Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question about installing the Pro kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about installing the Pro kit?

ok, I have the car all tore apart (00 t/a) and just about ready to throw in the Pro Kit springs and I also got Bilstien front and rear shocks.

I have heard of some ppl having leveling trouble with the pro kit and using heater hose around the coils to level it out....anyone done this?

Also, I assuming I need to reinstall the rubber isolators? I know on a mustang some ppl let them out to let it drop a little more but it squicks like you wouldnt beleive. Well looking for some opinions before I finish this project.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-19-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Come on now, I know at least half of us have the pro kit installed

No Opinions
Old 02-19-2004, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think the prokit sits too low in the back. in fact, i've never seen a picture with a prokit sitting level in the front and back. personally, i would wrap the top coil in heater hose AND replace the rear spring isolator to put the rear a little higher and level it all out. if you think it's too high when you are done, you can always take the heater hose out.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i think the prokit sits too low in the back. in fact, i've never seen a picture with a prokit sitting level in the front and back. personally, i would wrap the top coil in heater hose AND replace the rear spring isolator to put the rear a little higher and level it all out. if you think it's too high when you are done, you can always take the heater hose out.
Thanks tuffluck!
Thats what I thought and what I have heard before, I just wanted a opinion so I didnt feel lost
Old 02-19-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rear springs are very easy to remove. Do some experimentation ...
Old 02-19-2004, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats what I am going to do, I am going to try no heater hose and see how it looks. It is sits lower I'll tear them back out
Old 02-19-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let them settle before making changes though! Go over some bumpy road, and cruise around a bit to get them in the right spot.

My Pro-Kit is perfect, was it a fluke?
Old 02-20-2004, 01:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by glitch77
Let them settle before making changes though! Go over some bumpy road, and cruise around a bit to get them in the right spot.

My Pro-Kit is perfect, was it a fluke?
if you go to the back of your car and look down the lines of the camaro, you'll probably see that the rear sits substantially lower than the front (around half an inch to 3/4 of an inch). the way the camaro was designed, the front sat lower than the rear. so when you drop the rear more (like almost EVERY spring manufacturer makes their f-body springs), although the car looks level to the ground, the front fender actually sits higher. firebirds are different because they aren't built ***-end tilted, and their weights are different, so f-body lowering springs lower them better than the camaro. and ya, if this isn't the case with your pro-kit, then you've definetely got a fluke.

can you now see what i'm talking about?
Old 02-20-2004, 08:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm hoping for a fluke too!
Old 02-20-2004, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I changed from Pros to G2 Supers because of the rear end sag.

Do a search on "sag" near "Eibach" and you will see many of us suffering from it.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

apparently, the guy whom i was borrowing the picture from didn't like me using it
Old 05-27-2004, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll never order anything from LG Motorsports. EXTREMELY bad customer care and failing to mention when I ordered that they were on back order for a while. Got them to get me some Eibachs, but there was always some reason why they haven't shipped not to mention they were being dropped shipped from CA(I live 4-5 hours from LG). Ordered from Thunderracing yesterday and will be here today, standard shipping. I'll never own anything LG because off all the headaches and I should already have springs installed!!
Old 05-27-2004, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

BTW, to the post. I'm installing my Eibachs tonight. I'm going to try with heater hose from the begining and see how it looks. Might save myself some work, hopefully plus I'll be at Advanced Auto renting a spring compressor anyways.

Anyone know what size heater hose and how much to buy, by chance??
Old 05-27-2004, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
BTW, to the post. I'm installing my Eibachs tonight. I'm going to try with heater hose from the begining and see how it looks. Might save myself some work, hopefully plus I'll be at Advanced Auto renting a spring compressor anyways.

Anyone know what size heater hose and how much to buy, by chance??
Advanced Auto told me they didnt rent them? I ended up buying one for $20, worked great.

I am running no heater hose and have had the pro kit on for about 4000 miles, I personally think it sits great, front to rear are pretty much even, I am very happy with the look. However when I went to put it on a lift the passenger side rear is sittting lower then the drivers side, I though that was kind of odd. The motor is stock so I havent done any extreme hard launches to cause this and the springs were new.

Otherwise I am extremely pleased with the kit!
Old 05-27-2004, 07:05 PM
Teching In

On a side note....how the hell do you guys do the front springs and struts? I tried for 3 hours on the passenger side last week, unable. Iam not a pro, but damn it was HARD! I got the sway bar and all nuts/bolts off of it, but couldn't get it out of the control arm. Anyway, put it back together and took it to shop for $140 install of Bilstein struts. Did accomplish rears myself, and I love the ride of the Bilsteins! Any advice if I ever do lower it?