Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pictures of my new Founders suspension!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy *****, I just googled Founders Performance. That stuff is really cheap. I don't understand how they could be making any money on their stuff, it's all half cost.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ShortChevy
Holy *****, I just googled Founders Performance. That stuff is really cheap. I don't understand how they could be making any money on their stuff, it's all half cost.
It's made in America too
Old 02-02-2011, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

Yea I see that. My point was I just don't see how they could be making much money. Add up the material there, even poly bushings in their LCA's, and they must be working for $10 an hour labor.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default nice!

dude, opinions are like ******** everyone has one, nice job on the car looks sweet man, let me know how those rear springs are, i want a set
Old 02-02-2011, 02:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good Fred! Brent, which I could come up with the comebacks you come up with....
Thank god we have a safe-haven to hang out in and not get bashed because we don't follow the crowd...
Old 02-02-2011, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LPE 403
, JD....its guys like you that keep those of us who actually exist and function outside the hollowed grounds of "Tech" so damn entertained with these one-dimensional arguments.
Im intrigued, can you explain what "argument" is one dimensional exactly? Is it so one dimensional that I recommend a set of Bilstiens, KYB's, Konis or custom valved shocks over a set of autozone shocks for a nice car that has a decent amount of money already into the suspension? (and shocks can certainly make or break a setup) and no - im not talking about performance, im talking about ride quality and feel.

Lol, if you would step off your ego riden pride box for a minute and actually R-E-A-D someone's post instead of taking your usual defensive position, it would be clearly understood that when I said "I get it", I was referring to spending the money for the "good stuff".
Im sorry you interpret it that way but im certainly not on any "ego-box", Im simply giving tech support on a tech forum. It seems some (you included, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation) get butt hurt if someone recommends something you don't want to hear.

To go one further...."delivery" was in reference to...well...you. Like I said, feathers arent ruffled, just please keep the entertainment fresh.
Sorry, next time Ill skip the logic and technical side and just say "Nice car, have fun with it!" Because clearly there are no room for opinions or advice here. Thank god back in the day when I was searching for suspension advice people were able to voice their opinions without being flammed.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nascarnate326
I couldnt agree more.

I bought my car because its fun to drive, not because I am a race car driver.
X2 me as well. While I enjoy the occasional race, its a fun street car. So whats so wrong about making the car better?

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I like the set-up OP, it looks nice. Stock these cars didnt ride that great so there is no way you have done any worse so i dunno what people are bitching about
This is the problem. Bad shocks + lowering springs = way worse than stock (add poly bushings in the equation and it gets worse).

Originally Posted by OIF1VET
Thank god we have a safe-haven to hang out in and not get bashed because we don't follow the crowd...
I know, all these sheeple don't understand, Im sticking with an Ebay electric supercharger on a bone stock engine with the biggest cam I can find and a stock tune, Im not going to follow the crowd, it will work just fine...
Look not trying to be a dick but to say that going with something that has been proven to work over something that has been proven to not work is "just following the crowd" is just silly, and taking jabs at the people who are just making a simple recommendation.

Last edited by JD_AMG; 02-02-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
I know, all these sheeple don't understand, Im sticking with an Ebay electric supercharger on a bone stock engine with the biggest cam I can find and a stock tune, Im not going to follow the crowd, it will work just fine...
Always entertaining on tech....
Old 02-02-2011, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Im intrigued, can you explain what "argument" is one dimensional exactly? Is it so one dimensional that I recommend a set of Bilstiens, KYB's, Konis or custom valved shocks over a set of autozone shocks for a nice car that has a decent amount of money already into the suspension? (and shocks can certainly make or break a setup) and no - im not talking about performance, im talking about ride quality and feel.

Im sorry you interpret it that way but im certainly not on any "ego-box", Im simply giving tech support on a tech forum. It seems some (you included, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation) get butt hurt if someone recommends something you don't want to hear.

Sorry, next time Ill skip the logic and technical side and just say "Nice car, have fun with it!" Because clearly there are no room for opinions or advice here. Thank god back in the day when I was searching for suspension advice people were able to voice their opinions without being flammed.
Wow....couldn't wait to get home from school to see who was talking about ya, huh? Seriously dude, let it go....

