Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR is a Master Distributor for Koni Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing at their expense.

Threads around the time I had bushings coming apart and ends splitting.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...bmr-stuff.html
Referenced threads have been deleted ...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-anything.html
After I was told to "cool it".

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...dangerous.html
Impalas were having similar issues ...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...mr-k-mart.html
A thread that kind of wraps up my experience.

Again, it appears BMR has changed hands and hopefully a redesign of a lot of their products has made them more durable.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ Well that sucks. I assume either the warranty was different or beyond the two years from purchase?

BMR's Warranty effectively says, highlighted in bold below, that their new Koni Shocks are not warrantied for fitment with their own products. Clearly their wording needs updating.

Then they go on to say that they do not make any claims of suitability of their parts, and no warranty their parts for any specific application. Finally in different words state that if you have a problem like breakage, while using their parts, they take no responsibility whatsoever...

So it would appear they want to sell parts and make money, but don't fully stand behind their parts, in their current warranty, unless I am reading wrong.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/disclaimer.htm

"Warranty :
BMR product applications are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of (2) two years from the date of sale to the original purchaser. Obligation under this warranty is limited to product replacement but not the reinstallation of the replacement product or other incidental costs. This warranty does not cover any product that has been subject to misuse, neglect, alteration, accident, or improper installation. Normal wear shall not be considered a defect under this warranty. All warranty adjustments are limited to replacement or credit of returned merchandise. This warranty specifically excludes impact damage or damage to powdercoat. BMR will issue a Returned Material Authorization number for every return. Returned goods will not be accepted without an RMA Number. BMR will ship the replacement product at no charge using UPS Ground. If the customer would like to upgrade the shipping method (for example, Next Day Air), the customer will be charged the difference in shipping cost.

BMR product is designed to be used with OEM product and other BMR products. BMR does not warranty our product for fitment with aftermarket product from other manufacturers. This applies to suspension products from other manufacturers as well as aftermarket exhaust products, aftermarket drivetrain products, and other aftermarket products. BMR products that are returned due to fitment issues with OEM components or BMR product will receive a full refund. BMR products that are returned due to fitment issues with aftermarket product will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.

Purchaser understands and recognizes that racing parts, equipment and services by or manufactured and/or sold by BMR, are subject to varied conditions due to the manner in which they are to be installed and used. The acceptability and suitability of any part sold or manufactured by BMR for a particular application is solely the purchaser's decision. BMR makes no warranties whatsoever, expressed or implied, or or written, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY.

The right to make changes in the design or add to or improve on their product without incurring any obligation to install the same on products previously manufactured is expressly reserved.

Buyer agrees to idemnify and hold Seller harmless from any claim, action or demand arising out of or incident to Buyer's installation or use of products purchased from BMR."
Old 08-22-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To BMR Fabrication Inc. -
Mitch, myself and another fellow racer are putting together a new endurance car for a 10hr race in April 2011. The past two years (2009/2010) we have been crowned w/ an Overall Win as well as first in class and the year prior to that (2008 - our first endurance race) we won 1st in class and 3rd overall. This past year was a shocking win as we beat a pair of GT3's and a Farrari Challenge car as well as many other cars not so "Miles Per Gallon" challenged.

Point is, if you really want to put your money where your mouth is w/ a team (LAW Motorsports) who has provided consistent results, do it w/ us. On top of the Eduro Wins for Team LAW Motorsport, I have won 2 National Championships (2008/2009 - 1 at Mid Ohio and 1 at Miller Motorsports Park) as well as a pair of 3rd's at Nationals (2006/2007) on top of a Regional Championship (Texas 2007) and never finishing out of the Top 5 Regionally since 2005.
All these wins and such were done in my CMC car. For 2011 we are finally building a dedicated enduro car based on a CMC/CMC-2 car.
Consider this a golden opportunity to prove your parts and sway some of your biggest critics. I havent talked this over w/ the other two owners of this car, but this could be a great chance to show us what you got.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:11 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
BMR's Warranty effectively says, highlighted in bold below, that their new Koni Shocks are not warrantied for fitment with their own products. Clearly their wording needs updating.
We will need to update that. To be honest, we have never had a fitment issue with a shock absorber, so we didn't even think about shocks when we wrote it.

