Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installed offset bushings... any other options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed offset bushings... any other options?

I installed Strano offset bushings about a year ago for both upper control arms and they corrected my camber problem, too negative. It's now in specs and doesn't wear the inside tire edge out. My problem is they are really noisy. They squeak like crazy and annoys the **** out of me. I also have a Monster clutch and the squeaking between the two is very annoying. I hand greased the bushings, sprayed them, and sprayed all the bolts for the control arm and they still are so noisy. The only thing I havent done is manually take the control arm and the bushings out and grease them that way.

Are there any other options to address the camber issue or am I stuck with buying adjustable upper control arms? Can the holes be slotted on the lower control arm to adjust the camber?
Old 09-24-2010, 01:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

They aren't noisy... Something else is up. The inner sleeve floats in the delrin bushing. We've done many, many of those and this is the first report of any sort of noise. Hell I have them in my car and have for years not a peep (from those anyway).
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 09-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed. I've had these in my car since around the middle of '06. Run hard on bumpy, gritty surfaces with huge grippy tires. Run in the rain a lot as well. Still dead quiet.

Delrin itself is a sort of self lubricating plastic. Never say never, but it almost can't squeak.

Check everything that can move when the upper arm moves. This means the entire front suspension. Lower arms, sway bar, tie rods, ball joints, shock bushings....
Old 09-25-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

With the wheel on the ground, if I push up on the body or push sideways on the wheel or when I get out of the car I hear it squeak. I spun the wheel to check for bad bearings but can't find any problems. I have your springs, Sam, and Koni shocks. It also makes a creaking sound when I get out the car but I hear the squeaking more. It sounds like if you remove the rear spring isolators and you get that slight squeaking noise.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I searched and searched but cannot find these bushings. I would like to know if they are still available. I'm assuming they will correct camber and possibly get rid of the lowered ricer look my stock wheels have. Thanks
Old 09-26-2010, 03:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmgaspard
With the wheel on the ground, if I push up on the body or push sideways on the wheel or when I get out of the car I hear it squeak. I spun the wheel to check for bad bearings but can't find any problems. I have your springs, Sam, and Koni shocks. It also makes a creaking sound when I get out the car but I hear the squeaking more. It sounds like if you remove the rear spring isolators and you get that slight squeaking noise.
Try lubing the sway bar bushings?
Old 09-26-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I did. Maybe it's the hubs again for the 3rd time this year?
Old 09-27-2010, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the rear shock towers bushings , that were i had a very bad noise from, The shock stem was rubbing the frame between the bushings
Old 09-27-2010, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Checked them, they are perfectly centered and went ahead and replaced the bushings anyway.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 99wssixm6
I searched and searched but cannot find these bushings. I would like to know if they are still available. I'm assuming they will correct camber and possibly get rid of the lowered ricer look my stock wheels have. Thanks
I took them off the website, but I can still have them made. However, I need 5 orders to do so. I have one in hand, you'd be two. Find 3 other guys and it's on.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'd certainly relube the sway bar bushings if you haven't done it lately.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

i had something like this happen a while ago, and it turned out to be my motor mounts from the heat

Quick Reply: Installed offset bushings... any other options?