Strano
71.43%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

BMR or Strano Lowering Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

So what are you saying is, it doesn't matter what I know or how my stuff works. Its about price and my attitude. Well I sometimes have a bad attitude for exactly this reason: IT DOESN'T SEEM TO MATTER TO MANY OF YOU THAT I *PERSONALLY* BUST MY *** TO MAKE SURE YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED. I don't tend to coddle you like babies, and that, a shocking amount of time hurts people's feelings.

I am FLOORED, flat out shocked and amazed that none of you seem to get that I'm not charging a "high price" for my stuff, stuff I developed and I've proven time and again. The poll here shows that more folks want my springs. My springs cost less than Hotchkis, they are around Eibach and H&R and everyone else. But hey, value doesn't matter when you can get cheap stuff for FREE!!!!!

So yeah, I wonder why I get sick of this.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 03-14-2012, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Further proving my point.

I know you know your stuff and work hard and play hard on the track to get your results. But that's not enough to make ME personally support your business. I'm sure your springs are a fantastic product, I acknowledge that and never denied it.

Nobody needs their hands held, but when it comes down to products not proprietary to you, I'll go.elsewhere because whether you like to or not, you gotta treat people right to make money.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

I have strano springs with KYB AGX. I recommended the same setup to my friend Travis yesterday, and he bought a suspension package from Strano yesterday too. Sam recommended the bilsteins for him. I was sitting right there the entire time and Sam was not rude, and explained things in detail to my friend. He did the same thing when I ordered mine over a year ago. He's a stand-up guy and I didn't think he was rude at all; Just to the point. I would go with Strano man. I'm sure BMR is a good company too; in fact I am wanting to buy their lowering a-arms, but a knock-off is a knock-off no matter how you look at it. Nothing at all against BMR either, but I am sure the individual tech's don't test and design their products... But who really knows? Swithing from stock to strano springs didn't really make my ride less comfortable at all. Just stiffer.
When buying something else like a TV for instance... I recently bought an LG 60" 1080p 600HZ TV... It was a lot of money, but it is bad-***. Do you guys think the knock-off cheaper brand is really as good? Or a wolf in sheeps clothing? I opted to not get the cheaper brand, even with similar specs. Tried-and-true goes along way in my book.
OP, Here's a pic of my ride on strano springs and KYB AGX shocks.

Last edited by UnVMySS; 03-14-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-14-2012, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Strano for me, matter of fact I use Sam for all my brake and suspension needs. Sam sells you what works not whats "trending". I have his springs matched with koni's on my 00 ss. The car came with the bilstein/eibach spring package originally. I felt a huge decrease in body roll and nose dive during moderate or heavy braking.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
But hey, value doesn't matter when you can get cheap stuff for FREE!!!!!
Alright, so I'll let you defend this one. Why would one pay the extra for your springs with the current sale going on over BMRs? Aside from the fact they copied your design/rate/whatever or somebody wants to support the "little guys".
Old 03-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

I just ordered some Strano springs, and some UMI parts, already have Konis on the car.

I entertained going with BMR, i liked the fact i could order them from summit and get them next day with a small handling fee, but i was ignored when i sent a PM to try to get some more info on the products i was looking for, and that for me was a sign that they could care less if they get my business or not. I was already leaning towards Strano, and the whole situation kind of sealed the deal.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the reccomendation unvmyss, and thanks Sam, for the help in choosing what would work best for me. I'd buy strano every time. Some people just need to learn to take advice in all forms from all angles. An outside look is always welcomed advice.

Last edited by FbodyVet; 03-14-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-14-2012, 06:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by HoLLo
I would go with BMR springs for a simple fact. Whether the public or Sam agrees with me or not, it is my opinion and the feeling I get. Strano is very knowledgable with suspension geometry but he has been nothing but rude in many instances to many people including myself, one of those high horse kind of attitudes like a young Lieutenant. Customer service is a deal maker or breaker for me. I'll spend a more money with a company that sounds like they want my business.

I'm sure his springs are a great product, but I won't buy them. I love my Hotchkis springs. BMR is a great company all around. From an actual car performance standpoint, it seems you can't go wrong either way.

