Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

US Veterans, please read.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 01:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously dude... Your beginning to **** me the **** off.. Keep your **** to yourself... Dont give us that free speech ****...just because youre allowed to do something doesnt mean you should!!!

Technically a person can perform brain surgery on themselves. That doesnt mean its to be ****** done !!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Liberty are you a Vet? Have you ever served your country? Do you really understand anything on what goes on in actuall combat or over seas military matters at all? Or going off what you see on the news? I took that oath many times and fully understand it. Obviously you dont. Thank a vet for your freedom to do this to a thread dedicated to vets your making into politics.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

A soldier and officer follows the Constitution, if they are a patriotic American, because THAT is the oath a soldier takes. If soldiers and officers took their oaths more seriously, we would not be in so many of the undeclared, unconstitutional wars we have been in.
Really? ******* really? I take my oath pretty seriously, but if I need to fight for [I]my[I] country, then so be it. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt in this undeclared war. If you had any true understanding of what it's like outside of your cozy bubble, I bet you'd change your tone. You, sheep, me, sheepdog. Starting to see the picture? Say whatever the **** you want, be wrong all you want, sleep well in your warm bed at night, and know there are plenty of soldiers, although upset by your opinion, who will fight to keep you safe at the drop of a hat.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=libertyforall1776;14121594]You know, the United States is not now and never has been at the time of the Constitution's creation, a democracy -- it is a constitutional republic; we do democratically elect our public officials, however.
QUOTE]

First thing, please make sure you always use a capital letter when talking about OUR country. 2nd, it's cool to have your opinion but you don't have to comment on anything. Just please keep it to yourself. We all understand your point. Let's try to keep this positive.

Semper Fi.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some people are alive only because its illegal to kill 'em

I heard an odd quote the other day considering who it came from
"The price of freedom isnt cheap... but the Marine Corps has paid the majority of your cost" - President Obama

seler, silens, et mortalis
Old 11-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Teching In

So uh, anyone else in the midwest area wanna go find that douchebag in IL? He's really starting to **** me the **** off. Some mother-******* just seriously can't appreciate what the hell we do/have done. And he sits there and rambles on about "patriotic American" this and that, yet all he does is sit there rubbin' his fat belly trying to ****-talk the US military for the things we do to keep everyone safe at night. Ungrateful bastards like him really make me wanna go "Charles Joseph Whitman" on people.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

Lol a Lynch mob. Beat him with different types of sway bars. And ask if he can feel any difference between them. Lets practice democracy and vote ban him.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VinR1
Some people are alive only because its illegal to kill 'em

I heard an odd quote the other day considering who it came from
"The price of freedom isnt cheap... but the Marine Corps has paid the majority of your cost" - President Obama

seler, silens, et mortalis
Obama stole that quote from someone else. I can't remember for the life of me who originally said it though...
Old 11-15-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LtGen Lewis "CHESTY" Puller, USMC
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
I think this particular quote says something of relevance.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
<rant>
Doing "great things" for other countries and interfering with other governments which are corrupt or not, certainly isn't inline with the original intent of the founders, and certainly unconstitutional. Sounds more like a UN mission, not one of the US.

I mean if this country doesn't care about its Constitution, why not adopt the UN Charter, which means you have NO RIGHTS, ONLY PRIVILEGES, bestowed by government. NO THANKS , I would rather defend what we have and support only those who uphold what so many died for to guarantee our rights. But we won't keep what we don't fight for. These undeclared wars aren't doing anything to keep us free, it is only enslaving us by the costs, both monetary and consequential. The US is bankrupt in part due to the war machine, and this "quantitative easing" you hear about from the Federal Reserve is merely inflation -- notice all the prices going up at the grocery stores? Find it funny that the CPI does not include food and energy -- things EVERYONE has to pay for? The numbers are being manipulated...

That's right, no great improvements in OUR country, but touted great improvements in other countries we have no business in. Hmm, sounds familiar, like how this government (composed of migrants or invaders from overseas nations) screwed the Native Americans of THIS country.

