Anyone have em.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You get what you pay for. Just saying.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Save afew penny's and talk to sam strano.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Junkie

^ Exactly. I wouldn't trust that stuff to save my life.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1.6" drop? Holy scraping road reflectors Batman!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

you can get used eibach's for around that
Old 01-18-2011, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1.6 inch lowering springs from ebay.. thanks for being specific
Old 01-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lethal bird
You get what you pay for. Just saying.
1+ to that!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:30 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Thats just too low for most shocks to properly dampen the springs. The result is poor ride quality and handling with a "pogo stick" bounce. Most of those low cost springs are off shore manufactured with very little attention to quality. Poor quality material is often used and important steps are skipped along the way to keep the costs down. Springs are technical than most people realize and if not manufactured properly they will loose their "set" and continue to lower your car over time. It's definitely a "get what you pay for" situation.

This was originally posted in August 2009. Most people don't realize how much work goes into manufacturing top-quality springs. BMR offers a LIFETIME guarantee against SPRING SAG. Here are the manufacturing steps used to make BMR springs:

1) BMR Springs are manufactured from chrome silicon high-tensile spring wire. This is the best spring wire available for automotive applications. Most NASCAR teams use this type of spring wire for their designs.

2) Every BMR spring is computer tested as the last step of the manufacturing process. Every spring...not just a sample from each batch. EVERY SPRING!! Each spring is loaded in the spring tester at the factory. The spring is compressed and the CNC Load Cell measures the force for a variety of spring lengths. The computer takes this data and compares it to the BMR quality specs. Bad springs (if any) are kicked out and the good ones are sent to BMR. Per our requirements, the test data for each and every spring is electronically sent to BMR.

3) BMR springs are cold wound on a CNC Coiling Machine. The CNC coiling head can adjust the spring diameter in real time to ensure that every spring is the same as the other springs. This guarantees that your right spring matches your left spring!!

4) Every BMR spring is compressed solid at the factory. Not once, but twice. This gives the spring its permanent set...and guarantees NO SAG. This allows BMR to offer a lifetime warranty against spring sag.

5) BMR springs are stress-relieved at 750 degrees F. This ensures that most stresses induced during the winding process are eliminated. This process is necessary to achieve the repeatable high-quality product that BMR offers!!

6) All springs are shot-peened to eliminate residual surface stresses. Many spring manufacturers skip this step. BMR insists on this operation as part of our spring manufacturing process.

A few more notes:

1) BMR springs are Proudly Made in the USA!!! Costs are minimized and quality is maintained using CNC manufacturing equipment. Shipping costs are low. No boats. No planes. No custom fees passed on to the customer. Just good old American manufacturing ingenuity!!

2) BMR springs are manufactured by a spring company that has been making springs for over 140 years. Think about it...when GM was founded in 1908, this spring company had already been making springs for 40 years. I say they know a thing or two about making springs.

3) BMR springs are manufactured by a family-owned spring company. The same family has owned this company for 140+ years (6 generations). No corporate bail-outs. No passing the buck. When your name has been on the door for 140 years, you make sure that you own the best spring manufacturing equipment available.

BMR Lowering Springs are the Highest Quality AND Lowest Cost spring available for the 4th Gen F-Body. Don't be fooled by companies that try to convince you to pay extra for your springs. With BMR, you get great tech advice, high quality springs, and the lowest cost!!
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

e-bay makes springs...huh??? Just joking. Go with a proven company don't buy no name crap off e-bay.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

i can vouge for bmrs spring quality. i have eibach sportlines. my friend bought a set of bilstein hd shocks and bmrs springs and i love the stance his car has so its convinced me to purchase a set of springs when i get my taxes back. i already have a full bmr rear suspension ea tq arm lcas and relocation brackets panhard and panhard relocation etc etc they sell nothing but good quality parts that give u amazing results and ill def be finishing my suspension setup w them
Old 01-19-2011, 12:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I wouldnt buy those, thats too low for our cars anyway.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

I mean.. certain stuff you should be fine buying from Ebay... all you know is the drop is 1.6 inches. You don't know how consistent the ride height is or the springrates (unless they state it and it better be BIG if the springs are that low)

Unless it's a brand you know.. springs aren't something I'd buy off ebay personally.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

BMR springs here with Sams Bilsteins arriving today! Can't wait to get them on and see who it looks and rides. First response is right, you get what you pay for!

Quick Reply: eBay 1.6" lowering springs.