Strano Peformance Parts Handling Packages--New prices, new items

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 01:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

Default Strano Peformance Parts Handling Packages--New prices, new items

HP1: KYB AGX Shocks + SP141 Lowering Springs: $654.99

HP2: SLP Bilstein Shocks + SP141 Lowering Springs: $679.99

HP3: KYB AGX Shocks + SP141 Lowering Springs + Strano Performance Hollow Sway Bar set: $1049.99

HP3.5: (yes it's a new addition and it's easier than re-numbering the rest):
SLP Bilstein Shocks + SP141 Lowering Springs + Strano Performance Hollow Sway Bar set: $1069.99

HP4: Koni 4/3 + SP141 Lowering Springs: $1079.99

HP5: Koni 4/4 + SP141 Lowering Springs: $1179.99

HP6: Koni 4/3 + SP141 Lowering Springs + Strano Performance Hollow Sway Bar set:
$1469.99

HP7: Koni 4/4 + SP141 Lowering Springs + Strano Performance Hollow Sway Bar set:
$1569.99

Go to www.stranoparts.com and look up the year and model of your 4th gen. Then click on "Discount Combination Packages" from the menu on the left side of the screen and you'll find these as well as other combination (including brake, traction, and chassis stiffening packages too.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol sam, i hate you! my finger is itching to order that last package since it's 50 bucks cheaper than it was earlier.

how long are you running this promotion? i was looking to purchase within a month or two. just put headers on so i'm out some scratch til i get a few pay days in.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Thats HP1 is tempting, my stock stuff has 106k miles on it.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by trippinholyman
lol sam, i hate you! my finger is itching to order that last package since it's 50 bucks cheaper than it was earlier.

how long are you running this promotion? i was looking to purchase within a month or two. just put headers on so i'm out some scratch til i get a few pay days in.
Well, I'll be honest with you--the pricing is largely a function of things being slow this time of year and two of my suppliers passing some incentives along to help me and therefore help you guys. I can't say it'll last forever, I was already selling Koni for a price that was damn low (as far as Koni's go).... It'll run until my prices go back up. I wish I could tell you exactly when, but I can't

I can tell you that historically November is busier than October so I'd suspect that the deal I'm getting will end by then.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Launching!

thanks. thinking within a week or two actually. just need to get to this wednesday and i should be able to charge it lol.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You'll be more than good...
Old 10-01-2010, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a question, how does that HP1 package handle? i have those shocks already but i dont know what springs are on my car, cant find a name thier just red, maybe cut stock ones, but anyway the ride is terrible. Cornering is terrible on anything except a flat smooth road, if i hit a slight bump on a turn the damn car feels like it wants to jump to the out side lane... ive played with the setting on the shocks, and i get either a extremely rough ride, or bouncy or both...so im wondering if i get your springs it will help
Old 10-01-2010, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Ordered the HP7 package about 4 days before the new pricing

I know Sam will hook me up the next time I order, right Sam?
Old 10-01-2010, 01:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'll do my best....
Old 10-01-2010, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

Heh I was just teasing anyway Sam! Parts arrived in record time! I will give you a call when I am getting ready to install them.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chrismikeb
I have a question, how does that HP1 package handle? i have those shocks already but i dont know what springs are on my car, cant find a name thier just red, maybe cut stock ones, but anyway the ride is terrible. Cornering is terrible on anything except a flat smooth road, if i hit a slight bump on a turn the damn car feels like it wants to jump to the out side lane... ive played with the setting on the shocks, and i get either a extremely rough ride, or bouncy or both...so im wondering if i get your springs it will help
Red? My guess, BMR, Eibach Sportline or DMS springs. I'd need to know more about what your shocks are set like (and what you've tried) and some other details. I'm sure my springs wouldn't hurt, but I can't honestly tell you they'll transform the car as the shocks are a lot more of an issue than some differences on springs (assuming not absolutely terrible springs).
Old 10-01-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

How does the HP1 package perform and ride compared to the HP2?
Old 10-01-2010, 04:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

HP2 is your definite better riding setup as the shocks are just better for that. Valving is better for ride, more piston area than the AGX's. But the Bilstein's aren't adjustable for those wanting to mess around with things. Purely on ride, I'd recommend the HP2 over the HP1 any day.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Red? My guess, BMR, Eibach Sportline or DMS springs. I'd need to know more about what your shocks are set like (and what you've tried) and some other details. I'm sure my springs wouldn't hurt, but I can't honestly tell you they'll transform the car as the shocks are a lot more of an issue than some differences on springs (assuming not absolutely terrible springs).
When I first got the car the guy didnt know what the suspension was, I discovered they were adjustable that weekend when I was changing the oil and they were set on 8 (full hard) all 4 corners, so I set all of them to 4, still rode pretty rough, then I tried 3 in the front and 2 in the back, the rear end would bounce more then the front so I set the rear up to 3, and I believe thats what they're all set to at the moment. But it still rides like crap, when I go over a bump its rough and it sounds rough, but then its bouncy like its too soft...I would think if its going to be rough it wouldnt be bouncy or vice versa. Its worse then my 93's 134kmile old suspension
Old 10-01-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrismikeb
When I first got the car the guy didnt know what the suspension was, I discovered they were adjustable that weekend when I was changing the oil and they were set on 8 (full hard) all 4 corners, so I set all of them to 4, still rode pretty rough, then I tried 3 in the front and 2 in the back, the rear end would bounce more then the front so I set the rear up to 3, and I believe thats what they're all set to at the moment. But it still rides like crap, when I go over a bump its rough and it sounds rough, but then its bouncy like its too soft...I would think if its going to be rough it wouldnt be bouncy or vice versa. Its worse then my 93's 134kmile old suspension
This is one of the problems when you have one **** to adjust both compression and rebound at the same time. Giving it more rebound will get rid of the bounce, but since you are also increasing the compression setting you get a rougher, more choppy ride...
Another reason the koni SAs are worth it, they adjust only rebound and the compression setting is static.
Something that may help the ride is checking if your tire pressure is right (30psi all around).
Old 10-01-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
This is one of the problems when you have one **** to adjust both compression and rebound at the same time. Giving it more rebound will get rid of the bounce, but since you are also increasing the compression setting you get a rougher, more choppy ride...
Another reason the koni SAs are worth it, they adjust only rebound and the compression setting is static.
Something that may help the ride is checking if your tire pressure is right (30psi all around).
u know thats what i was thinkin about the bound and rebound, but was hoping i could change the springs and get away with it theyre cheaper lol...ya when i first got it the tire pressure was at 40, i let it out to 34 or so. also got some pretty hefty 11in wheels on the rear

Quick Reply: Strano Peformance Parts Handling Packages--New prices, new items