Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which rear drag sway bar?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which rear drag sway bar?

Anyone have a preference. Either the Spohn or the BMR look nice. I don't see why BMR's runs 75 bucks more though

BMR
http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...oducts_id=7526

Spohn:
http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...roducts_id=767
Old 10-06-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

some one told me the BMR or the UMI is WAY WAY heavy. and my buddy runs the midwest bar that is a super light piece and its made of chrome molly
Old 10-07-2010, 06:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The Midwest bar is hollow tubing while our drag bar including Spohn and BMR is solid. The Midwest set up is more of a drag race only set up while our bar works excellent at the track it is still streetable.

We offer a 100% bolt on drag bar that requires welding before racing, but it can be bolted on in your driveway and driven somewhere for a little bit of welding needed. I posted a link below with more information, please take a look and let me know if you have any questions I can help with.

www.umiperformance.com/2245-300

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 10-07-2010, 09:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want this!

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
The Midwest bar is hollow tubing while our drag bar including Spohn and BMR is solid. The Midwest set up is more of a drag race only set up while our bar works excellent at the track it is still streetable.

We offer a 100% bolt on drag bar that requires welding before racing, but it can be bolted on in your driveway and driven somewhere for a little bit of welding needed. I posted a link below with more information, please take a look and let me know if you have any questions I can help with.

www.umiperformance.com/2245-300

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 10-07-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wolfe Racecraft makes a nice piece, and it sells for only $359, plus shipping.

http://www.madmanandcoracing.com/sho...spx?itemid=103
Old 10-07-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Can someone explain to me how the Wolfe Racecraft one works? I was looking at various photos of it in the past.. it looks like it might prevent ANY sway whatsoever from occurring at all.

If that's the case, one who might want a streetable/decent drag strip bar I would personally say go with the normal swaybar style
Old 10-07-2010, 01:50 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Our ARB is very streetable, 90% plus of ours sold are on street driven vehicles. Our ARB mounts using the factory sway bar mounts and then all you need to do is weld in two tabs onto the chassis. (we are currently working on a full bolt in ARB for the F-Body)

As far as solid to hollow tubing and which one is better, a quick Google search will give you many answers onto that.

One way to look at it, if solid tubing ARB/Sway bars were the way to go every big racing program out there would be using it.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

MWC hands down dude..
I bought one for my car and the guy @ the shop that installed my rear + ARB decided to buy one for himself.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:31 PM
TECH Junkie

So does the Wolfe bar completely prevent any sway from occurring? Maybe that's just something I dreamed up in my mind when I was looking at photos of it installed?

Whether or not something is considered streetable is subjective to ones own opinion really. What I mostly care about is how it works and the details. Maybe this type of drag bar follows a similar design used on other solid rear axle cars that I could google info on?
Old 10-07-2010, 03:20 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

You are never going to stop all flexing, the Anti Roll Bar has been used in road racing for some time, it was an item that got transformed over to drag racing because of how it works. The primary function of the anti‐roll bar is to adjust the understeer/oversteer balance of the car during cornering.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
You are never going to stop all flexing, the Anti Roll Bar has been used in road racing for some time, it was an item that got transformed over to drag racing because of how it works.
I find this very hard to believe unless it was a drift car you were racing, or you ran a really really big/stiff front bar, front springs, and really soft rear springs and some really wide rear tires.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:59 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

an adjustable autocross/roadcourse type anti-sway bar uses adjustable arm lengths to vary the amount of stiffness of that particular bar setup. a shorter arm makes the bar think its stiffer. kinda like a longer arm would be like using a breaker bar instead of a wrench on a bolt... more leverage.

in the drag racing world, you usually wont find an adjustable arm, but the higher quality arb's have the end links adjustable to help set chassis corner weights(preload) to aid the car in going straight on the launch when the front end is light. they will also use a tubular design made from premium materials that allow the same or better performance at a fraction of the weight. our tubular arb setup is 20 pounds lighter(including all brackets, fasteners, links, etc) than the solid ones most others are selling, and have been proven time and time again to be streetable and perform at the track.

Quick Reply: Which rear drag sway bar?