Take your negative reviews in the same attitude you take your positives.
Agree %100 with your post. BMR products are top notch, currently the offer of their springs and Konis is hard to beat and the competition KNOWS that.

Want stance? You got it with BMR.

Want a friendly, respectful customer service; BMR again.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neither, Intrax ftw. But out of the two Strano.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Go with the stranos and you wont ever regret it .Sam was nothing but straight forward and honest with me.I called to talk with him about what kind of set up i had, but he was busy at that time and said he would get back to me. When he returned my call not only did he set me up with what i wanted , he didnt try to up sell me stuff i really didnt need.
Thanks again sam...when i need something you know who i am calling.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never had any problems with Sam. I'll buy from him again. I respect someone who puts in the time, effort and money to develop a set-up (then share it) that works, instead of just copying someone else's hard work. When I started looking for parts years ago, I read to many bad things (on Corner-Carvers and Frrax) about BMR to ever buy their stuff. Maybe their fabrication/copying has gotten better, but I'll never know because I won't buy it.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

installed some strano springs and bilstein hd shocks today

BMR or Strano Lowering Springs?-wp_000370.jpg
BMR or Strano Lowering Springs?-wp_000369.jpg

not the best pictures but overall i like the stance and ride much better then the stock crap.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-15-2012, 09:40 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Teezy
I just ordered some Strano springs, and some UMI parts, already have Konis on the car.

I entertained going with BMR, i liked the fact i could order them from summit and get them next day with a small handling fee, but i was ignored when i sent a PM to try to get some more info on the products i was looking for, and that for me was a sign that they could care less if they get my business or not. I was already leaning towards Strano, and the whole situation kind of sealed the deal.
If you were ignored, you may have sent it to one of our other usernames. Myself and Kyle are the only active members on here. We have a total of 5 usernames and that means there are three people you could have sent the PM to and obviously gotten no response because of this. We do not ignore PMs or emails if we receive them, that's not how we go about treating our customers at all. Kyle and I have checked our PMs and neither of us received anything. I just checked Brett's PMs and it looks like you sent it to him. I am responding to your PM now.

Thanks,
Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

i bought some suspension goodies from other websites before i knew about sam strano. I like the fact that he knows his stuff and isnt afraid to tell it like it is. He believes that strongly in his products and from now on, anything i need i will get from him, as long as its on his website. He has the cred. to back up all his statements. This isnt the little leagues boy/girls. His trophies/ reputation were earned not given because he just showed up!!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for all the info guys! Didn't mean to stir up anything.... Ill probably end up going with Strano springs & I'm still deciding on the shocks. Probably will come down to cash as usual haha
Old 03-16-2012, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Thanks for all the info guys! Didn't mean to stir up anything.... Ill probably end up going with Strano springs & I'm still deciding on the shocks. Probably will come down to cash as usual haha
This question comes up about once a year, usually right at the time of the sale, and it always stirs something up. For the record I have Stranos and Konis on my car.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Launching!

Bmr has been claiming their springs to be the same as sams for a long time now, its been redesigned to be more like stranos. Maybe some of you dont remember the threads between sam and bmr a few years back, and it may not be the same bmr posters around today, but I was completely soured on their whole company by those threads. Ive run sams products on 2 different cars now and will continue to do so in the future.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam1982
Bmr has been claiming their springs to be the same as sams for a long time now, its been redesigned to be more like stranos. Maybe some of you dont remember the threads between sam and bmr a few years back, and it may not be the same bmr posters around today, but I was completely soured on their whole company by those threads. Ive run sams products on 2 different cars now and will continue to do so in the future.
Links?
Old 03-17-2012, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitar
Links?
May be hard to come by now, many of them get deleted because BMR gets called out and embarrassed about things like owning umiparts.com, umisucks.com and umisucksdick.com.
Basically the same reason I won't do business with them, they have the elitist ******* attitude, act like they can do no wrong and provide minimal tech advice often suggesting things people don't need.

Quick Reply: BMR or Strano Lowering Springs?