The good news is that we have already tested the Koni shocks with our other products and I can assure you that they fit properly.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 08-22-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
^ Well that sucks. I assume either the warranty was different or beyond the two years from purchase?

Then they go on to say that they do not make any claims of suitability of their parts, and no warranty their parts for any specific application. Finally in different words state that if you have a problem like breakage, while using their parts, they take no responsibility whatsoever...

So it would appear they want to sell parts and make money, but don't fully stand behind their parts, in their current warranty, unless I am reading wrong.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/disclaimer.htm

"Warranty :
BMR product applications are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of (2) two years from the date of sale to the original purchaser. Obligation under this warranty is limited to product replacement but not the reinstallation of the replacement product or other incidental costs. This warranty does not cover any product that has been subject to misuse, neglect, alteration, accident, or improper installation. Normal wear shall not be considered a defect under this warranty. All warranty adjustments are limited to replacement or credit of returned merchandise. This warranty specifically excludes impact damage or damage to powdercoat. BMR will issue a Returned Material Authorization number for every return. Returned goods will not be accepted without an RMA Number. BMR will ship the replacement product at no charge using UPS Ground. If the customer would like to upgrade the shipping method (for example, Next Day Air), the customer will be charged the difference in shipping cost.

BMR product is designed to be used with OEM product and other BMR products. BMR does not warranty our product for fitment with aftermarket product from other manufacturers. This applies to suspension products from other manufacturers as well as aftermarket exhaust products, aftermarket drivetrain products, and other aftermarket products. BMR products that are returned due to fitment issues with OEM components or BMR product will receive a full refund. BMR products that are returned due to fitment issues with aftermarket product will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.

Purchaser understands and recognizes that racing parts, equipment and services by or manufactured and/or sold by BMR, are subject to varied conditions due to the manner in which they are to be installed and used. The acceptability and suitability of any part sold or manufactured by BMR for a particular application is solely the purchaser's decision. BMR makes no warranties whatsoever, expressed or implied, or or written, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY.

The right to make changes in the design or add to or improve on their product without incurring any obligation to install the same on products previously manufactured is expressly reserved.

Buyer agrees to idemnify and hold Seller harmless from any claim, action or demand arising out of or incident to Buyer's installation or use of products purchased from BMR."
A lot of that is the typical legal bullshit an aftermarket supplier puts out to kill liability lawsuits - basically you agreeing that by buying and installing the part, you know it's not an OEM part and that improper installation, use, modification, etc drops the whole bucket on the buyer's head if something fails. Basically, "We may make ****, but if you buy our **** and install it and then die, sucks to be you!" Not aimed at BMR at all (my job is environmental testing, so I get to deal with legal liability statements all the time), just saying that aftermarket parts typically aren't tested (in a lab to ISO standards and the like) nearly like OEM parts are required to be, ergo, disclaimers (OEMs usually also have disclaimers about "inappropriate usage" that voids warranties, etc). Also, you have to remember that these parts are replacing OEM parts to be used in high-stress situations, where improper install or setup, or over-powering the part, can occur, and BMR (and every other aftermarket company out there) has no control over. Drop a turbo 408 in, blow a stock 10-bolt up, and GM would laugh at you if you wanted it warrantied - same deal here.

Given all that, good companies will typically look at parts breakage on a case-by-case basis and make a decision about what to do, rather than just sending you a copy of what you referenced above.

The other part is really just saying that their stuff is designed to replace and work with OEM parts, so if you have an aftermarket rear axle and buy BMR stuff and it doesn't fit, your fault for not making sure it would work before you buy it.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looking for a set of rears, for a 2000 t/a with your springs, whats the difference in the two koni shocks? or does only one fit my year? also sent a pm...
Old 08-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
We will need to update that. To be honest, we have never had a fitment issue with a shock absorber, so we didn't even think about shocks when we wrote it.

The good news is that we have already tested the Koni shocks with our other products and I can assure you that they fit properly.
Hey BMR...I posted earlier on looking for a good Koini shock that is adjustable with a stock height spring. WHich ones do you recommend and PM me the price. A fellow said the GM 1LE spring is nice. I have pondered doing an adjustable coil over system but not many out there. DO not know if the ride is very good either. Any help would be great. I run your full upper lower control kit on my trans am and torque arm bar with strange 12bolt. Could not be happier. DC

Quick Reply: BMR is a Master Distributor for Koni Shocks