Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

launch problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default launch problem

let me start with i have 4.10's, lower springs, adj. PHB, LCA and relocation brackets(bottom hole), nitto 555 275/??/17 (cant remember) , i think its about 35-38psi all around. power wise i just hav the SLP lid and flo pac.
On my launch i pull hard to the right and im spinning all they way into 2nd then partly through 2nd and spinning a lil more into 3rd.from a roll i also spin through second if i do get traction from 20mph-ish. i got the PHB and LCA thinking that would fix it but all that did was get rid of wheel hop. how do i fix this? been trying to race my friends 2011 5.0 but cant cause of this.

1. i dont know when the car was aligned last, i bought it with 4.10 and springs already idk if he did it. worth getting it aligned?
2.also could it just be the psi in the tires? i kept it at 36ish cause its a DD, lower it?
3. new tires? mine have around 70% tread but i heard i may need DR
4. more suspension? ive seen people with more mods then me with less suspension and hav no problems
Old 09-14-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you need action, you need traction. You can have every suspension mod in the book and if you don't have tires, forget about it. A drag radial will help your traction problem without a doubt. I'm still on street tires but I'm waiting to get my nto5r's mounted. I can tell you right now, after I installed my torque arm from Umi, my traction problems were a thing of the past, and im still on street tires. And lower the psi in your tires.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

An aftermarket adjustable rear sway (anti-roll) bar would help your issue. Give me a call, so we can go over your set-up, parts, and prices. Our number is 225-673-3533, ask for Steve.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

1. Lower your pressure to like 20psi
2. Big *** burnout
3. Dont punch it, you wont hook. get a g tech and practace launching until you can get a fast constant launch.

It does not matter if you can hook a 1.6 on the street once if you cant make it happen every time. I am hooking solid 1.9s on the street and a 2.0 on a shitty street. but I have different tires
Old 09-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Teching In

so rear sway, torque arm and DR will fix the problem? i know DR will def fix but i dont feel i need they being almost stock. so torgue arm or rear sway? rear sway is like 170 torque arm i think is 250 or somthing like that
Old 09-14-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Smoothridin
let me start with i have 4.10's, lower springs, adj. PHB, LCA and relocation brackets(bottom hole), nitto 555 275/??/17 (cant remember) , i think its about 35-38psi all around. power wise i just hav the SLP lid and flo pac.
On my launch i pull hard to the right and im spinning all they way into 2nd then partly through 2nd and spinning a lil more into 3rd.from a roll i also spin through second if i do get traction from 20mph-ish. i got the PHB and LCA thinking that would fix it but all that did was get rid of wheel hop. how do i fix this? been trying to race my friends 2011 5.0 but cant cause of this.

1. i dont know when the car was aligned last, i bought it with 4.10 and springs already idk if he did it. worth getting it aligned?
2.also could it just be the psi in the tires? i kept it at 36ish cause its a DD, lower it?
3. new tires? mine have around 70% tread but i heard i may need DR
4. more suspension? ive seen people with more mods then me with less suspension and hav no problems
Oh man... where to start? I don't know a lot about getting to hook, but I can say you got a few problems there. 555 Nitto street tires aren't going to hook well.. 38 psi in the rear is good for NO driving application..
Old 09-15-2010, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Smoothridin
so rear sway, torque arm and DR will fix the problem? i know DR will def fix but i dont feel i need they being almost stock. so torgue arm or rear sway? rear sway is like 170 torque arm i think is 250 or somthing like that
Give me a call when you're ready to order some parts. I go over your set up with you, prices on the necessary parts, and answer any questions you may have. My number here at the shop is 225-673-3533.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Oh man... where to start? I don't know a lot about getting to hook, but I can say you got a few problems there. 555 Nitto street tires aren't going to hook well.. 38 psi in the rear is good for NO driving application..

i checked and all my tires are at 27.5 and i hav nittos in the rear and like some cheap nexen tires i had from my last camaro. the nittos have to be better then that no? ill swap em anyway