Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

strange coilover how much will they help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange coilover how much will they help?

like the front strange coil over set up- but do they really help that much?I'm really a street racer /grudge racing /gambler.so the track is good but the street is what really counts.I'm running 325 drag radial out back and it's a
10sec automatic car.Anbody using this set up in the street? Or would love to hear what is working for u THANKS!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
We have always had great luck with QA1 front coil overs. I use a 300lb spring rate (best all around street and strip combo) in the front and also have a single adjustable coil over as well. But if you are looking for that extra adjustment then I would suggest going with a double adjustable coil over on the front. If you are looking for just a all out drag set up. I would suggest going with the R series for maximum weight distribution. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...nvohjt164r2v82

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. And I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 04-16-2010, 09:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I run the Stranges on the street with a 300# spring. I do the same kind of racing that you do which is why I wanted something with adjustability so I really have the edge on most people from a dig. Since I recently installed them I haven't been able to try them out yet in a street race but considering all you need to do is stick your arm under there to make adjustments, I can't wait to see how they do. I went to the track the other day with and my 60' remained the same as it was the time before when I had the stock shocks and lowering springs. However the DA was +1200 worse and track prep was ok at best so I think it's fair to say that in the same conditions as before they would have shown improvement. I wasn't able to completely dial the suspension in either but I think they would definetly be beneficial to you.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:46 AM
9 Second Club

I have Strange on my car also. Haven't tested anything yet but soon enough.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:02 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbullet#1
like the front strange coil over set up- but do they really help that much?I'm really a street racer /grudge racing /gambler.so the track is good but the street is what really counts.I'm running 325 drag radial out back and it's a
10sec automatic car.Anbody using this set up in the street? Or would love to hear what is working for u THANKS!
we have run the Strange shocks on both shop cars for quite some time now... the shocks work very well on the street or the strip and you will definitely notice a change in the weight transfer from the stock shocks. best thing is just reach under the car and make a quick adjustment to stiffen the shock a bit for a more streetable use. the Strange shocks are by far the best bang for the buck, made in USA, and are serviceable if need be. we have the best pricing on any suspension component you may need. Pm or call us for a quote.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Talking

Off the line is where i really need the help!Would add some years to my life knowing my car is going to hook when i've got my and my friends $money on the line.car works good now but sometimes i have to peddle it out-would be great to leave with a 75shot and then grab the one 150 at the 60 foot
Can do this at the track but not the street
Old 04-16-2010, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
I run the Stranges on the street with a 300# spring. I do the same kind of racing that you do which is why I wanted something with adjustability so I really have the edge on most people from a dig. Since I recently installed them I haven't been able to try them out yet in a street race but considering all you need to do is stick your arm under there to make adjustments, I can't wait to see how they do. I went to the track the other day with and my 60' remained the same as it was the time before when I had the stock shocks and lowering springs. However the DA was +1200 worse and track prep was ok at best so I think it's fair to say that in the same conditions as before they would have shown improvement. I wasn't able to completely dial the suspension in either but I think they would definetly be beneficial to you.
What kinda sixties did u get?
Old 04-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Teching In

1.38 best- but consestant 1.40s
Old 04-17-2010, 11:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by conde'strans
What kinda sixties did u get?
That day I was cutting late 1.5's. That's in a 360rwhp car at 3500lbs. for reference.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Teching In

anybody else? would like to here what works in the street!

Quick Reply: strange coilover how much will they help?