I would rather you and your friends not have to go through any of that for wars that are not for declared, and not for national defense. You guys may be "doing your job", but not if the oath is meaningless -- notice the Constitution comes first:

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

What do I want from military -- defend the Constitution and provide national defense (no nation building, offense or police actions).
</rant>
BTW, this thread was started as a salute to armed forces not a bashing to our country. Problems with the govenment, Im sure they have forums set up just for that. I served in the Army as a Medic 10th mtn div for 8 years in that time Ive been to Iraq twice and Afghanistan once. From you points of view Id think youve never been. There were reasons for our being there home land security isnt about fixing a problem after it happens but also prevention prior to it starting(Iraq example). As far as money goes, the govenment has spent more money in tax bail outs and stimulus than goes to the war. If you pay any attention to whats going on you would see that the elected pres Obama has multiplied the debt by 3 times as much. Also in my point of view clearly my point of view only, I think before our country is taking care of every other country in catstrophic event IE floods hurricanes ect... maybe we should worry about getting our own finances in order before we give out money we dont have.
Back to the point this thread was intended for, I appreciate all the men and women over seas and serving, Ive been there I know whats its like even when you wonder why, you just need to know your doing it for your country in which you family lives free in.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Elected officials come and go. The men and women of the armed forces don't join when one party is in power only to leave when their term is up/voted out. They signed up to serve their country, and when those elected officials need these dedicated men and women, THEY ARE THERE TO DO WHAT IS ASKED OF THEM. We have to take for granted that these elected officials are doing what is in our best interests. Your Gov't asks a lot of these soldiers and the soldiers DO. PERIOD. That is TRUE DEDICATION. THAT IS SERVING YOUR COUNTRY. The Gov't has its' job. The military has its' job. Do not confuse the two entities (keep reading, don't try to explain/counter with "the two work together/ one is an arm of the other" etc.). Vote out your elected officials if they aren't doing what you want. I put aside my feelings towards Gov't/policy/politics etc on Veterens Day etc. because this day is about OTHER THINGS. I salute these men and women for their unwavering devotion. That is enough from me.

Last edited by pewter2002; 11-16-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Y
Originally Posted by pewter2002
Elected officials come and go. The men and women of the armed forces don't join when one party is in power only to leave when their term is up/voted out. They signed up to serve their country, and when those elected officials need these dedicated men and women, THEY ARE THERE TO DO WHAT IS ASKED OF THEM. We have to take for granted that these elected officials are doing what is in our best interests. Your Gov't asks a lot of these soldiers and the soldiers DO. PERIOD. That is TRUE DEDICATION. THAT IS SERVING YOUR COUNTRY. The Gov't has its' job. The military has its' job. Do not confuse the two entities (keep reading, don't try to explain/counter with "the two work together/ one is an arm of the other" etc.). Vote out your elected officials if they aren't doing what you want. I put aside my feelings towards Gov't/policy/politics etc on Veterens Day etc. because this day is about OTHER THINGS. I salute these men and women for their unwavering devotion. That is enough from me.
Well said!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:38 AM
Teching In

I'm a two year Afghanistan (OEF) deployment vet here and still actively serving. Been to some of the worst places in Afghanistan where the Taliban and Al Qaeda have a very strong presence. Districts/provinces like Kandahar, Helmand, Arghandab, Zabul, Panjwai, Maywand to name just a few. Been through and experienced a lot of **** over there that no one (regular civilian) will ever understand unless they have been through it themselves. Seen a lot of my buddies get killed or wounded as well as get wounded several times myself. To all those who have fought or are fighting for our country, thank you! And to those of you on here that have shown thanks to the soldiers like myself and many others, your gratitude is very much appreciated, thank you as well!!!
Attached Thumbnails US Veterans, please read.-imag0127.jpg   US Veterans, please read.-imag0129.jpg  
Old 11-17-2010, 05:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by THE F-BODY KING
I'm a two year Afghanistan (OEF) deployment vet here and still actively serving. Been to some of the worst places in Afghanistan where the Taliban and Al Qaeda have a very strong presence. Districts/provinces like Kandahar, Helmand, Arghandab, Zabul, Panjwai, Maywand to name just a few. Been through and experienced a lot of **** over there that no one (regular civilian) will ever understand unless they have been through it themselves. Seen a lot of my buddies get killed or wounded as well as get wounded several times myself. To all those who have fought or are fighting for our country, thank you! And to those of you on here that have shown thanks to the soldiers like myself and many others, your gratitude is very much appreciated, thank you as well!!!

