Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Group Purchase request on Koni shocks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 11:45 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
Wouldn't service before the sale and dealing with people be considered important as well? Not just tech recommendations and know how after the fact??
Well, I can't tell you how to set them up before you have them. For two reasons. 1. the adjuster isn't a simple **** with 8 settings so I can't say "set them to 5". 2. Every time I give a lot of detail to folks before they have the item, then I get smacked upside the head because they have the info they want--and then they'll go try and save $5 and I'm left wasting my time, giving out information I worked hard to develop, and someone else gets the business... I don't know of anyone who is happy to do the work and someone else reap the reward.

It's no secret that others sell Koni's too. I know it, the difference is a lot of places can sell a product, and know little or nothing about it. You think the kid working @ Wal-Mart knows much about dog-food? I can sell a camshaft, but can't help you pick one or tell you what you might need as it's not something I know a ton about (and I readily admit it). The fact is you can call all over, and you won't find anyone else with the level of experience I have with most things suspension. I've run multiple sets of Koni's, run them on multiple sets of springs, even on a lot of different cars. You could buy from someone who "sells" the line, but what do they know about the line? What kind of service and technical help can they offer?

FWIW, the Koni prices on full sets go up at the end of this week---I extended it to give you and others a chance to take advantage of the current discounted pricing in the midst of this thread. But that's it, come the end of the day Friday, the prices will go back up approximately $50 per car set.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 11-30-2010, 11:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

The whole point of inquiring about a group purchase is to save money.

Service is important, I don't deny that. If I could care less about money and more about service then why would I go through all of this???? I would buy a set of Koni's for 1200 bucks and not give a damn if all I cared about was service.

All I was saying is that Service isn't the whole piece to the pie. I would like to see you spend and extra 900 dollars to have a local insurance agent and have all the great service in the world vs. getting your insurance through an 800 number like Geico. Use that as an example.

You get it now?????
You seem to miss a big point here. I'm already saving you money, but that's not enough. So maybe that's why I was a bit frustrated.

Further, you are shooting down your own argument. I'm not asking you to pay $1200 for Koni's to get my service. On the contrary--I'm trying to explain to you that for the already damned good price, you also the service with the sale.

And again, the insurance agrument: You are talking about an extra $900, not exactly a direct comparison here. But, some like having a local agent to help them with questions and details. I know I use a local agent, they charge a fair price and I'm happy to use them vs. calling someone I don't know on some 800 number to save a few dollars.

And let's not forget that not only have I had these on sale. I was the one who developed the 4/3 combination which others have copied. I'm the one who can explain the differences between them. And I'm the one who's trying to warn you about the price change instead of not saying anything and letting the prices jump and catch you by surprise. I think that is service. I think that's not only important, but the right thing to do. If that's not important to you there is nothing more to discuss on the matter.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 11-30-2010, 03:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sam you have done everything a sponsor on here should do and some.

Don't let people get to you.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSHAWK

In no way was I trying to "get to" Sam. I would probably still buy from him because of the reputation that he has. And a lot of times that's all that we have to go on, is someones reputation.

I was simply inquring about a group purchase, and the conversation through this forum did take an interesting turn.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant this thread please just end?

SUMMARY
1) We are not getting a group discount from Sam
2) Sam, you're a very helpful & well respected salesman
3) The sale has been extended
4) Service is key
5) You get what you pay for (service or not)
6) Koni's are still on the top of my wish list (discount or not)

Old 11-30-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In no way was I trying to "get to" Sam. I would probably still buy from him because of the reputation that he has. And a lot of times that's all that we have to go on, is someones reputation.

I was simply inquring about a group purchase, and the conversation through this forum did take an interesting turn.
infidel
Old 11-30-2010, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

When it comes to these shocks it is touchy subject. Sam does his best to explain not only how to use them. But also the erratic pricing. Others debate if these are worth it over other alternative shocks. It is frustrating for some people who want top performance without the price. I deal with that to in my line of work. There are cheaper shocks. But you know you wont be as satisfied. Fortunately he does offer the lowest price. Along with free support. Even if you don't need it. Who knows. Another sponsor may jump on this even if they will loose money to show it can be done. Stay tuned. Christmas and tax time may bring better pricing or said GP.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchntx
infidel
Old 11-30-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

infidel
are you that retarded? what are you in elementary school?
Old 11-30-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSHAWK

Exactly. I agree 100%.

/thread
Old 11-30-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Just buy the damn things and forget the GP. I got mine back in 2005 and the shocks transformed the car. Go for it.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

are you that retarded? what are you in elementary school?
Maybe you need to look up the definition.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Maybe you need to look up the definition.
I had to look it up

Infidel (literally "one without faith") is a chiefly archaic English noun, meaning one who doubts or rejects the central tenets of a religion other than one's own or has no religious beliefs; especially in reference to Christianity or Islam.

Infidel is an ecclesiastical term in Christianity around which the Church developed a body of theology that deals with the concept of infidelity; which makes a clear differentiation between those who were baptized and followed the teachings of the Church vs. those who are outside the faith.[4] The term infidel was used by Christians to describe non-Christians or those perceived as the enemies of Christianity, especially Muslims. The usage of the term for non-Christian monotheists distinguishes the term from heathen or pagan.[5]

After the ancient world the concept of otherness, an exclusionary notion of the outside by societies with more or less coherent cultural boundaries, became associated with the development of the monotheistic and prophetic religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The conception of infidelity as a theological condition is a result of their strict conformity to monotheism, as well as their rejection and condemnation of pagan rites

Quick Reply: Group Purchase request on Koni shocks!!!