Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

help - vogtland springs too low

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darknessxyz
I've Vogtland and Koni, love them very much. The rear spring rate is a bit high but I can get away with Koni. Vogtland spring is much better than Eibach or HR. Sam Strano spring IS make from the same factory as Vogtland, same design, same material, same made in Germany, just different spring rate.
^^^THIS, unless Sam changed suppliers.

And yes, Sam's spring rates/linear type of spring are proprietary, and not available directly from Vogtland in those rates, and in a linear type spring.

Last edited by dailydriver; 07-27-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I believe Hyperco (Hypercoil) makes Sam Strano's springs now, which is a very good U.S. spring manufacturer.

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 07-27-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
I believe Hyperco (Hypercoil) makes Sam Strano's springs now, which is a very good U.S. spring manufacturer.
Even better yet!!
Old 08-14-2015, 03:49 PM
Teching In

raytx1, have you changed to a different spring yet? I currently have vogtland springs with bilstein shocks and the ride sucks. I am looking at slp lowering springs, bmr or strano.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cmartws6
raytx1, have you changed to a different spring yet? I currently have vogtland springs with bilstein shocks and the ride sucks. I am looking at slp lowering springs, bmr or strano.
No I have not, I've been watching the classifieds hoping to see a set of Strano springs for sale.

Like I said earlier, I love the stance my car has with the vogtlands, but the ride sucks; it's hard to even enjoy my car sometimes.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I have lots of springs in stock. Brand new ones. And yes my springs are now made (have been for a number of years in fact) by Hypercoil. Again to my specs, these are not some other spring that I relabel, they are mine and mine alone.

I changed suppliers for a few reasons, none of which because Vogtland did a bad job on the springs, they didn't. But supply issues were a problem, customs was a problem, and ultimately I do prefer to use something made in the USA when I can. But I won't if it's not up to scratch. Hypercoil is good stuff, and I went to them originally in fact but their pricing wasn't nearly competitive enough to work for me then. I guess since they realize I was for real and I do a lot of springs, so they reconsidered when I showed them what I do.

I'm glad they are hard to find for sale used, tells me I have something folks like.

If you are looking at others, that's cool. Just try and find out who makes them and other details. I can tell you, happily, why I did what I did on rate, height, and supplier. And it's not about money on the supplier side. In fact I pay Hypercoil MORE than I paid before, but you might notice the price is still $249.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-29-2015, 08:04 PM
12 Second Club

Knowing that Sam's springs are now made by Hyperco, I would not even bother to 'cross shop'!

Quick Reply: help - vogtland springs too low