Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lc's relocation brackets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lc's relocation brackets?

i just lowered my car and was wondering if i really did need to lca relocation brackets?
Old 06-15-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The easiest way to tell is to take a look at the LCA's from the side when the car is sitting with all the wheels on the ground. You want the LCA's to be as close to horizontal as possible. Here's a thread with some good info:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ferrerid=13535
Old 06-15-2010, 02:27 PM
FormerVendor

Hello
I would highly suggest it when it comes to lowered vehicles! Because when you lower a vehicle it positions the LCA in the incorrect angle therefore increasing wheel hop and eliminating your traction performance.

And when you install a set of relocation brackets they will allow you to adjust the control arm more parallel to the ground gaining back your traction performance and eliminating wheel hop.

Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer! We offer both a bolt on and a weld on Relocation bracket.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...Path=7_138_108

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-16-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just because a car is lowered doesn't automatically make LCA relocation brackets necessary....it all depends on other factors, such as the intended use of the car. if it's main purpose is drag racing, then i would definitely get them to avoid wheel hop. however, if it's just a daily driver and/or road race/auto-x car, they may not be necessary, and can actually be detrimental to performance for those purposes.

the best thing to do is try it without them first, and if you start getting wheel hop, then get some brackets to help get rid of it....otherwise, just leave them off
Old 06-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wheel hop is when you nail the throttle and the rear wheels actually start to rapidly bounce up and down, almost like they are vibrating up and down real fast....CORRECT????

I'm not sure I've ever felt that, my tires just spin too damn easy. I race my friend in his stock 911 Carrera, its got something like 355 hp. He jumps out in front of me every time from a dig or a slow roll, then about 5 seconds later of course I go flying by like a rocket ship.

But how can I plant my rear tires better........street radials, on the street only.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll put it this way. I've been driving on a lowered F-body for nearly 3 years now. (my 2nd lowered TA). I finally put LCA relocation brackets on my car 2 months ago. Man I wish I had done it a long time ago! You'll notice a big traction difference.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HoLLo
I'll put it this way. I've been driving on a lowered F-body for nearly 3 years now. (my 2nd lowered TA). I finally put LCA relocation brackets on my car 2 months ago. Man I wish I had done it a long time ago! You'll notice a big traction difference.
Damn, why does it take so long to hear about ways to better a car. I mean, why didn't someone at LG or anyone else tell me to get the relocation brackets 8 years ago when I got all this stuff.

I guess I'll order them.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:19 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
When it comes to traction performance! Relocation Brackets are the best Bang for the $. Either Stock LCA or any aftermarket LCA you will not be disappointed in the performance outcome. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: lc's relocation brackets?