You have soooooo missed the point (yes, there was one in there) I would hope that we can agree its pretty much worthless to continue this. I'll stay in my "follower" world (lol, btw) and you keep driving in circles in vacant school parking lots. No sense in trashin' up OP's thread....anymore than we have. Truce?
Old 02-02-2011, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

so... does eBay really have electric superchargers? I hear they require a larger alternator - any truth to this? Maybe I can gain more power if I install recharging brakes like the Volt has??? I have a good amount of electrical tape, so I think I'm set there...
Old 02-02-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol @ this thread. People make suggestions to the OP and everybody gets out of shape because we're destroying this thread....if you don't want any suspension advice, maybe you shouldn't post on a technical website in the suspension section
Old 02-02-2011, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Wasn't looking for advice

Just wanted to share, what I thought was a positive experience with Founders Performance. First reply, and most there after were thrashing my decisions on parts because they felt the need to flex their keyboard muscles... not necessary

I wish some of you guys would go buy some mustangs, because you're really tarnishing the reputation of fbody owners and true car enthusiats
Old 02-02-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

You missed the point, expect advice in the suspension section of a tech website. Having all of the people on this forum that understand the workings of the car and what parts compliment them isn't a bad thing, and definitely doesn't tarnish anything.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LPE 403
Wow....couldn't wait to get home from school to see who was talking about ya, huh? Seriously dude, let it go....
Typical internet tough guy defense, when all else fails go for personal attacks...
You have soooooo missed the point (yes, there was one in there) I would hope that we can agree its pretty much worthless to continue this. I'll stay in my "follower" world (lol, btw) and you keep driving in circles in vacant school parking lots. No sense in trashin' up OP's thread....anymore than we have. Truce?
Sure, although Id still like to know this point Im missing.

Originally Posted by 19xtreme99
so... does eBay really have electric superchargers? I hear they require a larger alternator - any truth to this? Maybe I can gain more power if I install recharging brakes like the Volt has??? I have a good amount of electrical tape, so I think I'm set there...
No one answer this, its a trick question! If you give any opinion other than what they want to hear they will jump down your throat, tell you that you are a bad car enthusiast and this thread will start all over again.

OP regardless of the parts used, you have a very clean good looking car
Old 02-02-2011, 10:43 PM
TECH Junkie

How about stop shitting in the OP's thread with back and forth bickering. This is happening too much here.

I asked the question earlier, I'll try again.. Since people typically do not recommend poly/poly LCAs due to binding, what about poly/poly panhard rods? I have a poly/poly on-car UMI adjustable panhard rod, and stock LCAs. I DO plan to get roto/rod ended LCAs, but I'm curious did I take a suspension performance loss going with poly/poly panhard? UMI actually recommended I go with poly/poly and not the rod or roto joint end. It seemed as if it doesn't make much difference on the PHR, but I have never read anything indicating it is good or bad...
Old 02-02-2011, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HoLLo
How about stop shitting in the OP's thread with back and forth bickering. This is happening too much here.

I asked the question earlier, I'll try again.. Since people typically do not recommend poly/poly LCAs due to binding, what about poly/poly panhard rods? I have a poly/poly on-car UMI adjustable panhard rod, and stock LCAs. I DO plan to get roto/rod ended LCAs, but I'm curious did I take a suspension performance loss going with poly/poly panhard? UMI actually recommended I go with poly/poly and not the rod or roto joint end. It seemed as if it doesn't make much difference on the PHR, but I have never read anything indicating it is good or bad...
The PHB doesn't need to articulate as much as the LCA's....so while it's not ideal, it's not a big disadvantage. One option is to have a poly/roto ended PHB, as the poly on the body helps keep vibration out, but the roto end on the rear allows for articulation, which is slightly more necessary than the body side.

I haven't heard many people (if any) complain about the ride with a rod/rod PHB however.

EDIT: I should add, when I say articulate, I mean twist as z28bryan said

Last edited by 99FormulaM6r; 02-02-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by HoLLo

The PHB doesn't want to twist at both points like the LCA's do. I don't think the PHB can cause much bind
Old 07-03-2011, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

These guys are right Sensatracs suck. Those grooves they are talking about, monroe calls it there groove tub technology and its so the at normal ride height there are grooves in cylinder around the piston to allow oil to bypass the piston so there is little to no resistance in the first x amount of travel.

So think about it they take a shock, which is supposed to dampen spring movement, and literally take the dampening out of it for certain conditions.

So they dont perform, plus I've had quality control issues, where the metal boot rubs the shock, leaks after just a short time, and ive had them where the ride so ridiculously rough to the point where it feels like a frozen shock right out of the box.

Ive sold and installed them for a long time, and I always recommend a different option to customers.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 197 Posts

monroes....FTW !!!

Last edited by sjsingle1; 07-07-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

All that nice new suspension wasted with crappy shocks.. The car will likely ride and handle worse than stock with those Monroe's unfortunately.

Quick Reply: Pictures of my new Founders suspension!