Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano vs UMI sway bars?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the UMI's on last week, and so far so good. They are very heavy compared to stock, and I do not know anything other than what is in this thread about the Stranos. Overall though the UMI is quality and I like their stuff. So far I've gotten their sways, strut tower brace, torque arm, LCAs, LCA Relocaters, and subframes. Every piece has been well packaged, perfectly powder coated, and just overall nice. Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by aerojt
I just got the UMI's on last week, and so far so good. They are very heavy compared to stock, and I do not know anything other than what is in this thread about the Stranos. Overall though the UMI is quality and I like their stuff. So far I've gotten their sways, strut tower brace, torque arm, LCAs, LCA Relocaters, and subframes. Every piece has been well packaged, perfectly powder coated, and just overall nice. Good luck with your decision.
Thanks for the input. Was the install difficult due to the bars being heavier, did everything line up like it should? Also, I've read where some say the bolts are too short...was that an issue? Thanks!!
Old 05-28-2011, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One thing I am curious about, which Strano has yet to answer from my email to him:

The new sway bracket holes are significantly larger than stock OEM ones on my SS, but no other provisions were provided, so are the rear stock U-bolt nuts adequate, or should washers be added? What about the OEM front bolts and larger bracket holes, are the OEM bolts adequate, or washers again?

Also, the rear endlinks come with lock washers, but the front endlinks did not, are they missing or not included/necessary for the front?
Old 05-28-2011, 07:21 AM
Staging Lane

If you think the holes are too large why not just add a flat washer? Do you really need to post a question about when to use a flat washer and when not too?? I would assume the brackets that are supplied are universal to many cars and this is why the hole size is large. If you check out summit all the brackets are universal for a million cars.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
One thing I am curious about, which Strano has yet to answer from my email to him:

The new sway bracket holes are significantly larger than stock OEM ones on my SS, but no other provisions were provided, so are the rear stock U-bolt nuts adequate, or should washers be added? What about the OEM front bolts and larger bracket holes, are the OEM bolts adequate, or washers again?

Also, the rear endlinks come with lock washers, but the front endlinks did not, are they missing or not included/necessary for the front?
The lock washers and not included with the front, just so you know.

Quick Reply: Strano vs UMI sway bars?