mind trying stuff out and seeing if it works. On the strret or track. So when another person asks real world questions on parts. I can give them an unbiased opinion. If you dont like Strano then stay out of his threads. If you have a better solution. Then offer advice. And as for those who did go to another place to buy. They consulted him before buying. Then bash him. He is involved with a lot of the making of a product with other companies to insure you get a quality product. There is a lot of behind the scene crap that a lot of you dont see. I wont name so called fabricators on their junk that many of you buy. In my spare time at the 1/8-1/4 and up comming Big Bend race I do push everyones product to its limit. Do alot of you need this? NO. but for those who do I can hopefully steer them to what they need. If you have delt with his shop and have ANY feed back then post it in that forum. There is alot of experts here on tech who are so ready to slam another. Be more professional if you are one. Who am I if you must know, Nobody-Just a helo mechanic/aircraft engineer that now works Well Bore intervinsion to help MAJOR Oil companies make profits and end result us fuel for our Cars. So yes I am some what of a smart ***. But I am a automobile enthusiast who joined tech like many others to learn from others mistakes and help others before they make costly ones. So as I will not quit my day job to fund my hobby, Please do the same. If there is any cons to a product someone wants to buy-let them know and they can weigh the options.
I agree with much of what you said... your first sentence withstanding. I am no professional or expert, and have never said I am. I am a fireman and have a passion for cars in my spare time. I have road raced, auto crossed, drag raced for fun... never in an organized setting of any kind.

This thread is not about technical information.... it is about someone upset that they didnt get the last word in in another thread and so they started this one. Of course I have no technical information to add in a thread that is about "I am the greatest, noone shall speak poorly of me"

I also understand that I am in the vast minority on here. Thats ok. I dont like to be told what to do. I like to form my own opinions. I dont like to be talked down to. I have accomplished things in my life on a very high platform and I know what its like to have a voice of authority in something because of those accomplishments. So I also know how low class and inappropriate it is to talk down to other people and flag your own success around in everyones face all the time.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

None of this thread has anything to do with tech... my original point in the first place. I dont have time or energy for internet masterdebation. Its clear im not a strano fan and I will leave it at that. Have a nice day
Old 04-05-2010, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Well excuse me then. Didnt mean to be talking down to anyone. I am not above anyone. My biggest accomplishments is serving my country which I am very proud of. I have held my opinions about some other fabricators to my self and tried to speak with them on their products failures. THEY didnt want to hear it. Then I see young kids in accidents not knowing. If it isnt for us ( you and I) taking our time to better explain a product, cause we dont profit from it, to those who are inquiring. Maybe I should have said it that way instead of being an A$$. Instead I was the unprofessional.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for your service.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:40 AM
Teching In

When I talked to Sam it was a little overwhelming to say the least. I asked him a lot of questions and he answered all of them and even talked me out of buying things I didn't need. IMHO, he is honest and blunt. I am going to buy some suspension stuff in the near future and I am going to buy it from him. Just for the simple fact the he took the time to explain to me what he thought would be the best. I am sure if I fielded that many calls every day and people took my advice and their money elsewhere I would be pissed. All things taken into account he is a stand up guy that takes pride in his work and tries to help his customers by being honest. Just my 10 cents worth.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is not about technical information
This is a sad, but true fact.

Some one will post a tech question and then it's a race between vendors to post up their contact information, all proclaiming to have the suspension arc of the covenenant.

I absolutely understand that Sam, Ryan, et.al. have businesses to run and livings to make. My hat is off to those who can make a living doing exactly what they are passionate about. But at some point you have to rely on your products speaking for themselves and let the users do the marketing.

The tech that used to be debated back and forth on this site is gone. It's now like an inner city with turf wars being waged and gangs from respective camps lashing out claiming disrespect and infringement of territory. And then someone fires a shot and all hell breaks loose.

C'Mon guys, this once was a bastion of great information.

Last edited by mitchntx; 04-06-2010 at 04:25 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mitchntx
It's now like an inner city with turf wars being waged and gangs from respective camps lashing out claiming disrespect and infringement of territory. And then someone fires a shot and all hell breaks loose.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUoPWnlnvLQ

All kidding aside, Sam do what you do best. I really appreciated your help and price with the Koni's. Being described as a honest vendor who tells people there parts combo may "SUCK" is an awesome compliment. You are going to need thick skin to ward off the haters.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Launching!

I have no complaints when I dealt with Sam. He was very informative and offered helpful information for my Koni/Strano install like: what setting he recommends for my cars use, easy way to adjust the front Konis while on the car, little hints to make the install easier, etc. He doesn't sugar coat anything and gives his honest opinion and can back it up with his racing experience. Many of us are grateful for that and then there are others...

Technical question: when is it time to upgrade to bigger front & rear sway bars?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Semi-annual explanation...