Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Quiet Suspension Wanted 408ci

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 03:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quiet Suspension Wanted 408ci

I have a 408. I have PM'd Strano and UMI. Its a street car, not really any straight line racing. They both have told me to do a poly/roto LCA and PHB. My question is basically i do drive the car hard, but i dont want any noises. I no its ridiculous but i dont want to hear squeaking, because everyong where i live has very expensive cars. I made my SS very nice and i dont want people to look because its squeaking. so heres my thought

to make it super quiet i would like to:

Adjustable LCA with DUAL solid rubber bushings
Adjustable PHB with quietest possible setup.

however if it is still best for the poly/roto setup then i would do that. i dont want to be ******* with the LCA's all the time, even though i dont drive often. If the rubber is enough for the street then thats all i want. I want USABLE parts, not over the top crap. please help, if the solid rubbers are enough then i would just do that. let me know what best
Old 02-26-2011, 07:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

I think the first question that needs to be asked is what are you looking to gain by adding a set of lower control arms and a panhard bar to your vehicle? Different bushing options have different benefits depending on what the user is looking to gain from them.

Rubber bushings have their pros and cons. I am not a fan of rubber bushings in aftermarket control arm because I feel it defeats the purpose of installing a new set of control arms. If you build a rigid control arm but place soft bushings in the control arms the bushings will deflect and give before the control arm has to work. The rubber bushings are designed for this so in my honest opinion if you are looking for rubber bushings stay with the stock control arms.

The Roto-Joint we offer is designed as a multi-use bushing. It allows the articulation that is needed in the suspension but will also work as a solid bushing when needed, such as straight line traction. The Roto-Joint may increase road noise slightly and will firm up the ride some. The combination of poly/Roto is designed for a street car, the poly bolts to the chassis to help absorb road noise. When properly greased they will not squeak.

If you can let us know what you would like to gain by adding these items we can help you a little more.

Thank you,
Ryan
Old 02-27-2011, 03:47 AM
Launching!

thank you for your response....from my understanding, the solid bushings are not "soft bushing" and i would want aftermarket LCA's because i have larger tires and only want to get bigger...so that will help with alignment. also i am looking into some strano springs in a bit here when my tax check comes so Panhard to straighten rear.
am i wrong??
Old 02-27-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

If you lower the car you will need lower control arm relocation brackets as well to correct the angle. Also like you said, an adjustable panhard bar is needed to center the rear end. Both my LCA's and panhard bar have bushings. I have zero noise coming from them and I haven't even greased them yet. Really, if it's a street car they will work fine.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:52 AM
Launching!

thanks for the help, i just feel that some things that UMI sell might be too much for me so i just want to know what is the best for me. it might be best for me to just switch bushings and that might be enough and cheap...
Old 02-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Launching!

nobody else??
Old 02-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Teching In

If you keep your fittings greased when you change your oil, you shouldn't be able to hear poly or roto-joint type bushings over your 408.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Launching!

Thanks, however my car isn't insanely loud, actually it is quieter than my bolt on 346 was. And it's not only me I don't want others to hear it and wonder why I'm driving a pos.

Last edited by DGageSS; 03-02-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Teching In

To much for you? What do you mean by that? You do have a 408...
Old 03-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Launching!

bump...

Quick Reply: Quiet Suspension Wanted 408ci