I dont know if you should claim Kandahar... That was where i got to go for R&R. Linked up with some of the russians there got some vodka. That was pretty cool.... lol, Im just talkin smack, out of the places you said the only one i recognized was that one. When i was in afghanistan i spent 9 months at PB Shkin, couple in Orgun-E, and I was on a Medivac to Gardez.. (not the injured one i was the Medic) My other over seas trips were in Iraq.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That was intentional for emphasis -- historically, the original capitalization is "united States" -- since a portion of state sovereignty became shared at the start of the nation -- the States came together to create the whole, yet retained sovereignty, except those powers delegated.

[QUOTE=KevinR;14122072]
Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
You know, the United States is not now and never has been at the time of the Constitution's creation, a democracy -- it is a constitutional republic; we do democratically elect our public officials, however.
QUOTE]

First thing, please make sure you always use a capital letter when talking about OUR country. 2nd, it's cool to have your opinion but you don't have to comment on anything. Just please keep it to yourself. We all understand your point. Let's try to keep this positive.

Semper Fi.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

That is NOT what the oath says! Go read it again.

First and foremost they "will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same"

Doing what is 'asked of them' AKA "orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice" is secondary to the above...

Originally Posted by pewter2002
They signed up to serve their country, and when those elected officials need these dedicated men and women, THEY ARE THERE TO DO WHAT IS ASKED OF THEM.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

With a national debt not seen since after WWII times, military spending cuts have to come soon. "Serving my country" is NOT fighting in unconstitutional undeclared wars, offensive wars, police actions or UN peace keeping missions -- this is NOT what the oath is all about, and we cannot afford the debt.

Did you know County Sheriffs take a somewhat similar oath? Here's one who understood and acted on his oath, and won his case before the US Supreme Court because he stood by the Constitution's principles -- I just went to a seminar of his:
http://www.sheriffmack.com/

The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, that is what every citizen of this country needs to understand and act on -- enlisted folks too. Our freedom is being taken away from us because of the movement for a new world order, as mentioned above.

Here's a good class on the Constitution, I have taken it -- you think you know much about the Constitution? I guarantee you will be surprised what you learn after you have been through this class:
http://constitutionpreservation.org/

The kind of vets I really want to thank are those courageous to stand on liberty, principle and the Constitution, like aforementioned Michael New -- someone who acted to protect freedom.

That graphic in my email signature is there for a reason -- a Campaign for Liberty is what any freedom-loving American should desire, no?

Originally Posted by tillery
Liberty are you a Vet? Have you ever served your country? Do you really understand anything on what goes on in actuall combat or over seas military matters at all? Or going off what you see on the news? I took that oath many times and fully understand it. Obviously you dont. Thank a vet for your freedom to do this to a thread dedicated to vets your making into politics.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Ugh... this is no different from completely hijacking any car thread of a certain subject and relentlessly trying to change it to a different subject even after almost everyone told you not to do it.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:55 PM
12 Second Club

I was in during the time that particular soldier couldn't serve his country. You don't have Your facts straight. If you can't thank those who fought wars foreign or domestic. Just move on. We worked with the U.N. to stop people like Milosevic and Hussein and bring them to justice. And look at history. War is good for the economy. It puts people to work for the war effort. Don't worry. We don't want your kind fighting for this country. There are brave people already doing that job for you.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DocLemieux83
I dont know if you should claim Kandahar... That was where i got to go for R&R. Linked up with some of the russians there got some vodka. That was pretty cool.... lol, Im just talkin smack, out of the places you said the only one i recognized was that one. When i was in afghanistan i spent 9 months at PB Shkin, couple in Orgun-E, and I was on a Medivac to Gardez.. (not the injured one i was the Medic) My other over seas trips were in Iraq.
If you're talking about Kandahar as in KAF (Kandahar Air Field) then yea that place is like a resort because it's southern Afghanistan's biggest main NATO/ISAF base and it's very well financed with accommodations for troops, U.S. and NATO. But Kandahar province is huge and Kandahar City is the Taliban's birthplace and is considered their holy land. Very bad place to be though. Besides all that, since you are a Medic, are you Army, Navy, or AirForce? Im a Infantryman (11B) in the Army.

Quick Reply: US Veterans, please read.