Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

2010 SS camaro brembo calipers vs 2004-2007 cts-v calipers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can get the cts-v 4 pot calipers for $310 shipped (front pair) for a short time. If anyone is interested let me know.

Last edited by sporaclic; 03-04-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by XxXTransAmXxX
Couldn't you use a 2mm sleeve with a 12MM Inner Diameter - 2mm - thus making a 14MM Outter Diameter to act as a bushing in the caliper mount hole on the Camaro Caliper?

http://www.isostatic.com/tumetric.htm
Aye, if the stock holes are 13mm as stated above, you would still have to drill the hole out to 14mm to run a spacer bushing, the one most suitable for this is www.mcmaster.com # 6679K16, which is a bronze bushing specifically meant for this kind of bolt adaptation, this is all assuming you are wanting to run cts-v1 (my04-07) front 4 piston brembos, or drill them out for 14mm bolts for the camaro ones.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

Plenty of guys using the 2010 front camaro calipers now but what about the rears??

Tony
Old 08-09-2012, 04:48 AM
Launching!

subcribed
Old 08-10-2012, 04:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vatechguy3
Plenty of guys using the 2010 front camaro calipers now but what about the rears??

Tony
i'm using the CTS calipers, I believe the rears are pretty much the same as the 5th gens rears. Im not really interested in setting up the rear calipers on the stock rearend because it's already known that the moving axles will cause pad knockback.... the rotor which is attached to the axle pushes the piston back in, causing a long pedal until you can pump it back out. I dont think this is an issue with non c-clip rears like the Ford 9 inch or a Dana 60. If someone can verify that, maybe we can piece the rear together and hopefully keep our parking brake working as well as having a much stronger rear and those beautiful Brembos in the back. Subscribed!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

knockback is going to be an issue going to a fixed caliper like the 5th gen, but in my opinion a better caliper is needed out back, or a proportioning valve to adjust the fluid flow to the rear if staying with the smaller calipers. Our cars were built to have a 2 piston caliper in the front and the single piston in the rear, putting 4 piston calipers up front and keeping the single in the rear is causing an unbalanced condition, not really bad and not noticeable unless your hard on the brakes but it is there.

Im looking into a c clip eliminator if I choose to rebuild my 10 bolt (street only car, so im not worried about it breaking). With an eliminator kit a fixed piston caliper should be ok, if not ill be looking at a D60.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:04 AM

good to know! ^^

dont mean to mess youre thread up but i do actually have a set of front 5th gen camaro ss calipers w/ pads and clips for sale! just pm me or something if youre interested. got pics =)
Old 08-22-2012, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimmyducati
knockback is going to be an issue going to a fixed caliper like the 5th gen, but in my opinion a better caliper is needed out back, or a proportioning valve to adjust the fluid flow to the rear if staying with the smaller calipers. Our cars were built to have a 2 piston caliper in the front and the single piston in the rear, putting 4 piston calipers up front and keeping the single in the rear is causing an unbalanced condition, not really bad and not noticeable unless your hard on the brakes but it is there.

Im looking into a c clip eliminator if I choose to rebuild my 10 bolt (street only car, so im not worried about it breaking). With an eliminator kit a fixed piston caliper should be ok, if not ill be looking at a D60.
I don't necessarily agree with you that our cars will be unbalanced with a 4 piston up front. I believe that's our cars from the factory have too much rear braking, so adding a better braking components up front, will actually help balance the system as a whole.

This is why it's very uncommon to see a guy who road races a Fbody upgrade the rear brakes. And also you'll note that you'll almost never see a guy run as aggressive as a pad in the rear as the front. There truly isn't much to benefit from it. And in fact, can cause too much rear braking, which we all know is a problem.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:04 AM
Teching In

The CTS-v brake set up sounds like a great idea but is it possible to get the rear brake to work or I just have to use the ls1 rear brakes I have?
Old 10-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 to Black Z28's post...

I lap my car and when you get on the brakes hard...the weight transfer to the front will cause the rears to lock inducing wheel hop. unless you enjoy f-body offroading...putting more stopping power in the rear may not be such a hot idea...to each their own...
Old 11-23-2013, 03:10 AM
Teching In

Why can't you just add a brake bias **** and dial out the stronger rear bias?

Quick Reply: 2010 SS camaro brembo calipers vs 2004-2007 cts-v calipers?